PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2 at E3 for Xbox!

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Acording to the Official Xbox Mag UK, they have spoken to Konami and found out that Metal Gear Solid for Xbox will not be a combo of 1 and 2 like many reports sugested, but Metal Gear Solid 2. And it will be at E3 in some form. Expect the Xbox version to have many exclusive features to it but we will have to wait till the show to find out exactly what they are!

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Konami announced MGSX's develope way before the Xbox ever came out, so this game had better be revealed at E3 after all these months of hype and rumors.
Im in a nervous reck over this.:eek:

E-Xbox
05-03-2002, 02:19 PM
once again...
its proven that....ps2 titles..may be only on ps2 now..
but will most likely come to xbox..with improvements
where as ps2..could not handle n e xbox exclusives...

peace

Snoopy7548
05-03-2002, 03:59 PM
this is good news, but it brings up a good point my friend told me, at the time, i thought he sounded stupid, but now, i see what he meant. he said that yea, the xbox is getting some of the ps2's really good games, but they come out much later on the xbox. i mean, mgs2 has been on the ps2 for a while now, and like everyone has probly forgotten about it or doesnt even really care anymore, kinda like its old news. same with gta3. im as happy for that game to come to the xbox as everyone here, but its also been on the ps2 for a really long time, and when it came out, i was so exicted that it would come to the xbox, but now, i just really dont care that much.:confused: :eek: :D

l Maximus l
05-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Honestly, I don't think MGSX has been hyped up all that much...not nearly as much as GTA3. I've never had the priveledge to play MGS2, but, I'm looking forward to it coming out for the XBox in the form of MGSX :)

Metal_Militia
05-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Is it true that MGSX will have an alternate ending? From what I've heard, Konami got rushed and had to push the game out earlier than they wanted to. For the Xbox version, there could be a chance to see the original/new ending.

silvertrace
05-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Metal_Militia
Is it true that MGSX will have an alternate ending? From what I've heard, Konami got rushed and had to push the game out earlier than they wanted to. For the Xbox version, there could be a chance to see the original/new ending.

welcome to xba dude:)

also i'd like to add that ports are just another way for these companies to make more money.....it may seem like they are helping us out, but there are actually just tryin to get paid.........

releasing the "same" game months later with a few added features doesn't get me all tingly inside.........i'd rather have more xbox exclusives.......:eek:

Metal_Militia
05-03-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Anyways, I don't really get a boner over new features either, but a shiny brand new ending would be pretty nice :)

FuNkY mOnK
05-03-2002, 07:11 PM
I played through quite a bit of this game, and I enjoyed it very much, the game play is strategic and stealthy, no guns a blazing in this one. Solid snake on xbox? what will the ps2 community do. My god! what a slap in the teeth. But anyway, unless we hear it from Konami themselves don’t wet your pants, not yet at least.

DZNUTZ
05-03-2002, 07:15 PM
don't u mean raiden funky monk?

GokuX
05-03-2002, 07:18 PM
I would hope that they redo the texturing to take advantage of the X's larger amount of VRAM.

FuNkY mOnK
05-03-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
don't u mean raiden funky monk?
what do you mean raiden? do you mean by playing his role almost instantly?

Snoopy7548
05-03-2002, 07:24 PM
isnt raiden like the guy u play as during the whole gmae? i heard something like that, i think its pretty freakin retarted:D

FuNkY mOnK
05-03-2002, 07:27 PM
That’s when I sort off lost interest, I am sorry I didn’t finish it before I sold my ps2 though. maybe I’ll continue on the xbox if all goes well.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
this is good news, but it brings up a good point my friend told me, at the time, i thought he sounded stupid, but now, i see what he meant. he said that yea, the xbox is getting some of the ps2's really good games, but they come out much later on the xbox. i mean, mgs2 has been on the ps2 for a while now, and like everyone has probly forgotten about it or doesnt even really care anymore, kinda like its old news. same with gta3. im as happy for that game to come to the xbox as everyone here, but its also been on the ps2 for a really long time, and when it came out, i was so exicted that it would come to the xbox, but now, i just really dont care that much.:confused: :eek: :D
what we need to realize is that sony and nintendo are two companies which have proven thier names all over the world!microsoft however is new in this field but they do have the best console ever made!the games which come much later on xbox are alt least twice as better as thier ps2 counterparts!so what we all should do is give ms a chance to establish themselves!i truly see that in the future ms will be on top of everybody!!!

E-Xbox
05-03-2002, 08:58 PM
snoopy...congrats on 2000

peace

y2kash_14
05-04-2002, 12:20 AM
I recently finished my....i mean my friends(yeah friends') MGS2, and i must say it was one of my greatest gaming experiences of my gaming life. It had just a big an impact on me as Halo. Although i favor the Xbox i have to say MGS2 is one of the greatest games of all time. So i am really excited for MGSX.