PDA

View Full Version : sales in japan increased because of Halo

ftyards
05-02-2002, 04:47 PM
I got this off team xbox it says sell increase by 70%.
http://biz.yahoo.com/oo/020502/73479.html
And this from planet xbox.

Halo Keeps Up The Pace
Thursday, May 2, 11:27 | Talon |
Someone should really mark down today as the best day in Xbox history (not counting the launch of course) as the news just gets better and better. In the Japan software sales figures released for the week it was revealed that Halo was able to repeat its launch day success by taking the fourth spot with 44,200 units sold. While these figures are a far cry from the 441,500 units sold by the top game on the charts, World Soccer Winning Eleven 6 for PlayStation 2, it’s better than no Xbox games being on the charts.

Steve1987
05-02-2002, 05:17 PM
Thing are looking better!
Sales up in Austrailia and Japan, that can only be good thing for every Xbox owner!!! :cool:

Xboxfan123
05-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ftyards
I got this off team xbox it says sell increase by 70%.
http://biz.yahoo.com/oo/020502/73479.html
And this from planet xbox.

Halo Keeps Up The Pace
Thursday, May 2, 11:27 | Talon |
Someone should really mark down today as the best day in Xbox history (not counting the launch of course) as the news just gets better and better. In the Japan software sales figures released for the week it was revealed that Halo was able to repeat its launch day success by taking the fourth spot with 44,200 units sold. While these figures are a far cry from the 441,500 units sold by the top game on the charts, World Soccer Winning Eleven 6 for PlayStation 2, it’s better than no Xbox games being on the charts.

Sorry Smilebit but the Xbox is here to stay. "Good luck" Gamecube which is way overpriced for a console that just plays a lot of rehashed games.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Xbox is the king!
ps2 is the eventual loser!
fegget gc it's kiddy sh*t!

CodeMonkey
05-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
Xbox is the king!
ps2 is the eventual loser!
fegget gc it's kiddy sh*t!

I personally don’t think the gamecube is *****, it has some cool looking games and I will get one. But by far the Xbox is a better console for the more mature gamers

:D

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-02-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

I personally don’t think the gamecube is *****, it has some cool looking games and I will get one. But by far the Xbox is a better console for the more mature gamers

it is not for the mture people!just kids!

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Great news and nice find, ftyards!!

Though, I would disagree with the article in that it's as exciting as the XBox launch! lol...yeah right! There's no way I would camp 14 hours just to hear this news like I did for the XBox launch!! :D hehehe

Xtopia
05-02-2002, 06:49 PM
There's no way I would camp 14 hours just to hear this news like I did for the XBox launch!! hehehe

You camped for 14 hours?!? Whow! I had to wait for X-Mas, but I would have camped that long if I would have gotten my XBox on Nov. 15!!

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by xtopia

You camped for 14 hours?!? Whow! I had to wait for X-Mas, but I would have camped that long if I would have gotten my XBox on Nov. 15!!

Okay, I over-stated myself...it was, technically, 13 1/2 hours :D hehe..seriously!!! It was a VERY LONG TIME! But, well worth it! I was not only one of the first to buy an XBox by getting it on November 15th, but, I was the very first person in line to buy it! Some other crazy nutcases showed up after only one hour I was there! :D hehe...3 of them and they weren't even together!!!

It was funny because we all made a pact that if one of us had to go to the bathroom that they would hold our places in line for us :D And, man...after all of that beer, I definately had to use the restroom!! :D Okay...it was a tree ;)

CodeMonkey
05-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER

it is not for the mture people!just kids!

what!! the xbox is aimed at the more mature gamers...what u going on about........

or did you not read what i said properly!!

faceoff508
05-02-2002, 07:12 PM

I agree, the xbox is a far better councel then Gamecube but it has some descent games like Resident Evil!!

Afro Aura
05-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9

Not only are you a jackass, but you're a fanboy!

2 in 1 deal! :rolleyes:
hey man leave him be the XBOX is more superior to both machines so yes it would be king and the PS2 will lose but not yet give it time but I have to say the Game Cube it's a kiddie machine any more (I think?):cool:

dave_m123
05-03-2002, 11:39 AM
I agree the Gamecube aint **** it has some good loking games in development and I would rather have a Gamecube than a PS2. But it for the most part seems to be a kids console with a very small amount of mature games.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-03-2002, 02:27 PM

what!! the xbox is aimed at the more mature gamers...what u going on about........

or did you not read what i said properly!!
i was referring to gc not xbox!

EHWfedPres
05-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Why would a stupid soccer game sell so much? Soccer is so stupid. The only reason people riot at the games is because its so boring.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Why would a stupid soccer game sell so much? Soccer is so stupid. The only reason people riot at the games is because its so boring.
the game might be super stupid but i think soccer is a good sport!

Spike Minoda
05-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9

Not only are you a jackass, but you're a fanboy!

2 in 1 deal! :rolleyes:

Someone got told!!!!