PDA

View Full Version : Spamming From Other Message Boards

Kamshaft
09-30-2001, 09:11 AM
Quote from TXB member Iceman....

Dear Gamers,

"It seems some members of the TeamXbox.com forums went over to XboxAddict.com and started spamming there forums, saying that they came from TXB to take their forums down. Guess what? These actions will not be tolerated. XBA and TXB are great friends, and that is why a hit on them comming from us will be just like a hit on ourselves. I have been sent the usernames and IP addresses of those responsable, and still trying to figure out who on our boards were behind it. Once I find out, you can make sure that I will ban them from the TeamXbox forums indefinetly."

"That kind of behavior is childish and in-responsable and that is why I made this post, to warn every single member of our forums. If your gonna spam another message board, which I am against strongly, don't use our name in it... don't say you come from TXB because that is wrong. You can really hurt the friendship between some of these fan sites by doing so. Now I hope you remember this next time you think about the idea. Thank you for your time. Have a good day! "

Danny Borges
Senior Editor, TeamXbox.com

-----------
I hope this get thru to some people....the same will be done here at XBA....so do you really wanna be BANNED from the two largest Xbox sites out there?
Peace.

Iceman-TXB
09-30-2001, 09:16 AM
Hey, that's my post... lol. Yup, Im very disapointed about what happened last night, Ive taken those actions into my own hands. Hopefully things like this never happen again. My deepest apologies to the staffers and forum members of XBA.

Until next time.... Later

Aaron
09-30-2001, 01:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the help Dan. I hope maybe some people will learn their lesson for this.

sinizuh
09-30-2001, 03:57 PM
Pork, lol.

funxbox seems bigger (cause they have the OXM forums)

anyways, i'm surprised that people from one xbox forum came to another and spammed it... i wouldn't be surprised if they were from a ps2 or GC forum.

EIGamerzX
09-30-2001, 04:30 PM
www.nintensity.com also got their forums spammed by people claiming to be from txb
you may wanna get in touch stephen

Curll84
09-30-2001, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, I'm a mod over at TXB. Just wanna apologize for the spammings. We're pretty sure that this was a case of divide and conquer by some Nintendo fanboys. I ensure you that anyone caught spamming any site, let alone a fellow Xbox site, will face dire consequences.

Koopa
10-01-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Curll84
Hey guys, I'm a mod over at TXB. Just wanna apologize for the spammings. We're pretty sure that this was a case of divide and conquer by some Nintendo fanboys. I ensure you that anyone caught spamming any site, let alone a fellow Xbox site, will face dire consequences.

sure, blame it on us nintendo fans why dontcha?!:D