PDA

View Full Version : GunValkyrie question

wheatus-frog-uk
05-05-2002, 09:19 AM
Hi,

Gunvalkyrie looks so cool i have pre-ordered it. cant wait for it - esp. since i played the demo.

well neway, i have read that there are 4 playable characters:

Kelly -lvl 1
Kelly -lvl 2
Kelly -lvl 3
Sab

I know u start the game with Kelly-lvl1 and Sab, and that you get Kelly -lvl 2 by getting so far in the game and get kelly-lvl3 by getting all the halley cores.. so i know how to get all the chracters and who they are... BUT...once say i unlock kelly-lvl2, does this mean that then i can no longer use kelly-lvl1

like on the character select screen thing, can i pick between sab, kelly1 and kelly 2... once i get kelly 2... or am i then stuck with just kelly2 and sab

if you cant understand this then i will try and make it clearer

thanks

dan

wheatus-frog-uk
05-06-2002, 08:34 AM
c'mon, someone must be able to help!

please !!!

thanks

dan

darianX
05-06-2002, 08:38 AM
Yes, you can play level 1 Kelly when you have level 2 or 3. But once you get the enhanced suit on level 2, you won't want to play 1 anymore :cool: Have fun with it, learn those controls!

wheatus-frog-uk
05-06-2002, 09:19 AM
thanks!
this game looks so awesome... i cant wait until it comes out (coz i live in the UK, and it aint out just yet)

thanks

dan

Ninja Scroll
05-06-2002, 10:05 AM
Im sorry dude but I own GUNVALKYRIE and I must say this game is a big disappointment bro.
It's just a platform jumping shooter that is very off balanced.
You may want to rethink your purchase plans for this game.
Just my opinion.
Any questions about this title, just ask.:)

Nato King
05-06-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Im sorry dude but I own GUNVALKYRIE and I must say this game is a big disappointment bro.
It's just a platform jumping shooter that is very off balanced.
You may want to rethink your purchase plans for this game.
Just my opinion.
Any questions about this title, just ask.:)

I would have to agree with Ninja Scroll this game was very disappointing. I rented it last night and I just could not get into the game. I think that was a waste of money.:)

wheatus-frog-uk
05-06-2002, 11:55 AM
Is it really that bad????

I played the demo and thought it was GREAT. but well i dunno if it gets tedious or boring later on. I really liked it coz it was like silent bomber off of the PSX. And that game was so cool!

Another thing: Can u complete this game easy? and does it have ne reply value?

i have heard it can be completed in about 6-8 hours if you try hard enough, and once its completed there really is nothing to do other than get Kelly level 3, and once u get kelly level 3 it makes the game so easy it aint worth bothering..

well neway, thanks

dan

l Maximus l
05-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by wheatus-frog-uk
Is it really that bad????

I played the demo and thought it was GREAT. but well i dunno if it gets tedious or boring later on. I really liked it coz it was like silent bomber off of the PSX. And that game was so cool!

Another thing: Can u complete this game easy? and does it have ne reply value?

i have heard it can be completed in about 6-8 hours if you try hard enough, and once its completed there really is nothing to do other than get Kelly level 3, and once u get kelly level 3 it makes the game so easy it aint worth bothering..

well neway, thanks

dan

I haven't played it, but, if you really liked what you saw, I would just go ahead and buy it. The main issues I have heard of why people don't like it is the gameplay...I hear that the controls are pretty tough...but, once you get them down, I hear the game is pretty good. It appears that you were able to jump right in and play while enjoying yourself! That's what it's all about! Enjoying the game and having fun! So, go for it, dude :)

FuNkY mOnK
05-06-2002, 12:50 PM
here's a review on this game (http://www.xboxweb.com/reviews/xbox/gunvalkyrie.html)

SkoalMint
05-06-2002, 01:24 PM
I played the demo and thought it was GREAT.

If you really liked what you saw from the demo, I'd say that you might like the game. Personally, I didn't like what I saw from the demo. My opinion is similar to Ninja's in that it was very unbalanced.

BTW - if it's only 6-8 hours, why not just rent it?

Afro Aura
05-06-2002, 08:22 PM
thanks!
this game looks so awesome... i cant wait until it comes out (coz i live in the UK, and it aint out just yet)

thanks

dan
This game is awesome mate I've got an import XBOX and I think this is hardcore bug destroying brilliant, I have to say sure the controls are a bit hard but when you've mastered the controls for this game, which by the looks of things you have it's brilliant, the levels after the Valley will astound you mate they're so gorgeous you'll be traviling around looking at all the splendor and feel you've made the right choice in buying the XBOX

Have fun when you get it mate:)

Ukyo
05-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

This game is awesome mate I've got an import XBOX and I think this is hardcore bug destroying brilliant, I have to say sure the controls are a bit hard but when you've mastered the controls for this game, which by the looks of things you have it's brilliant, the levels after the Valley will astound you mate they're so gorgeous you'll be traviling around looking at all the splendor and feel you've made the right choice in buying the XBOX

Have fun when you get it mate:)
Agreed. With Gunvalkyrie, either you really like it or you really don't. If you played the demo and liked it, then you will love the full game. I believe it warrants a purchase.
Vast levels, huge bosses...The game might be relatively short, but it has enough charm to warrant playing though again. I've gone through the campaign four times. Great fun.