PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 3

MattKnob
05-02-2002, 06:15 PM
Well, I've been all over the place for the last couple of months trying to find out if and when GTA3 is coming out for the XBox. So far, this site is the only site that has made a peep about it. Recently, they changed the "Target Availablity" from May 15th to "unknown." What's the deal? Are those screenshots from an XBox GTA3 that is under construction or are they just PS2 screen shots? Is GTA3 REALLY coming out for XBox, or are these guys just pulling our chains?

Marc
05-03-2002, 12:32 AM
I went by gamestop and they didn't know either. Looks like nobody knows what the hell is going on...

Xbox Owner
05-03-2002, 09:39 AM
To anwser your question, I still think it's a rumor. But, yes most likely we will get it, and It should be out around July - August (Just My Opinion).

y2kash_14
05-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Grand Theft Auto 3 confirmed for Xbox, no release date..............

Vteck3000
05-04-2002, 12:43 AM
YES GRAND THEFT AUTO MIAMI is coming to the XBOX. Like the oter guy said there is NO date confirmed on when it's coming out be IT WILL COME OUT........... with a special edition city and new improoved graphics.
Be patient and you will get it......... :cool:

Alien
05-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I don't really care when it comes out, as long as it's a good game, and they didn't rush it to much.

Tkf5000
05-04-2002, 10:50 AM
i hope this doesnt start turning into a MGSX where they anounce it really early before xbox is out then they keep saying theyl make it then they dont then they say they will then they try to un-annnounce it lol. i want gta3.

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
To anwser your question, I still think it's a rumor. But, yes most likely we will get it, and It should be out around July - August (Just My Opinion).
Besides on this site, I've seen no proof...

P-Rock
05-11-2002, 11:56 AM
I think the reason that GTA3 keeps being delayed is probably because they're trying to filter out all the "naughty stuff" out of the game. I don't really understand why they're doing it, I mean if they want it to compete with the PS2 version, why take out the things that made the game good on PS2. I'd definetly give the game a try when it comes out, but I don't know if it'll be as good as the PS2 version.

Tkf5000
05-11-2002, 12:26 PM
no it wont be filtered. just like the pc version nothing will be filtered unless they make 2 versions a child safe and a normal version.

RadRider
05-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Well originally, the PS2 version came out and that was that. Then unofficially, somebody leaked that an Xbox and PC version were in the works, and that was the only word for some time. Then a while ago, the PC version was officialy confirmed, plus a release date that came later (I think it's coming out this month actually. I should pick it up and see what it's like with my GeForce 2 mx. I bet it runs better than the PS2 version :)).
I don't think an Xbox version has been officially confirmed yet, although I vaguely remember reading some rumors or news items that may have said it was. What I do know for a fact though, is nobody knows when its coming out.

Quite frankly, I don't care. My eyes are set on another "do anything" game coming out right away called "Morrowind". The only reason I'd care about GTA3 coming out for Xbox, is so that other people who do care, would purchase the system, further ensuring a sound purchase in the system on my behalf.

Boomer
05-11-2002, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (forget where) that GTA3 is coming out either on the 21st, or 22nd of may.

AppoX
05-11-2002, 02:26 PM
boomer, that is the pc version. there is no confirmed release date yet for the x-box but it has been confirmed that it will b coming out. rockstar games with prolly tell the release date at e3, so watch for it there

Boomer
05-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Thats what I had meant, I havn't heard much about an xbox version but I had meant that was the release date for pc, i just forgot to type that in, hehe

zfBRAT
05-12-2002, 02:09 AM
Perhaps it's being delayed to work out bugs and have added surprised features besides Miami

Tkf5000
05-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Either that or rockstar is to "busy" with other games like smugglers run(gamecube). Watch rockstar have GTA4 out on PoS2 b4 GTA3 even comes to xbox. Xbox is better, make xbox games and pc games. Pos2 has enough games(even though most of them are crappy)