PDA

View Full Version : Sony Exec talks Xbox.......Nice Read

xbox-dynasty
05-05-2002, 07:55 PM
Nice read about this arrogant POS......And people thought MS was arrogant....God I hope MS buries them!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/736320.asp?0si=-

Does not seem he views Xbox as a threat...

:p

XBOX Dude
05-05-2002, 08:10 PM
i'm gonna love it when their online plan blows up in his godamn face, micrsoft is gonna slap then with hundred dollar bills till theirs nothin left

monkeyman
05-05-2002, 08:15 PM
hehe i like the 100 dollar bill idea

Xbox Owner
05-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
i'm gonna love it when their online plan blows up in his godamn face, micrsoft is gonna slap then with hundred dollar bills till theirs nothin left

haha

JohnB
05-05-2002, 10:19 PM
Wow I haven't seen Microsoft as arrogant as that bastard right there.

LynxFX
05-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Yeah that is a pretty pathetic interview. Funny how it is on MSNBC as in Microsoft NBC. :D

Of course you know the old saying, when you start to feel the heat, start slinging mud. It's the Sony way. I would love to see Xbox and GC kick the crap out of the PS2.

darianX
05-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Heh...he sounds really, really arrogant. I liked how the writer tried to play down his tone - BZZZT!! We already got his tone. I particularly liked what he said when confronted with the fact that no console add-on ever got more than 10% penetration - he says memory cards and controllers have 100% penetration, as though they are "addons". What a maroon. I suppose he don't know that memory cards and controllers are NECESSITIES, unless you have an Xbox then you don't need memory cards. But we all knew that...he doesn't.

Marc
05-06-2002, 02:24 AM
Geez, what a peckerhead...

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Marc
Geez, what a peckerhead...
We shall call him "Richard Cranium"
If you need the definition, lemmie know :)

Stiffy
05-06-2002, 10:39 AM
"Sony plans to market a modem/broadband peripheral for $39.99 and a hard drive (price unannounced) separately. When I suggest that no peripheral has ever had more than 10 percent penetration among consumers, House first points out that both memory cards and controllers have had nearly 100 percent penetration, then addresses the subject of modem penetration."

Man, I hate it when these marketing clowns try to make it seems as if they understand videogamers. The reason why controllers and memory cards, i.e. peripherals sell well is because they are a necessary peripheral. Everyone knows how sucky it would be if you were jamming through MGS 2 and were unable to save your game because of no memory card. And everyone knows that people sometimes play videogames in groups, hence the NEED for extra controllers. That's why videogame companies don't bundle these types of peripherals with systems...because they know they can make more if they make them a separate item. I wonder if he's looked at how many memory cards MS has sold....I'm betting the number is really low for obvious reasons. The fact is, people don't NEED online to enjoy their games. If you have the money for it, it's a great additive, just like having a high definition TV and surround sound. But people don't need it. MS knew this, which is why they bundled it up together. It's a shame see that arrogance is still part of this industry's job requirements.

chili325
05-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Who do u think will have the higher monthly fee?

Stiffy
05-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by chili325
Who do u think will have the higher monthly fee?

Probably Nintendo. I think demographically Sony and MS are gonna be battling against each other, so their prices will be competitively set.

chili325
05-06-2002, 02:40 PM
I think the competition will make microsoft go all out. I heard that sonys service was hard to navigate and u had to subscribe to every game that u play.

l Maximus l
05-06-2002, 02:51 PM
If you really think about it, Sony is raping their own customers! Check this out:

Sony Playstation system: ............$299.99
Mandatory memory card: ...............$39.99
Extra controllers x 3:........................$89.97
Hard-Drive........................................$39.99
On-line peripheral.............................$75.00 (This is a guess)
Multi-tap (to have 4 controller ports) $39.99 (I think)
On-line service fee............................$14.99 (approximate guess)

Grand total: $599.92!!!! Deeeyaaaamn!! :eek:

Compare this with XBox:

Microsoft XBox console ..................$299.99
Extra controllers x 3 ......................$119.97
On-line service fee.......................... $14.99 (approximate guess)

Grand total: $434.95

:)

GokuX
05-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Max I thought the PS2 harddrive thingy was gonna be $200. Did they change its price or something?

l Maximus l
05-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Max I thought the PS2 harddrive thingy was gonna be $200. Did they change its price or something?

I made a guess....but, I understand that Sony was, initially, going to bundle on-line capability and a hard-drive for $130 or so. It appears, according to that article, that they are selling them seperately and that the hard-drive will be $39.99 but no price has been released for on-line capability :)

GokuX
05-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I made a guess....but, I understand that Sony was, initially, going to bundle on-line capability and a hard-drive for $130 or so. It appears, according to that article, that they are selling them seperately and that the hard-drive will be $39.99 but no price has been released for on-line capability :)

Glad we don't have to deal with that. Thanks Microsoft.

MixMasta
05-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
If you really think about it, Sony is raping their own customers! Check this out:

Sony Playstation system: ............$299.99
Mandatory memory card: ...............$39.99
Extra controllers x 3:........................$89.97
Hard-Drive........................................$39.99
On-line peripheral.............................$75.00 (This is a guess)
Multi-tap (to have 4 controller ports) $39.99 (I think)
On-line service fee............................$14.99 (approximate guess)

Grand total: $599.92!!!! Deeeyaaaamn!! :eek:

Compare this with XBox:

Microsoft XBox console ..................$299.99
Extra controllers x 3 ......................$119.97
On-line service fee.......................... $14.99 (approximate guess)

Grand total: $434.95

:)

thats crazy:eek:

but u mixed it up a little...the broadband peripherak is 40, the hard drive was unannouced in price. also, u forgot the mandatory dvd kit for xbox, but that would only boost the price to around 470. but still there is a 130 difference there!