PDA

View Full Version : Two May games that may become "Must haves"

Marc
05-02-2002, 11:13 PM
The games of which I speak are Morrowind and Hunter. These two games will be so addictive they could make someone flunk out of school or lose their job. Any thoughts on these two gems?

Bakeman
05-03-2002, 06:13 AM
Hunter?

Umm is that the one killing the zombies or something of the sort?

I have heard OF the game, just not much about it. From what I have seen it doesn't seem like it is gonna have a good replay value. Seems more like a weekend rental.

Is there more to the game that I don't know about yet?

I think I have to agree on Morrwind forsure :)

Xbox Owner
05-03-2002, 10:00 AM
they both look cool:)

Marc
05-03-2002, 01:37 PM
Hunter should be worth more than a weekend rental. What I'm basing this on is the multiplayer feature that will allow two people play together in the quest, but I may be wrong.

jspike
05-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Morrowind is going to be a great game everyone knows that. It's a must have for sure. The 1st , hopefully not last, of the xbox rpgs. It'll keep me happy until project ego comes out.

Hunter looks nice too. from screenshots i've seen the graphics look awesome. but unless i see a badass preview for it. i'll probally just end up renting it. the screens reminded me of a upgraded blood omen 2. and thank god i didnt buy that.

If you have a link to a cool hunter preview lemme know.

Vteck3000
05-04-2002, 12:28 AM
I think that HUNTER will be the game to get.
That game looks like it's gonna be a killer.
PS2 geeks will envy us having to play that beautiful game with such nice graphics and NO slow down.
Suckers :D

Alien
05-04-2002, 08:56 AM
I am most wanting to get Morrowind...looks like a great game to me.

boygerms
05-04-2002, 09:39 AM
as far as i see it there are three must have games in may: morrowind (without a doubt), hunter the reckoning, and the baseball game from the game company that cares, sega, in world series baseball

Tkf5000
05-04-2002, 10:31 AM
I want morrowind but im not sure about hunter. it looks really cool and all but its a lot like gauntlet and gauntlet gets boring and after u get so far u just get tired. this may be different but from what i heard there is only like 10 pick up items. ONly 4 charactes! they better have some unlockable ones.

Marc
05-05-2002, 02:32 AM
Yeah, the only four characters thing bites the big one, but whatcha gonna do?

Durden-XBA
05-06-2002, 02:05 AM
Hunter: The Reckoning
I figure that this is gonna be something to the effect of NextGen Smash TV... As for no replay value, I PROMISE I'll never tire of killing relentless hordes of Zombies. Ever. There a four characters all with unique endings, and this looks to be one of the most memorable 4-player games in YEARS. ntm, if ya pre-ordered, this baby comes with a copy of Night of the Living dead! Call this a gimmick if ya want, but I call it a sale!

World Series Baseball
I know, I know, it's not Morrowind, but I'm a HUGE sportshead... And there's no title I'm looking more forward to than Sega's latest. If anyone else out there is into hardball, I SERIOUSLY reccommend peeping this title. Hopefully they revert to their old batting system, and also I hope that they're telling the truth about this new franchise mode. Did I mention that this game will retain a whopping 25 slots for create-a-player(s)! *Drool*

Dilr0y
05-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Morrowind I look forward to, since it will be a RPG. Xbox really needs more. And I cannot wait until Project Ego comes out.

Tkf5000
05-06-2002, 02:29 PM
we need rpgs and we are finally getting one,morrowind that looks reall really good (fact:morrowind has more mushroom types than most games have weapons) but project ego is still being worked on, it doesnt even have a real name yet. metal dungeon and a lot of other games we havent heard much of yet.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Sorry, but I really think Morrowind & Hunter: The Reconing look like crap. There are a lot more better looking games coming out, just check out my wanted list below.

Tkf5000
05-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Sorry, but I really think Morrowind & Hunter: The Reconing look like crap. There are a lot more better looking games coming out, just check out my wanted list below.
boo rpg hater! i agree with you on hunter but how could u not want morrowind? rpgs are advancing, u got xbox u should be the first to play them b4 ps2 starts making wanna-be project ego/
morrowind games.

SkoalMint
05-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Morrowind is definitely a must-have for me. I'm planning on taking the rest of the week off from work when I get it. Hopefully I will get a good enough fix and won't have to lose my job.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

boo rpg hater! i agree with you on hunter but how could u not want morrowind? rpgs are advancing, u got xbox u should be the first to play them b4 ps2 starts making wanna-be project ego/
morrowind games.

That game looks like *****. I'm not forward either of them, but if I had a choice of which one looks like a better game, I would say Hunter.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Oh........Project Ego looks like crap too. Sorry, just my not my type of game.

studepaber
05-07-2002, 10:28 AM

That game looks like *****. I'm not forward either of them

hrrmmm if that's what you believe then cook me up a ***** burger and serve it to me on a silver platter cause I'll take that kind of ***** anyday.

BTW what do you not consider ***** if you think these two games are gonna bomb?

personally I think these games look phenominal and will most likely consume most of my social life.

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by studepaber

hrrmmm if that's what you believe then cook me up a ***** burger and serve it to me on a silver platter cause I'll take that kind of ***** anyday.

BTW what do you not consider ***** if you think these two games are gonna bomb?

personally I think these games look phenominal and will most likely consume most of my social life.

Ya ok buddy. These games I betcha will last about one month at the most and then will be forgotten. You just wait and see.:cool:

Tkf5000
05-07-2002, 03:08 PM
yea i understand.

Unreal
05-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Marc
The games of which I speak are Morrowind and Hunter. These two games will be so addictive they could make someone flunk out of school or lose their job. Any thoughts on these two gems?
I would like to say that I would add WSB2K3 to that list as well. As far as Hunter: The Reckoning goes. That game is going to be really good. It has 4 player co-op, destroyable areas, great spells, lighting, and gameplay. Morrowind just got delayed by a week and now its releasing the same time as the other 2 games in my post. So if you have lots of money thats 3 games being released on the 21st of this month :eek:

EHWfedPres
05-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Morrowind will have more replay value than every final fantasy game and every crap @$$ linear rpg-wannabe's with midgets and huge swords...or in other words...your typical PoS2 "rpg".

Anyway, Hunter will be a fun game it looks like...

But HOW on Earth can anyone play a Baseball video game? You hit a ball, and then run. You can only run in one direction, so not much fun there. Then stand around for a few minutes and repeat the process. BORING. Baseball is just organized Monkey In The Middle...with about 2-3 seconds of action followed by 5 minutes of peopl standing and waving their hands around...2-3 more seconds of action, then 5 more minutes of standing around, a commercial, 5 more minutes...How can people watch that and not fall asleep? Was baseball invented for insomniacs or something?

Shadow20002
05-07-2002, 05:59 PM
What i think is Morrowind is a must-have for all fans of rpg games. In this game, you can configure everything you want ( class of characters, weapons, costumes and more). By the way, Hunter is cool too. A survivor-horror that include 4 playables characters with unique abilities to destroy the hordes of undeads. I gonna buy one of the two games available in this month. Because i want to finish one by one.

Phatboy
05-07-2002, 08:10 PM
I think rpg's are ok. i play them with the utmost attention, but then i get sleepy. i have azurik, i like the game, really, but after a while it gets real hard, and tiring. my friend loves it. he says he likes it better than ffx, no joke... i think i should get an award for getting a ps2 fanboy to pawn his ps2, and buying an xbox... maybe 2 extra cotrollers *cough cough*

anyway, i was just wondering if there are going to be any real good rts on the xbox. i love strategy. do you think its possible for blizzard to make war3 on the xbox? whats funny, blizzard was supposed to release war3 a long time ago for the pc...and well, its not out yet...if anyone knows, gimme a reply or something.

zfBRAT
05-07-2002, 11:42 PM
I'm excited about Morrowind, because I'm an rpg fanatic :)
http://www.geocities.com/jewels_51/boop/bb2.gif

AcidJazz
05-08-2002, 05:29 AM
to be simple:
My ONLY May game is Hunter.
The rest is *****.

TheGeezer
05-08-2002, 09:29 AM
****, on a release list Ive seen the UK aint seeing Morrowind till August 30th! Wouldnt surprise me if that slips further too :o(

Liquid Gears
05-08-2002, 11:45 AM
The only reason I think Hunter: The Reconing looks good is because you can destroy and kill things in it. That's what I like to do in my type of video games.:cool:

zfBRAT
05-08-2002, 02:59 PM
That sounds like plenty of fun to me. I'll take that along with Morrowind :)
http://www.pairadicetattoos.com/images/logo_pair-a-dice_small_animate.gif

Tkf5000
05-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Morrowind will have more replay value than every final fantasy game and every crap @$$ linear rpg-wannabe's with midgets and huge swords...or in other words...your typical PoS2 "rpg".

Anyway, Hunter will be a fun game it looks like...

But HOW on Earth can anyone play a Baseball video game? You hit a ball, and then run. You can only run in one direction, so not much fun there. Then stand around for a few minutes and repeat the process. BORING. Baseball is just organized Monkey In The Middle...with about 2-3 seconds of action followed by 5 minutes of peopl standing and waving their hands around...2-3 more seconds of action, then 5 more minutes of standing around, a commercial, 5 more minutes...How can people watch that and not fall asleep? Was baseball invented for insomniacs or something?
i can see someone playing baseball for real but for a video game the games are BORING. if u want to play a sports video game get a football game or a soccer game or something. i would like to see a xbox lacrosse game but i doubt that will happen.

No Fear 23
05-08-2002, 05:06 PM
The only reason I think Hunter: The Reconing looks good is because you can destroy and kill things in it. That's what I like to do in my type of video games.:cool:

i agree. im gonna get this game this month.

i am also not a fan of rpg, sorry rpg fans. dont hate me for that, i just cant stand that stuff.

Tkf5000
05-08-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by irule23

i agree. im gonna get this game this month.

i am also not a fan of rpg, sorry rpg fans. dont hate me for that, i just cant stand that stuff.
i understand, most people dont like rpgs unless they start playing them when they first get into video games. either that or people think they are boring. i hate to say it but some rpg games are really boring, i wont lie about that.

h2ok9gbh
05-08-2002, 11:53 PM
I'm probally wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that you might be able to find hidden characters in Hunter.

4 players on the same screen sounds really fun to me.

D-Dubbs
05-09-2002, 05:00 PM
If I remember correctly. I think a preview i read said the game will allow up to all 4 players in co-op mode. If this is true, i think it would be worth the buy for that alone. What do ya think?

Tkf5000
05-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Yea hunter sounds cool but will people get tired of the same characters and not wanna play the game more times? If there is a lot of unlockable characters (bot like 1 or 2) that differ a lot then the replay value will be fun. the thing i dont like is it doesnt have BOTs so if u dont have a lot of people, well the game wont be too good.