PDA

View Full Version : UK Xbox price cut

the_last_resort
05-03-2002, 05:11 PM
now like alot of people in the UK i bought my xbox on release, i was horrified when the dropped the price
that was until i heard about the compensation for those eager gamers like myself.
So like many people i ran to xbox.com to get the form to fill in to claim my games and low behold there they are
the dumbest selection of games they could give
like 90% of people who hve an xbox have halo, infact the games i might be forced to get are 'Fusion Frenzy' and NBA Inside drive 2002.
Now these games arent too bad, but where are the offers for good games like Jet Set Radio?!?!?
I want my free games, but i want good free games ******

Now my request to you, obviously theres rumours of changing the list but i want to know if anyone knows of any updated form or the like which is coming out sometime
PLEASE, i need good games, dont let me be stuck with 'Azurik' and 'Bloodwake'
There must be some english gamers who know what is happening

a desperate gamer

faceoff508
05-03-2002, 05:22 PM
get DOA3

CodeMonkey
05-03-2002, 05:22 PM
That is the final list, and it was changed on the 26th of April,
And the reason for them games is because they all belong to Microsoft.

Steve1987
05-03-2002, 06:08 PM
I very much doubt that the list will change again, i sent my form in on Tuesday, i chose Rallisport, and Oddworld. I know the list doesn't have a great choice to chose from, but at least Microsoft are giving us something. Just chose 2 games out of the 10 and be happy!!
:cool:

Halo of Flies
05-03-2002, 06:10 PM
If there's no games you want then get the two most popular (Halo and probably Rallisport) and trade them in at your local game store. Places like Gamestation give you just a little less than they sell them for and if they're still wrapped....

You could probably get two games of your choice for about a tenner. :)

Fixxer
05-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Too much whining... I paid $500, where's my 2 games and a controller????

smack119
05-03-2002, 08:36 PM
d amn straight, i bought it here on launch.... and i dont get even 1 free game. so shut up, its a free game dont complain. if you dont want any of them i have an idea, just go on living your life and pretend that they never made the offer. i bet if someone said hey you want a free honda civic you would say "why cant i have a ferrari?"

Plewis
05-03-2002, 08:49 PM
understandable problem... but it sounds like Rallisport DOA3 and Oddworld are on that list. Just get 2 of them. Be happy with what you get. Us in America dont get 2 free games with our xbox or a drastic price drop so dont go all whiny about it

*Plewis asks if he wants cheese with that whine* ;)

Highlite23
05-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies
If there's no games you want then get the two most popular (Halo and probably Rallisport) and trade them in at your local game store. Places like Gamestation give you just a little less than they sell them for and if they're still wrapped....

You could probably get two games of your choice for about a tenner. :)

Great advice Halo.:D