PDA

View Full Version : Am I paranoid over nothing? Please help, guys

XboXtremist
05-04-2002, 04:22 AM
Well I'll make this short of you. I may be imagining things, but lately I feel that when playing Halo, there seems to be more in-game slowdown and loading. I know it's NORMAL for the game to pause for like half a second as it loads on the fly, and then goes right back to normal speed. But sometimes I notice it does that little load "hiccup" even when it DOES NOT say "Now Loading" during the game. Again, its a very small thing, just those tiny "hiccups", it doesn't happen out of control, but something tells me they are more numerous than when I played a month or two ago.

Is something wrong with my Halo??? Or, could this be a sign of something wrong with my Xbox? The only thing I could say would funk up my Xbox is dust, but come on... everybody gets dust... GAH!!! I feel so paranoid. Help

Thanks.

l Maximus l
05-04-2002, 04:27 AM
Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to cover your XBox when you're not using it. Personally, I would clean your XBox...just get some compressed air and blow dust out of it and then try it again and see what happens. :)

Nato King
05-04-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to cover your XBox when you're not using it. Personally, I would clean your XBox...just get some compressed air and blow dust out of it and then try it again and see what happens. :)

Like Maximus said I always cover my Xbox when I don't use it but I need to get some compressed air and get the dust out of it. I really need to start cleaning my xbox like that.:)

Spike Minoda
05-04-2002, 09:06 AM
mine is at my dad's house in a custom drawer. perfect fit for my 3 controllers, ecksbocks and my cables! no dust, and it smells like pine!

but because it is 38 (& 1/13) miles away, i have not been able to play it since april 4. no xbox for a month!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! :( i am about to cry...:confused:

but as soon as next weekend, i will be on the internet halo again!!

ecksbocks haha

Spike Minoda
05-04-2002, 09:08 AM
but, no my halo does that too... just melee a dead elite 50 times and walk by to see what happens.... (it slows down considerably)

Snoopy7548
05-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by XboXtremist
Well I'll make this short of you. I may be imagining things, but lately I feel that when playing Halo, there seems to be more in-game slowdown and loading. I know it's NORMAL for the game to pause for like half a second as it loads on the fly, and then goes right back to normal speed. But sometimes I notice it does that little load "hiccup" even when it DOES NOT say "Now Loading" during the game. Again, its a very small thing, just those tiny "hiccups", it doesn't happen out of control, but something tells me they are more numerous than when I played a month or two ago.

lol, dude, calm down, its completely normal. that little hiccup, is the level loading. it does that all the time to me too, it just does that right after it says now loading or even when it doesnt say now loading. its kinda like the hiccup is there instead of a loading screen:D