PDA

View Full Version : where are the games... ?

aussieXnewbie
05-03-2002, 09:44 PM
I am sitting here in Australia, crying into my Fosters... (seriously if I drank that stuff I'd hardly be here, or own an Xbox...) about the complete utter lack of games....

I have Halo, Amped, PGR and RSC....

but, what next... June or later will we see more games.... and they don't look to promising.... (begining to doubt the whole console gaming idea again!)

could get JSRF or Simpon's or (EEK) Wreckless..... but.. prolly only JSRF is worthy..

have played the crap out of THPS3 on PS2 already... and PC

so that leaves me with some games that are not exactly cutting edge or exciting.. DOA3 leaves a bit to be desired.. if I wanted Arcade, I go there......

I rant I rave.... I forgot to save... start over....

kornavs19
05-03-2002, 09:49 PM
im startn to feel the same way. I like X-Box but damb we need some games.. Im in a game drought.... WE need games n we need em fast. They havent had a big hit in a while

aussieXnewbie
05-03-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm not dissin (heh) the 'box... it's just exactely as you say.. e3 won't make much difference, cause those games will be a year away...... too long...

I want something good now...
I mean, if ppl that know the Australian scene.. www.xbox.com.au will fill you in..... have any suggestions...

gula
05-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by aussieXnewbie
I'm not dissin (heh) the 'box... it's just exactely as you say.. e3 won't make much difference, cause those games will be a year away...... too long...

I want something good now...
I mean, if ppl that know the Australian scene.. www.xbox.com.au will fill you in..... have any suggestions...
*scans your other posts*

*notice all you did was bash*

*walks away* :rolleyes:

gula
05-03-2002, 10:01 PM
But, I will add the list of games out for us North American Xboxers out in May. (from ebgames.com)

MotoGP - Decent

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter - Decent

Smashing Drive - Decent

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - EXCELLENT

MLB SlugFest 20-03 - Makers of NFL Blitz, NHL Hitz, and Red Card Soccer, how better can baseball get when you have developers like this?

RedCard Soccer 20-03 - Makers of NFL Blitz, NHL Hitz, and MLB SlugFest, how better can soccer get when you have developers like this?

SEGA World Series Baseball - Exclusive Sega Sports baseball game, will continue on the legend.

Hunter: The Reckoning - EXCELLENT game.

Legends Of Wrestling - Decent, will be nice to play as the Legion of Doom again. :D

Toast
05-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Dont worry. The elder scrolls 3 will be here in two weeks.
This game, if you see everything there is to see, is 200 hours plus, but if you play again and again, wich you will, it adds up to alot of ours.
Not to mention you will never experience the same story(game) twice.

aussieXnewbie
05-03-2002, 10:16 PM
thanks for posting, even though you believe me to be a basher of the box...

Think I'll get JSRF or gulp Wreckless.

BORNGD
05-03-2002, 11:34 PM
this must be a dumb question, but i will ask it anyways...American games wont work on the Ausie xbox? why is that?

BCan
05-04-2002, 12:06 AM
Pretty simple answer - XBOX's are split into two types - PAL and NTSC. These are the TV standards that exist across the world for the consumer - PAL has a higher res 768 x 512 @ 25.6 FPS, NTSC has 640 x 480 @ 30 FPS. If you buy an American game, it will be coded to be displayed in NTSC, so wont play on your PAL XBOX, and vice versa.

Fixxer
05-04-2002, 01:07 AM
I thought Wreckless was pretty decent. Its a tad on the short side tho.

l Maximus l
05-04-2002, 04:18 AM
The XBox does what the PS2 and GC don't. Take this into consideration:

- 4 controller ports
- Hard-drive for game saves
- Hard-drive for ripping your personal CD collection to listen to while playing your games
- System Link capable
- On-line ready via broadband
- Games that include "Xbox Xtras" of major PS2 hits

And a whole slew of other things.

Yes, I realize you are talking about games, but, if you are crying about Halo, PGR, Amped, and RSC not being enough and you just got your system, then, that's pretty pathetic. Sorry to say.

Try playing Halo on-line...that will occupy you for months! It's sweeeeet!!!!!!! (and it's free :D)

aussieXnewbie
05-04-2002, 06:17 AM
I'm more crying about having to wait an eternity for games like GT2002 and the likes...
I know everyone does....
it's just a shame that the machine comes out with 4 good games on it..

gula
05-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by aussieXnewbie
I'm more crying about having to wait an eternity for games like GT2002 and the likes...
I know everyone does....
it's just a shame that the machine comes out with 4 good games on it..

And what does GameCube have?
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Resident Evil
Super Monkey Ball
Soccer Slam

And I still am going to buy a GameCube. Why? Because its about the games that will be released in the future. Sure there are a few good games right now, but just imagine the future games of GameCube and Xbox.

aussieXnewbie
05-05-2002, 12:18 AM
true, just that I have owned all sorts of machines from day dot.. The Saturn, DC and PS1 are the biggest examples... and I am getting a bit tired of the lack of support.. partially the hardware, partially the software ppls fault...

I have a cpl of mates that are working on something for the PS2 ATM.. and it will prolly not be released until next year.. the PS3 could be out by then (in Dev-kit form at least)

I'll get a Cube... in fact, I wen't through the same dilemma when I was trying to decide if I got the Cube or Box first.....

Box won because of Amped PGR and RSC...

other thing is, I am waiting for PGR and RSC as my "reward" games, so I have them, but not yet....

I think I will give Wreckless a go... just that it is a holiday here tomorrow, so won't know till tuesday...

Genesis
05-05-2002, 12:44 AM
Sorry but i have to agree with aussiexnewbie, compared to america, australia has a minor selection of xbox titles at the moment. I only have munch and DOA3 (both great games i might add) and the only other ones i plan to get are halo, genma onimusha, JSRF and rallisport from the current aussie titles. If you take away halo and rallisport which i'm getting with the freebie offer, that leaves two titles to get. And I haven't seen a pal release date for silent hill 2 either, that was half the reason i bought a damn xbox! I had the same problem with my DC, had a very very small selection of titles to choose from.

On the other hand, i was talking to an xbox representative in the stores the other day and he calimed there would be another 20 or so titles out by june and another 50+ or something by the end of the year (i can't remember exactly what he said) but in short he said there would be no shortage of aussie xbox titles. So i guess you can't get a much more reliable source than that... Hoping to see SH2 in those soon-to-be released titles too. Seems i been waiting for ever.:mad:

Cheers,

aussieXnewbie
05-05-2002, 01:09 AM
have many ppl played JSRF that aren't young ppl
like older than 21 here ?

how would it go for the kind of fun you get from say THPS3... I mean will it give about 2 mths of fun or what ?

felix_fabulous
05-05-2002, 07:11 AM
The list of games available in Australia is nothing short of pathetic, the goons at Microsoft said that there were to be 60 games out by june. I have Halo and THPS3, I don't like JSRF I finished Wreckless in a couple of hours, Rallisport I'm getting as a freebie but as the rest of the list of free games sucks a$$ it's pretty hard to make a decision, I mean which is the least worst on that list? I guess I'll just order a game and use it as a coaster. The worst bit is I have money for games and I really want to buy something, I'm ready to hand over the cash I just need something worth buying. I hope this doesn't go on too long. lack of games is what killed the N64 here. even at the end of the systems life people were still chuckling about the lack of games, even though this had been rectified, the damage was done and that was how people saw the system.

smack119
05-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by gula

And what does GameCube have?
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Resident Evil
Super Monkey Ball
Soccer Slam

And I still am going to buy a GameCube. Why? Because its about the games that will be released in the future. Sure there are a few good games right now, but just imagine the future games of GameCube and Xbox.

yeah soon your gamecube will have:
Super Smash Brothers 3
Resident evil 2
Super monkey ball 2
and Soccer Slam 2

Xbox Owner
05-05-2002, 09:58 AM
I do kinda agree.......:(

OZXboxAddict
05-05-2002, 08:18 PM
The Xbox 'launch' in Australia is the best launch we have ever had for a console

With Launch titles like Wreckless, Halo, Amped, Rallisport, Tony Hawk 3, PGR, Oddworld, Payne, JSRF, Genma & DOA3.

What did PS2 release with, what will the Cube release with, we are at the beginning of the development cycle and as that progresses so will the quality and quantity of games. I think its a credit to the console that they covered an array of genres with quality games at release.

It has only been about a month and half since the console released, I guess the more you get the more you expect and some people will never be happy but with over 70 titles be out by the end of the year here I am one happy chappy.
:)

Although Xbox live won't be out here until well into next year :eek: