PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Launch Titles Might Be Upgradable! *confirmed*

Maxthndr
09-28-2001, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying this is confirmed, as it is by Mike Salmon, Editor in Chief of the Official X-Box magazine. But wut I can tell you is that when asked about whether or not launch titles will have online play, he had the following to say:

"The little bit that I do know about the Xbox online strategy I can't really tell you at this point (mechanized vehicles of destruction have their eyes on me). However I can tell you this. When MS goes online it will be in a big way and yes games that are releases at launch can be "upgraded" to include internet play. The reason this can happen is because of the hard-drive. Essentially a game maker could sell an add-on pack (hopefully with a reduced price) which would enable anything they program into it - from extra levels to online play. It is all completely possible technically - the only consideration to whether it will happen is financial. And if they can get consumers to spend 15-25 on a significant addition then it is completely possible to make money as well."

So, this brings light to a lot of cool possibilities, including online play in launch titles (yes, Halo and DOA3 included), as well as new characters, vehicles, stages, and options. Can't wait til these games come out. Preordering is heaven!

sinizuh
09-28-2001, 08:58 PM
HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU ALL!!! XD!!!11

anyways... i saw that earlier today (i signed up for the forum, and i'm still waiting for my email :\ )

this is a step closer to pc games... with games with add-ons.

oh well, its all good! HALO WILL BE ONLINE!

Aaron
09-28-2001, 09:10 PM
interesting...................... but they shouldnt charge for their **** ups....

Dan Livingston
09-28-2001, 09:16 PM
It's "confirmed" it "might" be upgradable? those two go so well together

sinizuh
09-29-2001, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
interesting...................... but they shouldnt charge for their **** ups....

they didn't **** up... they just were against the clock, and online multiplayer was at the bottom of the list... **** bastards! i shake my fist that they put it at then bottom of the list!!! *shake shake*

i'd pay no more than $19.99 for the add-on.

sinizuh
09-29-2001, 12:18 AM
Halo update!!11 new picture!

http://www.planetxbox.com/halo/images/news/cortana_update_092801.jpg

*orgasm*

... but wtf is it?

cvking
09-29-2001, 12:18 AM
yeah paying fro online after you buy a game is wack!

Hawaiian c
09-29-2001, 01:48 AM
i think its too pay net cuzz on my bill its fcc user fee is .04 pluse my extera ip $9.95 maybe there making them pay for using them?

lol will it be scary if billgates using xbox for his sat's net work :( :(
hehe:D :D :D :rolleyes:
oh yah nice pict whos the babe lol

Aaron
09-29-2001, 02:38 AM
uhhhhhhhhhh im out of this conversation lol

Rancey
09-29-2001, 08:13 AM
That is because you were so ignorant and you had a go at everybody when they would say something like "Is it possible for launch games to become online later?"

Xboxmaster2001
09-29-2001, 12:15 PM
I was right as well ill beat all your asses in halo and DOA 3

cvking
09-29-2001, 12:49 PM
you won't beat anyone!, i challenge you to a match in NFL FEVER

Aaron
09-29-2001, 02:28 PM
rancey, your role, know it. your mouth, shut it.

cvking
09-29-2001, 03:03 PM
Rancey wat happended?? you were cool w/ funionz now your against him like all these guys

cvking
09-29-2001, 09:08 PM
what's your point on being here??, we love xbox just like you