PDA

View Full Version : If Microsoft doesn't show _____ at E3....

AlBoogy
05-03-2002, 06:51 PM
I was just wondering what would really get you upset at Microsoft if they didn't do or show something you expected them to have. Personally, they would have to do (or not do) a few things for me to be truly dissapointed.

1. They show nothing or have no details about their online plans. Or if we have to wait till saaaay December or next year for it.

2. If they have no real surprises. Example, last year I expected alot of new game announcments that weren't mentioned before. But the show came along and there really was nothing except maybe for an announcment of Dino Crisis 3 being exclusive. They revealed to much before the show and left nothing as a surprise. I'm truly expecting alot of surprises this time around. What kind of surprises? I have no idea. But if there aren't any, like last year, I will be dissapointed.

And 3. This is really more of a closure thing then anything else. I just want to know if MGSX or GTA3,4 or whatever are in the mix. Cause if it isn't announced, I think it''s safe to say they aren't coming.

Well, I just had that on the mind and thought I would share it. Just interested in seeing what everyone else thought.

GokuX
05-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Halo 1.5 not showing up might be a downer.

AlBoogy
05-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Halo 1.5 not showing up might be a downer.

Didn't Bungie already state that they weren't going to make a 1.5? But when they do go back to halo it will be halo 2

Azazel
05-03-2002, 06:59 PM
I have faith. Microsoft knows what they are doing. I certainly dont know for certain, but you can bet Microsoft will go in with their guns blazing at E3 beacuse they need to give the people who havent purchased an xbox a good reason to do so.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Didn't Bungie already state that they weren't going to make a 1.5? But when they do go back to halo it will be halo 2

Yea, i thought so too, cause i think it would suck to have a HALO 1.5 rather than a sequel.

Untill next time...:mad:

GokuX
05-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Oops my bad. I'm so uninformed these days it isn't funny.

AlBoogy
05-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ty818
I have faith. Microsoft knows what they are doing. I certainly dont know for certain, but you can bet Microsoft will go in with their guns blazing at E3 beacuse they need to give the people who havent purchased an xbox a good reason to do so.

Honestly, I don't know how important E3 is for sales. Think about it. Only hardcore gamers really know what E3 is all about. Ask someone on the street that owns say 1 or no systems. They would have no idea what E3 is. The casual gamer doesn't go to the internet for information on videogames nor chat about it. Unfortuantely the console biz is controlled by the casual gamer. If it was controlled by the hardcore gamer, XBox would be doing much better in sales (not to say that it isn't doing well, but you know what I mean)

l Maximus l
05-03-2002, 07:10 PM
One thing is for sure, Microsoft knows how to run a show. They are notorius for showing up for expositions like this and taking home the gold medal.

Microsoft may not be the best company when it comes to television advertising, but, when it comes to important expos like E3, you can gaurantee that they will have everyone's mouths dropping to the floor by the time they skoot out of there!!

However, *if* they didn't say anything about Unreal Championship and the details about XBox Live, I would definately be disappointed. But, I am positive that it will not happen...it's inevitable :)

AlBoogy
05-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

However, *if* they didn't say anything about Unreal Championship and the details about XBox Live, I would definately be disappointed. But, I am positive that it will not happen...it's inevitable :)

That's why I put it as it being my #1 dissapointment. I am banking that online titles and info. will be the core of their show. Especially Unreal Championship. That has to be my #1 anticipated game for this year.

Snoopy7548
05-03-2002, 07:18 PM
if they dont show or say anything about kabuki warriors 2, i would be VERY disappointed. i dont know what i would do:D

GokuX
05-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
if they dont show or say anything about kabuki warriors 2, i would be VERY disappointed. i dont know what i would do:D

LOL you're so right.

Snoopy7548
05-03-2002, 07:20 PM
yea, ive been anticipating that game for a while now, the first one was so radical! lol:D

masterchief2064
05-04-2002, 06:19 PM
When is E3 going to be????

And I hope they say something about the online plans and new games that we r not sure if they'll b out for xbox like gta3

egg
05-04-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Honestly, I don't know how important E3 is for sales. Think about it. Only hardcore gamers really know what E3 is all about. Ask someone on the street that owns say 1 or no systems. They would have no idea what E3 is. The casual gamer doesn't go to the internet for information on videogames nor chat about it. Unfortuantely the console biz is controlled by the casual gamer. If it was controlled by the hardcore gamer, XBox would be doing much better in sales (not to say that it isn't doing well, but you know what I mean)

You are correct in what you say...but you have to remember.. Its more for the people in the industry and to get them excited about the future of your favorite console......The more they like it.. the more they will develop for it!!! and the more fun you will have with it!!

PLay on!!!!

CyberBOMB
05-04-2002, 09:19 PM
here's mine

1. if they say they cant rollout Xbox Live until after August (Ps2's target date for online. Its absolutely essential for Microsoft to beat Ps2 online. If they go in early and everyone see's it, then pointing to the Ps2 would dissapoint.

2. If the targeted price for Xbox Live is more than $10 a month. Come on guys this country isnt so good right now, even in houston where we lost Enron, Kmart and others.

3. If they fail to show off GTA3 (or whatever) or if its just the same as PS2, if they were smart they would make it online cuz you have game of the year yet again.

4. If Metal Gear Solid X is just like the PS2 with the you are not you, you are not a video game, wierd ass i just smoked a bunch of drugs and wrote the ending to a game (which obviously happened to the ps2 version)

Xbox Owner
05-04-2002, 09:28 PM
god, i just cant imagine wat e3 will be like..i mean its gona be huge!!

anyway i hope they have halo 2 and gta3

AlBoogy
05-05-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
here's mine

1. if they say they cant rollout Xbox Live until after August (Ps2's target date for online. Its absolutely essential for Microsoft to beat Ps2 online. If they go in early and everyone see's it, then pointing to the Ps2 would dissapoint.

2. If the targeted price for Xbox Live is more than $10 a month. Come on guys this country isnt so good right now, even in houston where we lost Enron, Kmart and others.

3. If they fail to show off GTA3 (or whatever) or if its just the same as PS2, if they were smart they would make it online cuz you have game of the year yet again.

4. If Metal Gear Solid X is just like the PS2 with the you are not you, you are not a video game, wierd ass i just smoked a bunch of drugs and wrote the ending to a game (which obviously happened to the ps2 version)

It looks like you just might be dissapointed come E3 time. All those things could very well happen. Rumor has it that online will launch in August and for 14.95. I hope not but thats the rumor. As far as GTA and MGS are concerned, they might not even be coming at all. I hope youre excited about other stuff that Microsoft is bringing out cause they have alot more to offer then just mgsx and gta3.

FuNkY mOnK
05-05-2002, 09:36 AM
They have to come out like their ***** don’t stink, balls out arrogance take no prisoners and if it aint xbox it aint ***** attitude. stop with the feeble press and get on with it already. That’s my opinion.