PDA

View Full Version : Players of Max Payne... (sorta) Help Needed!

UltraMuffin
05-06-2002, 02:58 PM
This has grown to be somewhat of an obsession, and I'm not liking any moment of it! But I NEED to know if there's something a little "different" about my Xbox...

I need (well, I want) to know, during the little comic book storyboard things in Max Payne, is there a little break in the music from page to page? I swear I'm going insane thinking there's something wrong with my Xbox... and somethin so incredibly small that it should not bother anyone.

I started a topic a few days ago about there being a few skips in the audio in the Halo commentary on the June OXM disc... no one else has had such problems, or at least not noticed them... I think I notice things that no human being was ment to notice.

Also, in Silent Hill 2, there's several cut scenes (maybe more than several hehe) that I've noticed there being a small skip at the beginning of... it always happens in the same spot, like perhaps from loading or something... Idunno... but it happens at the beginning of the cut scene where you ummm...

*SPOILER SPOILER!* *DON'T READ BELOW!*

... where the pyramid head thing is like... uhh... gettin his groove on with the four mannequin legs. Maybe my Xbox skipping is the least of my problems if I've been watching that scene over and over haha.

*SPOILER OVER!* *PLEASE DO CONTINUE TO READ*

Ummm... Can anyone else with obsessive attention to detail confirm if they've seen any of these things or not.

Or, can someone tell me to stop being insane and get a life... that might help just as much.

Thank You!

l Maximus l
05-06-2002, 03:07 PM
There is a brief skip in Max Payne during the "comic book" story telling. It's because the game was directly ported from the PC.

JJaX
05-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by UltraMuffin
This has grown to be somewhat of an obsession, and I'm not liking any moment of it! But I NEED to know if there's something a little "different" about my Xbox...

I need (well, I want) to know, during the little comic book storyboard things in Max Payne, is there a little break in the music from page to page? I swear I'm going insane thinking there's something wrong with my Xbox... and somethin so incredibly small that it should not bother anyone.

I started a topic a few days ago about there being a few skips in the audio in the Halo commentary on the June OXM disc... no one else has had such problems, or at least not noticed them... I think I notice things that no human being was ment to notice.
!

I noticed that with Max payne too. ANd also with the halo commentary movie on the OXM disc. It did stutter like twice. I didnt play it again to see if it was just the movie, Or my Xbox or my Disc. No big deal.

Games play fine, DVD's run fine. Im fine....

UltraMuffin
05-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Phew... thanks guys... I feel so... so secure now :D
Yep, I think it's about that time to find me a girlfriend.

chili325
05-06-2002, 04:20 PM
Just make sure that u play with her enough, spend time with her, and devoter ur luv. If not, u will lose the luv of ur life. And what would u do without an xbox.