PDA

View Full Version : Burn Out

Kaunteya
05-03-2002, 11:36 AM
What do you guys think of Burn Out?

I think it's pretty cool, i think it's a better game then Project Gotham Racing....

Who bought the game?

P-Rock
05-05-2002, 07:32 PM
I rented the game, it was ok. I think it was kind of trying to copy Driver and Wreckless. Still, its entertaining and a fun game to play with friends.

wulff
05-07-2002, 09:18 PM
It's lame and frustrating.
only worthy of a pre-owned buy.IMO.

h2ok9gbh
05-08-2002, 02:07 AM
I rented this game.
Although I had a blast playing it, I don't think I would buy it at this time. I would buy it used or as a greatest hits.
After reading several reviews that promised spectacular crash and damage effects, I was a little disapointed. I thought Wreckless had better damage effects.

D-Dubbs
05-09-2002, 02:18 PM
I did buy it, I am happy with it. It's one of those good old fashioned racing games. I think it is a cross maybe between GT and SF Rush I guess. Yes, the damage and wrecks could be a little better, but the impacts are good. I don't think it can be compared to Wreckless, the only thing that compares to that game is a toilet. I have only briefly played Project gotham, and it looks pretty good. But I have to say Burn out will be the one I put in to play sometimes after all the others have lost there "mojo"

Dilr0y
05-10-2002, 02:50 AM
I didn't play it, but I watched someone play it, on a Gamecube. It looks okay.. the animations when you crash your car are pretty nifty, but that's all I noticed. Then, on the other hand, I only watched for a few minutes.

Soulflystoffel
05-14-2002, 03:47 PM
It's pretty enjoyable. Not as good as PGR but still worth buying.

Huckleberry
05-23-2002, 05:24 PM
as the official speeder of the xba, let me say that the interstate racing sections of this game are the most realistic rendering of what it's like to drive 100+ on the freeway. there's no blind rush of something, no abrupt or unpredictable 3 lane changes by the ai traffic...just sweet weaving through said traffic, reading it and hauling @$$!

on the other hand, when it comes to anything regarding the slowing of your vehicle, the physics are all wrong. anything other than polite braking locks up the wheels and if you're not exactly straight, there's a serious skid awaiting. now, i understand that a lot of cars will do that IF you panic stop, but that's not the type of braking i'm trying to...just speed scrubbing. it's not natural feeling at all.

i don't have a steering wheel for my xbox, but from what i can tell, the motion physics feel pretty good. i've glanced off a wall that accurately sent me back across the lanes...it all feels predictable like a real car does (at least a GOOD real car).

i've only played it for about an hour so far, but it's brought more smiles to my face, due to relating to the way i drive, than anything else i've ever played. i love rallisport, and i've always considered the gran turismo series to be the most accurate driving game, but this might be the most fun i've had with one.