PDA

View Full Version : Rare Confirmed For Xbox!!!

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-02-2002, 05:00 PM
This is big news! Rare is 100% going multi platform. What does this mean for Xbox you ask? Big Games!

It sounds like Nintendo may be in a little trouble! In reality, Rare brought Nintendo to the success that they are.

There's a lot to talk about as we head directly into the big E3 2002 show, of course, which is why I've been called back by the ambiguously homosexual duo to write one of these dog-slapping Rumor Reports. But I'm going to keep it short and sweet -- and focus my time, your energy, on one of our most beloved second-parties.

What's Going on at Rare?
You want to know. I want to know. Everyone wants to know. What in the hell is up at UK based second-party Rare? There have been literally dozens of rumors about the company in recent weeks and months, all of them questioning its allegiance to Nintendo, its future business model, and its ties to big-name third-party publishers. No solid confirmations, though. Well, hardly any.

Earlier today, however, I chatted with a source very, very close to the company, who was kind enough to fill me in on some very gritty dirt. Apparently Rare is indeed exploring a third-party structure and is determined to release many of its upcoming games across multiple consoles. An insider comments, "[Rare is] definitely, absolutely, 100% doing Xbox and PS2 development down here. They've had [Xbox and PS2] kits for three months or more."

Yikes. But it gets even worse. Some previously announced titles such as Donkey Kong Racing may not materialize as planned. Sources allege that after deciding to develop the racer for multiple platforms, Rare was asked by Nintendo to remove any and all likenesses to its licensed characters from the game. What will it be then, Monkey Racing? Not quite as compelling.

Development on the hotly anticipated Perfect Dark 0, finally, is allegedly moving along very slowly. "Team members keep quitting and it's a very small group now," revealed one leak close to the developer. Rumors abound suggest that the title won't be playable at E3 -- and in fact may not even be shown on video. Apparently Rare has been toying around with a cel-shaded look for the project, though this is not confirmed.

What the hell does all of this mean? Well, if true, it means that Nintendo's premiere second-party has decided to dabble around on other systems. In the end, GameCube owners are still likely to receive first dibs on Rare's biggest projects, but without exclusivity it's going to be a whole different ball game.

khaos2005
05-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Sweet... let's get GoldenEye ported.

Xtopia
05-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Good news! But I gotta tell ya, I think a cell-shaded PD would be g@y....IMO!

monkeyman
05-02-2002, 05:08 PM
hehe sweet

yeah but i agree pd would suck if it was cell shaded

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:58 PM
couple things..first off..that would be sweet..2nd..a link (to the article) would be sweeter....3rd..a definite RARE announcement would be the sweetest..and 4th, cel shaded PD would BLOW.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-03-2002, 01:25 PM
<a href="http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002584&p=">Click Here For The Sorce</a>

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
<a href="http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002584&p=">Click Here For The Sorce</a>

Dude, that aint no credible link. :rolleyes: That's just a forum board rumor.:rolleyes:
Nice try. I want a real link to a mainstream gaming site little trooper!:)