PDA

View Full Version : wtf? XBOX cracked?????

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-04-2002, 07:55 PM
Worlds first Xbox ISO files released to the internet - will the next step be an Xbox Mod Chip?

23 XBox ISO files have been released to the internet by an illegal release and cracker group called "Project X" today. Regarding the info files they have attached to the 23 releases, the games work on developer Xboxes only, but not on standard Xbox consoles:

"We tested this game on a developer XBOX, and it works. Since there is no mod chip yet, we have no idea if this release will work on retail XBOXes when/if a mod comes out. However, now that there is a release, a modchip developer will be inclined to get our releases to work, so we think a future mod will work with this release."

Scene sites such as PS2-news.org have added Xbox releases to their "inventory", so it seems further files are expected to be available in the internet soon.

Where this all leads to, in example if somebody will develop a Mod Chip to play backup or import games, and what Microsoft's reaction will be is still unknown.

To stay informed of any add-on developments, please feel free to subscribe to our free Xbox Backup & Import Product Alert by clicking here.

The release of files of this kind could also give the Xbox developing and hacking scene a push forward - developments such as Xbox DivX and VCD player could be available soon.

<a href="http://www.xboxevolved.com/news/archives/00000304.php">Source</a>

faceoff508
05-04-2002, 07:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

2k2freak23
05-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Testing XBA Testing XBA :eek: :( :o

Young_Fledgling
05-04-2002, 07:59 PM
this all just ****es me off... cheap b@$t@rd$ can't buy their own games... pshh i hope they all end up in jail.

faceoff508
05-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
this all just ****es me off... cheap b@$t@rd$ can't buy their own games... pshh i hope they all end up in jail.

Yeah I AGREEE

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
<big><b><u><h1><strong>AMEN!!!</big></b></u></h1></strong>

LynxFX
05-04-2002, 08:09 PM
How many threads of this do we need? :mad:

Anyway, of course it was going to get cracked. If you program it, no matter what it is, it WILL be cracked. How do you think encryption technology progresses? If anything this is good for Microsoft since now they know what they have to work on. If I was them I would hire these people like most anti-virus people do with virus creators.

Overall this is nothing that people should be getting their britches in a bunch about.

Steve1987
05-04-2002, 08:13 PM
I don't want any Back-ups of Xbox games being made, and i would never buy a back-up of a xbox game. But the idea of being able to play divx films on my xbox is very cool! :cool:

Crazy Joe
05-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
How many threads of this do we need? :mad:

Anyway, of course it was going to get cracked. If you program it, no matter what it is, it WILL be cracked. How do you think encryption technology progresses? If anything this is good for Microsoft since now they know what they have to work on. If I was them I would hire these people like most anti-virus people do with virus creators.

I think it is stupid for companies to hire hackers that have hacked into their systems, yes, they are obviously computer savvy and capable of whatever job they may get, but all this does is encourage people to hack, and that isn't good for the company.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-04-2002, 08:35 PM
100 % agreed!

LynxFX
05-04-2002, 09:57 PM
I disagree 100%. If it wasn't for these 'hackers' we would all still be using 4bit encryption and nothing would be safe. Most places do hire hackers anyway before they release a product to see if it has any holes. This is common practice and I'm sure MS did the same with the Xbox. If you think hacking is just a bad thing then you have been watching too many movies.

Most of the time products that get hacked are just out of curiousity and with a "Can it be done" attitude. The more a company brings out the "Uncrackable System" attitude the more hackers will want to crack it. Standard reverse psychology. Work with the enemy not against them. That is the computer way, otherwise you will always get burned because if you program it, it can and will be hacked.

Twisted J
05-04-2002, 10:04 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
venomiza hasnt hit this thread yet with his threats to report pirates to microsoft. AND NO PERIODS!!!!!
btw, anyone diss my ~'s and the twisted one will get midevil on your hiney.

Young_Fledgling
05-04-2002, 10:17 PM
twisted j... please stay on topic... by going off topic that venomeza or whatever his name is just comes in here and lets loose his bull crap... so just don't leave a gap for him to do so... i really hate when threads go off topic...

Twisted J
05-04-2002, 10:20 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry, i have a tendancey to do that.
i have mixed feelings about the xbox being cracked, i have respect for the developers and thier job, but i dont feel sorry if some millionare doesnt make 50 bucks off something that cost him 12 bucks to make.
until nextime, im going to wounder how GRAVEDIGGER gets his slogan to stay on top of the line.

smack119
05-04-2002, 10:56 PM
twisted j, you do realize that if nobody pays for games, then companies wont make game right?? they arent going to waste money to sell 1 copy and have it burned 10000 times. and just to let you know bill gates isnt the one that loses money. it is true on some games, but only 1st party games. all the others cause the developer to lose money.

no profit from games cause the developer to go out of business. then you have no new games. which makes your console useless

modifiedbears
05-04-2002, 11:52 PM
this kinda **** killed the dreamcast. if you don't want a game enough to buy it then don't bother with it. dvd burners aren't cheap enough yet for this to be a big problem and most people don't wanna mod a $300 box. we are safe for now

VeNoMiZA
05-04-2002, 11:56 PM
well guess what ward im here hahaha you throwing too much stuff on me u startin to **** me off alot anywayz that is a dumb thing to do to hire hackers to work on these companies hope the bootleggers get arrested and BTW i tried reporting a site and it worked now the site is down :)

silvertrace
05-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
well guess what ward im here hahaha you throwing too much stuff on me u startin to **** me off alot anywayz that is a dumb thing to do to hire hackers to work on these companies hope the bootleggers get arrested and BTW i tried reporting a site and it worked now the site is down :)

**silvertrace slaps this stupid mofo and calls his mom to pick him up, we dont want him anymore.... ;)

stop ruining every thread.........its chit like this thats gonna bring this situation to a HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats from Pulp Fiction BTW

**silver farts and runs away......... **

darianX
05-05-2002, 02:19 AM
I'd like to know where these folks are getting the DVD-9 burners to burn the ISO to. It just isn't gonna happen. The Xbox won't recognize most common CD-Rs and I'm sure it isn't going to mistake a CDR for a DVD-9. Let's not worry so much :)

Snoopy7548
05-05-2002, 01:26 PM
theres nothing to worry about. piracy will not kill the xbox, piracy didnt kill the playstation, and it was the most pirated console in history. the ps2 is pirated also, and its far from dead. and do u think microsoft will lose all of their money by people pirating xbox games? NO! they are the richest company in the world. a ton of people pirate microsoft's software, and nothing has happened to the company. stop making such a big deal over nothing

Whisper
05-05-2002, 01:45 PM
You see this is what will kill all consoles, its why new ones come out... but it is true about companies hiring hackers... to test, and to fix in some cases... look at the movie "Anti-Trust" i love the movie... i also love Rachel Leigh Cook but thats a different story:)

Young_Fledgling
05-05-2002, 01:49 PM
ya i don't think too many people are gonna wanna open up their at least 300$ xbox and put a chip in ... imagine if u did it wrong.. that is a hell of a lot of money. I think it will not start up till at least after the summer... so we are safe for a while at LEAST.

Afro Aura
05-05-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
theres nothing to worry about. piracy will not kill the xbox, piracy didnt kill the playstation, and it was the most pirated console in history. the ps2 is pirated also, and its far from dead. and do u think microsoft will lose all of their money by people pirating xbox games? NO! they are the richest company in the world. a ton of people pirate microsoft's software, and nothing has happened to the company. stop making such a big deal over nothing
You say that Microsoft doesn't worry about software, well maybe the cost of the software for those machine is because of the piracy

Sure the PSX was the most pirated machine ever but it had a user base of over 50 million and I'm sure they cost almost nothing to make, so Sony are happy with the piracy as more piracy more machines sold to increase the already large user base.
Now with the user base from the PSX went straight to the PS2 as it could play pirated games and of course the machine was then pirated so loads of of PS2s were sold at a price of £299.99 as it had a user base of over 28 million.

Now over here in the UK the machine has just reduce the price of the PS2 recently from £299.99 to £199.99 so I don't think this machine didn't cost that much to make and the extra £100 was just a bonus to Sony at the time

The XBOX has just arrived on the scene and has no real user base at the moment so piracy will kill a machine that could do so much, which would pi$$ me off as I know this XBOX is the most powerful machine at this time and with so much power just think of what sort of games could be made on this machine!!!

LynxFX
05-05-2002, 11:58 PM
Until DVD recording becomes the norm and not just part of a niche market piracy on the Xbox has nothing to worry about.

When the PSX got cracked CDR's had already penetrated the market and were on a huge rise. DVD-R is no where near that level but it will be eventually but I don't see it in this year or even the next because there are competing technologies in the works that will distract most buyers.

smack119
05-06-2002, 01:53 AM
the video was a fake. go the the thread called "Some Of U Might Like This And Some May Not!!!!!!!!" it lists out all of the ways to see that something is up and the video is a fake

smack119
05-06-2002, 01:55 AM
here is what the other thread says originally posted by xbox dude

ok guys it's fake i took this off teamxbox

#1 The scribble frame between Xbox Logo and BloodWake logo (someones changing the channel)
#2 When he ejects the game it says channel3, THEN goes to the Xbox logo, THEN the console (biggest give away is right there... when you use tvmode's on a tvmode it goes TVinput1, TVinput2, Antenna/Cable input. So DVDRW Xbox was TVInput1, bloodwake was input2, and they had to pass over Cable input before they got back to input1. The xbox continues to send a Signal to the Television when it is on, even when ejecting, so there is 0% reason it should say Ch3)
to top THAT off when he switches back to input1 it hasnt registered that hes ejected it yet so it still has the XBox logo before it goes back to the console

so their ya go this may have been posted earlier if so sorry

LynxFX
05-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Fake or not it will still happen and when it does...again....we will have these insane threads all over again.

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I disagree 100%. If it wasn't for these 'hackers' we would all still be using 4bit encryption and nothing would be safe. Most places do hire hackers anyway before they release a product to see if it has any holes. This is common practice and I'm sure MS did the same with the Xbox. If you think hacking is just a bad thing then you have been watching too many movies.

Most of the time products that get hacked are just out of curiousity and with a "Can it be done" attitude. The more a company brings out the "Uncrackable System" attitude the more hackers will want to crack it. Standard reverse psychology. Work with the enemy not against them. That is the computer way, otherwise you will always get burned because if you program it, it can and will be hacked.
If you're not online, you can't be hacked :)

cornflake
05-06-2002, 05:55 AM
http://www.cornflake2.netfirms.com/xbox.jpg

I DID NOT MAKE THIS SCREEN SHOT

dougi3000
05-06-2002, 08:37 AM
xbox has yet to be cracked.
since these things only run on dev kits, which are not retail xboxes.

retail games do not run in dev kits, and dev kits games do not run in retail xboxes.

Dev kits run unsigned code (no protection), while retail xboxes only run signed code (protected).

Dev kits dont check media, while retail xboxes do (unlocking codes, and security sectors)

each xbox uses its own unique unlocking codes for every game and is different for all games. No one knows how these keys are hashed yet since the bios is highly encrypted.

if xboxes are modded to be "dev kits" they will not be able to run retail games.