PDA

View Full Version : Splashdown...

Marc
05-02-2002, 11:14 PM
Anyone looking forward to Splashdown? It looks like fun, but is just a PS2 port. Anyone planning on buying it?

Bakeman
05-03-2002, 01:20 AM
I think it could be a fun weekend rental

DaRk BLaDE
05-04-2002, 11:54 AM
i would rent it , but not buy it

GRAVEDIGGER
05-04-2002, 05:40 PM
I'd buy it for the sake of having a game with water...i mean yea Halo has water, but i need some kinda game with great water physics and water racing. So yea, i'd get it, and it also looks like fun.

Untill next time...:mad:

Unreal
05-07-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Marc
Anyone looking forward to Splashdown? It looks like fun, but is just a PS2 port. Anyone planning on buying it?
Its not just a PS2 port. Splash Down only recently made it through MS's approval process after adding the unigue Xbox features - OXM page 65.

The Xbox version of the game gets 2 new circuits, rebuilt water effects etc. With the PS2 version getting good reviews that means us Xbox owners will be getting a solid game to begin with with great added features. So yes, I will be picking this game up when it comes out.

TheGeezer
05-16-2002, 05:57 AM
I thought it was OK on the PS2.... so hopefully with the xbox improvements it'll be very good rather than just OKish

RadRider
05-16-2002, 03:29 PM
The graphics far outclassed Waverace I thought, except supposedly there wasn't any realistic wave movement. So hopefully they add in wave movement. Other than that, I think it'd be a good rental. Waverace was a huge waste of money on the N64, so I don't think any waverace game would be worth buying, but like I said; it'll probably be a good rental.

Marc
05-18-2002, 01:48 AM
I was wrong about it being a PS2 port. They reworked the whole thing and added a couple of new levels, as Unreal stated. That makes me want to buy it just on the principle that they worked hard to make it better for xbox owners. More developers should follow that example.