PDA

View Full Version : Your First Xbox Xperience.

Carnage
05-02-2002, 07:56 PM
heh i had to wait till christmas to get my xbox. present from my parents. Got Halo, Amped, and PGR with it. Played em for the rest of the break. heh ;)

E-Xbox
05-02-2002, 09:42 PM
i reserved mine...
and that thursday..was the longest school day eva...
i invited my friend ova....
so my mom picked us up from school...
got home...
shes like..its in the trunk..
i look in the trunk..
big ass xbox bag..im like oh **** son!!
its actually here!
me and my friend ran downstairs as quick as we could...
busted out the system and 2 controllers and halo..
plugged it in..and we were amazed...
i played for like 3 hours..then time for dinner..then played another 3...
then went to bed cuz i had school the next day
but that weekend...oh god...
i think fri, sat nite..i got bout a total of like 5 hours sleep....
hehe

peace

Young_Fledgling
05-02-2002, 09:51 PM
i remember lugging that huge thing around toys r' us and the mall for a good hour, then i got home and took that baby out of the box and said WOW! Then i thought the sticky stuff that it was wrapped in was cool and stick it in my hair... that hurt to get out. I looked at the controller and said "wow more and more complicated with every system" I then put in halo and fell in love instantly. I did not get another controller for like 2 months And when i played multiplayer halo for the first time i knew the xbox was something special :D Xbox was soooo cool the first day i had it, i was all like w00t w00t.... haha see ya l8r folks :)

frog11983
05-02-2002, 09:53 PM
I woke up reeeeaal early on the 15th and drove up to the closest walmart to pick one up... I will never forget the fresh smell of the xbox, and the bittersweet first time I played Halo. Man was that pillar of autumn awsome! I couldn't concentrate at school at all that day!

Xtopia
05-02-2002, 09:58 PM
I got mine on X-Max! Man that was a long long long wait! Well anyway, I got it and then played Halo w/my bro till that night when we had grandparents over. It was a few days before I even tried any of my other games.:)

Calve
05-02-2002, 10:00 PM
Oh man!!

my cousin got his box on the 17
that day i slept over playing project gotham and dave mirra 2 all night!!
i got my xbox for christmas and christmas week i got like 10 hours of sleep!!!! i went crazy.......and the only game i had was dave mirra 2!!!!

Peace

Kooster
05-02-2002, 10:16 PM
I remember way back in November. I had preordered my Xbox at my local CompUSA in September. I called CompUSA on November 14th to make sure that I'd get my Xbox the next day, and they said I most likely wouldn't get it for three weeks! I was so MAD! I wasn't even excited at all that day, or November 15th, up until around 5 o'clock when I got a call and my Xbox was in! I was happy and screaming and running all over my house like a crazy maniac telling everyone my Xbox was in! But I was kind of mad at them for scaring me like that. Well, at least I got some sleep the night before not thinking I was getting my Xbox. I guess they just got a shipment in on the 15th. I got Halo along with my Xbox. I loved it the second I played it (except for the controls, which I changed.)

Young_Fledgling
05-02-2002, 10:20 PM
ahh all these stories bring back such great memories hehehe

Kortiz
05-02-2002, 10:31 PM
hmmm

well i had 300bucks for christmas

went to Bestbuy and they didnt have any on the shelves went to Circuit City and were sold out, the next day i say hey to my grandparents to go up to bestbuy or circuit city when they get a next batch in which would be like 3 days later, they went up the next day and got it for me, turns out bestbuy put all consoles in the back and got them out for people who were gonna buy because they were getting boosted, dun ask me how that happened but that was what they told my grandparents anyway i get home and i see a controller on my desk and i go what is this for? and they say we got you your xbox thing you wanted, and it only cost us 40 bucks

i was like NOOOOO this is only a controller and i immediately knew something was up cuz they were smiling and they do this to me all the time. so i go WHERE IS IT

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

they looked at each other and said i dunno grandma looked at the closet near them and i looked there and i go i know where it is and they are like oh ****** my grandpa started cussing at my grandma, ****** woman you ruined it, hehe i was sooo stoked, i got 2 controllers and they got me halo and put 2 year warranty to best buy, so they payed over 400bucks in all with extra controller and insurance and such and the game.

that was the happiest day i have had in a long while.....i played halo til like 2 am in the morning. and was late 30 mins for school the next morning.

man was i stoked.

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:09 PM
k..i didn't stand in line for 8 hours ( like i did for pso2) for xbox..i pre ordered the bundle, got it launch day, game home, played halo, then had to check my pants!!:eek:

RealityCheck
05-03-2002, 10:11 AM
I rented before I got one. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was all about. I rented PGR and NFLFever w/ it. Didn't know anything about Halo at the time or would have rented it. So needless to say I pretty much only played PGR. Invited a friend over he drove 45 min just to come play for a couple of hours. Never thought I would get one, my wife said she HATED video games b/c that's ALL here little brother does anymore. So I thought oh well at least I got to play one for 5 days that's better then nothing. Then come X-Mas everyone else in my family is opening presents left and right and I'm really not thinking about the fact that I have only opened like 2 things. Then as the last present is passed out and I think everything is done and I'm about to go see what everyone else ended up w/ my wife comes into the room w/ this HUGH box and I'm like who's is that, and she's like it's yours. I'm thinking what could this be, she didn't really go out and get me an XBox did she? I open it and I have the XBox and extra controller, Halo, PGR, DOA3, Oddworld which I returned for NHLHitz, I got all that from my wife. Then other members of my family started throwing me stuff to unwrap and I got StarWars Starfigher, Nascar Thunder, and a madcatz memory card. So I made out like a BANDIT at X-Mas and have been talking all my friends into buying an XBox too. As a matter of fact my friend that came over when I rented it just got his box back in March plus 2 guys in my Sunday School class have one so we now get together and have LAN parties about once a month or every two months. It's just great.

XBOX MSSC
05-03-2002, 10:12 AM
The munch demo at comp usa..Mmm GOOD:)

l Maximus l
05-03-2002, 11:33 AM
I pulled an all-nighter and camped outside of a local electronic retailer that most of you guys probably have never heard of. They only had 11 that were going to be in stock and I got there at 5:30pm on November 14th, the day before!!! Yes! I stayed in line for 13 1/2 hours because the store didn't open their doors until 7:00am.

As you can imagine, I was the first person in line :D Yes, I am crazy ;) But, a few other nutcases showed up only one hour after me! All of which were not together at all...just doing the same thing I was! So, they stayed in line for 12 1/2 hours. They thought I was crazy...but, all of us were :D

By the time 7:00am rolled around, there were only 11 of us in line because all of the other people left after they saw the sign in the window saying that they only had 11. If you snooze, you lose, I guess :D

The only thing that hugged ass is that I had to go to work immediately after camping all night! Yeah! No joke! I put in nine hours of work...of course, my head was bobbling up and down with the effort of trying to stay awake. Then, I had to drive 45 minutes in heavy traffic just to get home...I almost fell asleep at the wheel! No joke!! :eek:

When I got home, I put in PGR and only played it for 10 minutes. I figured that it would be better if I got the proper amount of rest in so I could truly enjoy the experience. I slept for 6 hours without budging a muscle! I probably was sucking my thumb in excitement as I slept knowing that I had my XBox :p

After I woke up, I played PGR for 4 hours and went to bed. I didn't get to Halo until the next day. I had a blast!!!!

Hugh_Jass
05-03-2002, 11:45 AM
I picked mine up one minute after midnight on launch-day in November.

I didn't pre-order.

I didn't stand in line.

I just walked up and bought one. Twenty minutes later I had it home and was playing Nascar Heat 2002.

GokuX
05-03-2002, 12:10 PM
My friend and I had no problems getting an Xbox. The controllers were a different matter however. Those fools were flying off the shelves along with the DVD kit. Well, it was about 12:00 am when we got finished getting our Xboxes, but we still wanted controllers. So first we stopped off for some Cokes (the official trip taking beverage of GokuX) and then we headed off to a city about 2 hours away. We had alot of fun on that trip. We had to go to like 2 different stores to get the controllers and DVD kit. We got back like at around 4:00 am some odd then set up shop, invited some more friends over and played for several hours into the early morning light. I was wasted when I woke up. It was worth it though.

Xtopia
05-03-2002, 12:12 PM
One more little story:

As I explained, I got my XBox for X-Mas. But I asked my parents for it in September! So I had a long wait. But what made it worse is that my dad kept on telling me he got me a GC. And I could not tell he was kidding. He told me they are cheaper and have better games. My dad is a HUGE prankster, so he had me beleiving that he got me a GC and not an XBox.
But, obviously, I got my XBox, an extra controller, Halo, PGR, NFL Fever, and Air Force Delta Storm. It was a very merry Christmas!:D :p :D

LynxFX
05-03-2002, 12:24 PM
I decided to get the Xbox 2 days after launch. I went from store to store to store until I found one a week later, a day before Thanksgiving Day.

First game I played was Amped, then on to DOA3. I didn't play Halo until I had the proper cable to hook up to my projector which came a week later.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Well i didnt have any problems when getting my XBOX, i didnt pre-oder and i didnt wait in line. The XBOX came out on the 15th of November and i walked in Gamestop on the 17th and simply said to the little nerd store worker "Where is it" he then replied "where's what", i began to ponder (1)whether to slap his ass with the PS2 game to my right (2)or clarify the question...i chose option 1, then he said "oh that, oh yea we've got one more left", i replied, "then stop delaying and pass me the black and green!"

Then the first game i picked up was NFL Fever 2002! i then proceded to walk to my car, take out my keys and drive home. And, didnt invite a soul, it was just me, my TV, and my BOX!.

Untill next time...:mad:

Xtopia
05-03-2002, 12:36 PM
LoL @ GRAVEDIGGER!

DrUnKtAnK
05-03-2002, 01:01 PM
November 16th. (t minus 4 hours till lauch)
I got lucky has hell. I first went to the local Walmart and they were setting up a line to wait for the truck full of xbox's. They thought they were going to be at the dock at midnight......so I got my brother in law go and wait starting at 7 p.m. (we were going to pull 1 hour shifts) We got lucky because Walmart was notified that the truck that was supposed to bring the first shipment was not going to make it until early afternoon on the 17th. The good thing was that my brother in law didn't have to wait any longer and we were guaranteed at least 1 when it arrived.....

November 17th.
So anyway I got up early in the morning and decided to see what was going on at the local Best Buy (the night before people were lined up at 5 in the afternoon, camping out unitl the store opened at 10 am the next day. I slipped in line and quickly found out the they handed out numbers to the first 50 people in line, of coarse they were all gone.......I did have some kid ask me if I wanted to buy in spot in line for $100.00....:rolleyes:

So i went to the local Circuit City and I was suprised, not a sole in the parking lot? I rubbed my eyes, parked the car, quickly ran up to the locked/gated entrance and waited for about 5 minutes (at this time it was about 9:30 am about 30 minutes till any of the electronic stores open). At this time I formed a line, and low and behold a guy with a Gamecube shirt came out and asked if I was here to get the "XBOX", I said " Oh yeah, have any left?" He said that the gave out numbered fliers earlier in the morning so people didn't have to wait in line....Anyway I got the 12 xbox out of a total of 14 for that store (it was a bundle, 2 controllers, Fever, and PGR). Racked up close to 1/2 g note on the ol' amex card, drove like a mad man home (scoring max kudos in every turn)...Wow what a morning. It was a great day in gaming history that I will never forget.
:)

l Maximus l
05-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Was anyone watching their back when they walked out to their car after purchasing an XBox? Just curious!

When I was walking back to my car, I had my XBox in the bear hug position while looking over my shoulder. Last thing I wanted to do is get mugged after waiting in line for 13 /12 grooling hours!!!!!! :D

Stiffy
05-03-2002, 01:07 PM
GREAT FRIGGIN' STORIES!

I'll make mine brief:

Got in line with a buddy at the mall at 7AM. This was cool becuase I actually met some people from TXB in line that I have chatted online with before.

Snatched my preordered Xbox...and check this...I GOT PGR FOR FREE! The employee at EB made a mistake and threw in the game on accident. So, I left with Halo, DOA, PGR, and Oddworld.

Plopped on the floor, and plopped in Halo at 8am...my wife took pictures of me opening my beloved system (I made sure to marrr somone who supported my habit!)

Then my wife left...FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND...nice.

At about noon, I rubbed my eyes, only to answer a knocking front door...it was my sister in law, surprising me with a box of Krispy Kremes just for me and my big day...GOTTA LOVE FAMILY.

Played more Halo till 6pm...couldn't give any other game a try I was so entrenched.

Ordered chinese food. Ate. Walked dog. Played Halo till 2 am.

Woke up, began playing other games at 7am. Yes, I took two days off from work.

Played LAN Halo Friday night with friends, and continued throughout entire weekend.

I'll never forget the Xbox launch!

DrUnKtAnK
05-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Not were I was, but they would of had to kill my dead in the parking lot to get my prize possession....or suffer a bag full of xbox to the side of there head:o

Slacker
05-03-2002, 01:54 PM
My first Time was a Week ago when I bought one, although I had been an xbox fan for Months, I was going to get a PS2 but compared all three and came to decide that Xbox was the best,and all this worry about Xbox failing is crap, one of the reasons I bought the Xbox was because it was MicroSoft I figured if Microsoft was coming into the Market , then Every other Console would die and go the way of Intelvision, Sony can't compete much longer with Microsoft,

Anyway, so I have a Huge 80's G.I.Joe collection that I am selling and I sold a bunch of stuff and Bought my Xbox, I don't work at a real job I sell Crap online, and take care of Elderly Family members so I have nothing to do But play video games The night before I didn't get enough sleep because I'm a Slacker and Don't wake up until around noon but got up at 7am that day, with only like two hours of sleep, bought it, came home 7 hours later and played THPS3 My only game right now and am having a Blast,

I can't wait for Project Ego, that looks awesome so does Morrowind,

Hails!

GRAVEDIGGER
05-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
LoL @ GRAVEDIGGER!

LoL...and for further clarification i really did slap that gimp with the PS2 game to my right(thats because i knew the ugly bastard, but rest assured, his ass did get jawed!..lol).

Untill next time...:mad:

Metal_Militia
05-03-2002, 02:21 PM
My friend's dad preordered 2 of em, one for my friend, one for his brother. (They have some sharing issues) My friend made a deal with his brother and sold his brother's to me, unopened. No fussing at the mall, no lines, nothing :cool: But I went about a week without a game, so after ripping a bunch of CDs for a week, I got my hands on Madden 2002, I nearly nutted myself. Halo came about a week later, I, once again, nearly nutted myself.

E-Xbox
05-03-2002, 02:22 PM
wow..this thread has the longest posts eva!
each post is huge..
except this one!~
heh

peace

Spaztic
05-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Didn't have to wait in any lines, got a call the night before to come and pick it up in the morning. Got my xbox hooked it up. Turned on nfl fever2002. changed pants, did a little jig...then called in work sick for a few more days! :rolleyes:

scrag45
05-03-2002, 04:51 PM
I was going to get one the day it came out, I was going to wait in line. But then my fiance had to get her wisdom teeth pulled which set us back, then my car blew up (not literally, just blew the head gasket, dam chevy trucks), then I broke my leg playing football. Needless to say it was a pretty *****ty couple of months, which left me with no money for my beloved xbox. I was hoping against all hope that I would get one for Christmas from somebody, but when that didn't happen I pretty much lost all hope. Then, I was sitting on my couch with my leg in my cast playing my N64 thinking about the cool new games that were coming out for xbox when my fiance comes home from the grocery store. She says she needs a little help, being the lazy a$$ that I am I told her my leg was broken but she made me help her anyway. So when I get to the car I saw some paper bags which was odd because we always get plastic and when I looked inside there it was in all of its glory! I got 4 controllers, halo, and PGR, needless to say I played the rest of that day and well into the night with one of my best friends. Man, I love my wife!!!

LINKINPARK8591
05-03-2002, 04:56 PM
me i got mine for christmas and well i was crasy about it i went to sleep early cuz i had things to do the next day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i played for hours with the first game i had which was max payne.........i now have halo, bloodwake, and wreckless
peace fellow addictssss

Xtopia
05-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Cool story scrag! If some girl gave me an XBox...I would merry her too!

ftyards
05-03-2002, 05:04 PM
I got my xbox in Jan. I did not get mine from a store I bought mine off ebay. I was searching the entire day then around 2:00 some one listed a xbox with 2 controllers and Halo brand new, that actually lived two minutes from my house with a buy it now price of $350. I called the guy lucky i left my money at home and he dropped it off over my house. I was glad I left the money because he was going out of town for 2 weeks, it was Friday.I was at work when I got home I played the game all weekend.

Xtopia
05-03-2002, 05:06 PM
You have good luck ftyards!

Off topic: What is up with your name? is it feet yards? I am just curious...

Snoopy7548
05-03-2002, 05:14 PM
i reserved mine, and i picked it up after school on the day it came out. man, all through school, i was so exicted. i couldnt wait for school to get out. i went down to babbages, and bought the system, an extra controller, halo, and doa3. then after i left the store, and i was in the car, i looked at my wallet and saw that i had like 60 bucks, and i was like: mom, can i buy another game? and she was like ok, so we drove down to toys r us (its right next to the mall), and i bought project gotham. i was so excited. when i got home, i opened the box and everything, it took me a while to set it up and clean everything up (that da*n styrophone always makes such a mess! i had to pick up like 50 pieces off of my rug, lol), anyway, i popped in halo, and i was amazed, then i put in doa3, and i was so amazed by the graphics, same with pgr. i called my mom over to see, and she was like, thats cool. lol, then i played pgr with my dad (he likes cars alot). i love my xbox. lol, then until like 9 at night, i was playing halo, but i had to quit cause i had a math test to study for. lol. :D :D

Laxeph
05-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Well, it was Xmas break and I was in Florida with my best friend. I had a lot of money from Xmas and I was gonna get an Xbox. But, there was a problem. It was Sunday and the Best Buy was closed. So we thought what the hell are we gonna do for a day. But, then out of blue we decided to call EB. They were open! We went there and bought the package. Halo allll night!!!

ftyards
05-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
You have good luck ftyards!

Off topic: What is up with your name? is it feet yards? I am just curious...
I usually use BLADE, but it is foot yards its just easy to remember, given the fact I am a construction management major I use it on a nice amount of stuff.

Snoopy7548
05-03-2002, 07:22 PM
and? and you saw crickets chirping!? lol, thats so cool:D

Snoopy7548
05-04-2002, 12:15 PM
oh, i saw a huge party, of little kids! lol:D

masterchief2064
05-04-2002, 03:34 PM
I got my xbox last friday april 26. My parents kept on saying it was to expensive and I asked it for christmas and i didnt get it , I was so upset, then i finally convinced my mom and we went to buy it, there were only like 4 left, I got my xbox and an extra controller, but they didnt have halo so I went to the best buy next to the mall and searched for halo, but didnt find it, then i saw a guy holding a box of halo and i was about to rip it off his hands but then i saw he had DoA3 and i looked at the DoA3 boxes and behind 1 I saw a copy of halo and grabbed it, I got the last one!! I got ready to pay for it, then i saw the guy who had the other copy put halo back and took DoA3 and I thought to myself, what an A$$hole!!:D I played all night with my friend, I bearly got any sleep

Dag78
05-04-2002, 04:52 PM
i reserved my Xbox at EB back in September, i wanted to get it and from all the storys i heard of the PS2 launch i preordered it. so all day on the 15th, i was so anxious to get home to go to the mall and pick it up. But when i got in the house went to my room to put up my stuff, but my mom went and picked it up. so i hurried set it up as quick as i can on my ghetto TV and popped in PGR, i was amazed, i played it until 12 when my parents told me to get to bed. then the next morning got up early and popped in Halo. even more amazed. had a friend come over after school and played co-op halo, it just keeps getting better. Then put on my own soundtrack, and blasted my way through THPS2x, as it being my favorite franchise till that day. best purchase ever!!!

y2kash_14
05-04-2002, 05:53 PM
ahh Nov. 15 the birthday of my Xbox, just ONE day after my birthday....... i always looked at Wal*Mart as an unrliable videogame source........they never had anything i wanted. Except.....that wonderful day, where they had ONE (yes ONE) Box left. As the clerk walked towards me with the XBox everything went into slow-mo and a glowing light surrounded the Xbox (cue the "laaaaaa")...... I already had NFL Fever and Halo at home waiting for me. And i tell you, that hour long drive home was the longest wait ever........But when i finally got home i popped in NFL Fever and i was in gaming heaven.......

P.S. I did the "bear-hug" technique too, Maximus!