PDA

View Full Version : XBox Live Video!

SnOoPy
05-04-2002, 03:50 AM
XBox Live is gonna be so hot, this is a video concept on what to expect when XBox goes live this fall. Let see Sony beat that :D

http://xboxmaniak.com/?page=video2&nbr=7

l Maximus l
05-04-2002, 03:57 AM
hehe...I've seen that before...it's pretty sweet :)

Aussie_18
05-04-2002, 04:03 AM
That is some of the most amazing stuff I have ever seen!!! This Xbox Live is gonna be awsome even if it does cost 20 bucks a month!! I just hope us aussie PAL gamers will be able to verse you NTSC peoples :cool:

faceoff508
05-04-2002, 09:00 AM
hehheheheheeee

wweomaniac
05-04-2002, 10:01 AM
Ahhh why doesnt it work for me?!?!?!

CyberBOMB
05-04-2002, 10:35 AM
jesus thats cool. man thats more than i thought it would be now i can kick major butt online against my buddy. and the good part about xbox online play vs computer online play. no cheating

Young_Fledgling
05-04-2002, 10:40 AM
NICE! that is funny and cool at the same time! I cannot wait for internet play now! it looks like you could have some fun! but what is that stuff on the cell phones? how does that work?

DIGITAL
05-04-2002, 11:51 AM
i cant wait to talk to you guys when xbox goes online we should have our own xba squad!that video is exactly what i thought xbox online would be like

Young_Fledgling
05-04-2002, 12:44 PM
hahah we could have xba at start of name...

like xba-wardpr68

CyberBOMB
05-04-2002, 12:46 PM
one thing that bugs me is the lack of a mouse. a mouse is the only thing right now that is fast and precise. that little stick just wont get there in time. i found myself frustrated with James Bond using the stick.

Young_Fledgling
05-04-2002, 12:55 PM
pass halo using that "little stick" and u will not complain... u get very used to it... i often want to hook up my xbox controller to my pc but cannot.

Liquid Gears
05-04-2002, 06:33 PM
What the hell is this Live or whatever?

Young_Fledgling
05-04-2002, 06:38 PM
i do not know for sure but i think live is the name of the network or product microsoft is using for xbox owners to play games online.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Very interesting video man, its also pretty funny, never seen it before.

Untill next time...:mad:

Crazy Joe
05-04-2002, 07:56 PM
man, that video is awesome, online gaming on Xbox is going to be super sweeeeet!! I cannot wait to kick some hardcore ass on Xbox Live.

Are those real upcoming Xbox titles that were played in the video? or were they just mock ups? anybody know?

CyberBOMB
05-04-2002, 09:10 PM
i just played xbox connector for the first time and that baby was smooth, if Xbox Live (xbox gaming network) is way better than this then count me in. I figure $10 a month is fair. $15 or more is pushing it cuz i mean the economy isnt so hot right now.

gtaplayer
05-06-2002, 07:01 AM
i dont know that video was lokin kinda sweet...wat football game wasthat? and what fighting game is that? man this thing is gonna be so fricken awesome im in school and ijust watched it...ima watch it again...only if there were some sound :(

xbaaddict
05-06-2002, 07:30 AM
Hey guys it isn't working for me....could someone tell me what happens?

l Maximus l
05-06-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by xbaaddict
Hey guys it isn't working for me....could someone tell me what happens?

I would try later, it may be being viewed by a lot of people. I would try again during an off-peak hour or so.

But, basically, the video is basically of a regular dude, like many of us, that is playing on XBox Live and illustrating what it will be like. Basically, it shows him playing a fighting game that has never been seen otherwise (and it looks sweet!)...he's playing against other competitors while talking through the XBoxcommunicator...talking trash and you can hear the dubbed voices (his voice sounded low and mean sounding probably because his character looks like a beast).

It also showed them playing a football game on-line and getting several people together from different locations joining up and forming an entire football team. It showed examples from people located in different countries to the dude in the next dorm room all playing the same game at the same time! Very cool stuff :D

It also showed how you can challenge certain opponents that have a higher ranking and stuff. It looks pretty organized and sophisticated :D

Definately check it out when you can! :)

chili325
05-06-2002, 02:15 PM
Man, that is gunna be the $hit! Im so pshyced

Crazy Joe
05-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
i dont know that video was lokin kinda sweet...wat football game wasthat? and what fighting game is that? man this thing is gonna be so fricken awesome im in school and ijust watched it...ima watch it again...only if there were some sound :(

i was wondering the same thing, are those real games, or just fake ones they used for the video.

btw, GTAplayer, i viewed it and it worked with sound perfectly

xbaaddict
05-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I would try later, it may be being viewed by a lot of people. I would try again during an off-peak hour or so.

But, basically, the video is basically of a regular dude, like many of us, that is playing on XBox Live and illustrating what it will be like. Basically, it shows him playing a fighting game that has never been seen otherwise (and it looks sweet!)...he's playing against other competitors while talking through the XBoxcommunicator...talking trash and you can hear the dubbed voices (his voice sounded low and mean sounding probably because his character looks like a beast).

It also showed them playing a football game on-line and getting several people together from different locations joining up and forming an entire football team. It showed examples from people located in different countries to the dude in the next dorm room all playing the same game at the same time! Very cool stuff :D

It also showed how you can challenge certain opponents that have a higher ranking and stuff. It looks pretty organized and sophisticated :D

Definately check it out when you can! :)

Thanks a lot maximus.

Casper
05-08-2002, 09:05 AM
The video rocked. Can't wait to play URT online....especially now that I have cable. I may have a pretty good advantage when I bring the Box to work, using my dual- T1's:) ...but we'll see when it finally happens!

Plewis
05-08-2002, 09:29 AM
So when exactly is this gonna come out... and Im guessing that we dont get the cell phone thingy? I cant wait to tear my buddies apart at Halo EVERY DAY!

dave_m123
05-08-2002, 10:02 AM
My big wish is that NTSC and PAL gamers can play together and its not seperated into regions as that would limit playing oppurtunities

JJaX
05-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
So when exactly is this gonna come out... and Im guessing that we dont get the cell phone thingy? I cant wait to tear my buddies apart at Halo EVERY DAY!

i dont think you will be playing halo via Xboxlive unless Bungie releases a upgrade of some sort.

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 11:05 AM
I think Halo 2 will be allowed to be played on-line, unless Bungie does something extremely amazing and offers an XBox Live booster disc or something. That would be sweet! One would imagine they would atleast consider it now that Halo has smashed the 1 Million mark :)

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Hey, did you all notice that the mouths moved on the characters in the games when people spoke through their XBox Communicator? I wonder if that will be incorporated into these games... Personally, I find it difficult for them to pull this off successfully

sinizuh
05-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Counter-Strike (a very low tech pc game) has voice com and the model's mouths move when the player speaks... so i don't see why a high tect xbox game can't do it... sure it won't be exactly, the mouth will just open & close...

when i first saw the video, i thought it was cool... now that i think back, it was cheesey! lol

LynxFX
05-08-2002, 11:24 AM
This was the concept video that they showed last year. I think they exagerated alittle on what the communicator is going to be capable of but it is really cool on what they are going to attempt. Hopefully they get it right and game designers take full advantage of it.

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
Counter-Strike (a very low tech pc game) has voice com and the model's mouths move when the player speaks... so i don't see why a high tect xbox game can't do it... sure it won't be exactly, the mouth will just open & close...

when i first saw the video, i thought it was cool... now that i think back, it was cheesey! lol

Yeah, I felt the same way after I watched the video again...I thought it was cheesy, too! :D But, it's still cool as it gives us a glimpse of what is to come. I think the main reason that it was kinda cheesy is because the dude that they chose to base the video on is kind of a dork :D

JohnB
05-08-2002, 12:42 PM
lol... ahhaahha that guy is funny... he needs to find himself to XBA and join us....