PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 2

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:03 AM
Is this considered action? I bought this game 2 days ago, and I like it a lot. I was wondering why nobody else likes it or talks about it. I've seen people trading it, however.

Underdog
05-08-2002, 12:52 AM
I noticed that too. I didn't think it was a bad game, I enjoyed playing it a lot.

zfBRAT
05-08-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Chris-XBA
I noticed that too. I didn't think it was a bad game, I enjoyed playing it a lot. http://image.imgfarm.com/ex/lg/mex_gumba.gif

I'm glad you noticed it too :) I was beginning to be very afraid of vampire killers...:)

Underdog
05-08-2002, 01:30 AM
What part are you at?

zfBRAT
05-08-2002, 01:42 AM
What part are you at? http://www.eidosinteractive.com/img/db/gamelogos/110_bloodomen.gif.m.gif
I'm fighting the first vampire faustus that you come to. I've only had the game for 3 days, but I haven't been playing avidly like I should

Underdog
05-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Well if you get stuck just shout! :)

zfBRAT
05-08-2002, 02:03 AM
Well if you get stuck just shout! :) http://www.microsoft.com/xbox/images/centerxbox.jpg
Thanks for the offer, and I'll do that :) Have you beaten it yet?

Underdog
05-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Yes I have.

zfBRAT
05-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Yes I have.
You rock

Underdog
05-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by zfBRAT

You rock

Thanks dude ;)

LOL Flattery will get you everywhere! jk:D

zfBRAT
05-09-2002, 01:54 AM
I'm hoping so

RadRider
05-11-2002, 11:15 AM
I rented the game, and enjoyed it. But I'd NEVER buy it. The game is far too linear, and that really ****ed me off. For instance, after the first set of tutorials, that vampire chick tells you that you're free to roam the city now, just meet up at X place. Well, that sounds cool, but you can only go in one direction, and that direction leads to a bunch of [easy] puzzles that then lead you directly to the meeting place. Come on! I say, I'm not a baby! I need freedom!

Okay, so anyway you follow this linear path for a while, and you end up with stronger armor eventually. That's cool, except now they replace the previous enemies with harder enemies, so it's like playing the entire first section, only now with different textures for everything. Again, I'm not a baby! I say.

And the whole game is like that: Linear path, a so-so story and no worthwhile rewards for playing the damn thing. And that's the same concensus I got from everyone else I know who played it. Besides, the game just screams "PS2 port", what with the blurred textures on the main character, robot animations and lack of bump mapping.

Other than that though, the game was fun for the rental period, but that's all the time I'd ever invest in the game.

zfBRAT
05-12-2002, 02:15 AM
I do get what your saying about linear and free roam. I figured they were trying to use reverse psychology to let us think we're hopelessly wandering around...hehehe!
I think the reason I do like it is because I'm a vampire who can smack people around and suck up their blood standing three feet away, instead of picking up hearts or capsules of blood...lol ;)

Underdog
05-14-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey zfBRAT, I'm just wondering what part of the game are you at now? :)

RadRider
05-15-2002, 10:23 PM
I wrote a user review for it. You can both go read it then come and try to kill me! I'm glad you understand that different people have different tastes. These forums seem pretty damn good!

Alien
05-16-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
These forums seem pretty damn good!

Well said, I agree.