PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2003 online play...

Marc
05-03-2002, 12:26 AM
I've heard that Madden 2003 will not be utilizing the online play feature. This is a horrendous error on their part. I am a die hard Madden fan. I think it's the absolute best football game there is. However, if it is not going to have online play, I may just have to buy Sega NFL 2K3. I don't think Sega's game is better. I think Madden is just a little bit better in the area of gameplay. I will switch over to Sega to get online play though. Fever isn't an option because it's a joke.

spliffdUP
05-03-2002, 04:29 AM
I hope they improve fevers gameplay cause I want the next football game i get to be online. Also Madden 2003 probably wont improve much on 2002 cause its already a great game, while fever will probably improve some of the things people didnt like about it.

Bakeman
05-03-2002, 06:20 AM
I thought all the 2002 football games were a joke....

I didn't really give the xbox madden a chance, only played it for 10 minutes, it sure did look better then the PS2 though.

I'm a big football fan and had Madden 2002 and NFL 2k2 on the PS2 (I didn't even have a PS2, my friend had a PS2 hehe)

But it wasn't worth getting any of the 2002 football games on the xbox.

I'm really hoping one of the 2003's are worthy.. and if Madden doesn't have online play, that would be yet another HUGE F'up on EA's part.

EA keeps making more angry with them. Madden 2001 came out and I bought it for my PC and I thought it was pretty good. Then it came on the PS2 and the PC version SUCKED compared to the PS2 version. THEN the 2002 came out.. the PC version was like the the 2001 PS2 version.. and the PS2 version of 2002 blew away the PC... That made me very angry with EA.

And NBA LIve 2001 was way better on PC.. then they just stopped making LIve for PC that really blew my mind!

So EA doesn't have a place in my heart, I've actually been debating if I'll even rent Madden 2003 and give it a chance..

But it seems to succeed in 2003 games they are gonna need online play ....

h2ok9gbh
05-08-2002, 02:57 AM
I've always been a Madden fan.

If I could change one thing, it would be to allow a defensive player to pull back the view and check out the receivers.

As it stands now, If the person your playing doesn't check out his receivers, your screwed.
If he has 3 receivers lined up on one side and you have called a zone. You don't know that your cornerback is out there covering no one.

Madden should take notes from 2K2

Bakeman
05-08-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by h2ok9gbh
I've always been a Madden fan.

If I could change one thing, it would be to allow a defensive player to pull back the view and check out the receivers.

As it stands now, If the person your playing doesn't check out his receivers, your screwed.
If he has 3 receivers lined up on one side and you have called a zone. You don't know that your cornerback is out there covering no one.

Madden should take notes from 2K2

I've always liked parts of both games... NFL 2k* and Madden

If they could just combine the best of both worlds :)

wrongo
05-15-2002, 05:26 PM
I use to love madden but i outgrown it and now i like nfl2k2. I play it online with my dreamcast my name on there is wrongo. I look forward to play nfl2k3 on the xbox. farewell madden. :(