PDA

View Full Version : Best Future Xbox game

Xbox4ever
05-06-2002, 04:14 PM
VOTE NOW!!!!

Kraft
05-06-2002, 04:35 PM
How in the crap do you leave off announced titles that I am psyched about, like doom III, and add sh*t that hasn't even been announced like morrowind 2? Jeez, morrowind isn't even out yet and you're trying to get hype started on this. You may as well have thrown Halo 2, THPS 4 and everything else in the stupid list...

MidniteArrow
05-06-2002, 04:35 PM
There are some "issues" with your list. Morrowind 2 does not exist (to my knowledge). The impending release, to my knowledge, is Morrowind: Elder Scrolls 3. Also, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy is already out, and if it gets any votes, they should be shot. It's an entertaining game, but so is Pac-Man. They didn't take advantage of any of the Xbox abilities when they did the port.

Xbox4ever
05-06-2002, 04:40 PM
oops i put 2 ????????????

Crazy Joe
05-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
How in the crap do you leave off announced titles that I am psyched about, like doom III, and add sh*t that hasn't even been announced like morrowind 2? Jeez, morrowind isn't even out yet and you're trying to get hype started on this. You may as well have thrown Halo 2, THPS 4 and everything else in the stupid list...

chill out on the new guy man, he didn't mean to put 2, it was a mistake, and was doom III even announced for Xbox, I only heard PC

Xbox4ever
05-06-2002, 04:42 PM
i forgot darg legacy was out and i didnt think any1 would know what doom lll

Xbox4ever
05-06-2002, 04:43 PM
is

Kraft
05-06-2002, 04:47 PM
My bad, sorry! *appologizes again* Didn't even look at the post count before I started typing, thought it was someone who posted stuff like that a lot, as thats the 4th or 5th time i've seen a poll like that in a week. Anyways, I was also wrong on the doom thing too. Could have sworn I saw it as an xbox possibility, but I guess 9 hours in the office has clouded my thinking. Well, to shift the subject, hopefully this is where we are going to see all the pc games ported over to the Box due to... it... being a pc too.

Xbox4ever
05-06-2002, 04:49 PM
i for got 2 put commandos 2 on the list

mrmp3
05-06-2002, 04:49 PM
I'm psyched for like 3/4's of those games, but I decided to put Unreal Championship. That game looks so damn awesome. Online, system link, and I imagine lots of bots on screen at once. I can't wait!!! Signing off...

l Maximus l
05-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Unreal Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Kortiz
05-06-2002, 05:06 PM
i am very excited about Brute Force.

iliveonafarm
05-06-2002, 05:07 PM
From the games on your list, Unreal Championship is my pick, with Brute Force being a close second, but i am also looking for ward to Sega GT 2002

Josh

Xbox4ever
05-06-2002, 05:20 PM
i like all those games except gauntlet

MixMasta
05-06-2002, 05:40 PM
i pick halo 3

j/k i want brute force and unreal championship

SkoalMint
05-06-2002, 07:24 PM
No Project Ego or SWKOTOR? Well my vote would be Morrowind regardless. Unless someone announces a good western RPG.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
05-06-2002, 08:26 PM
I believe that Brute will win out in the end. *waves his hand over everybody's face and says* I agree with Obi-Wan:cool:

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 10:28 PM
None of Them. I don't care what anybody thinks, I vote Metal Gear Solid X.:cool:

datalink7
05-06-2002, 10:52 PM
none of those.

Project Ego<--Reason I bought the XBox.

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by datalink7
none of those.

Project Ego<--Reason I bought the XBox.

That game looks like crap.

Kraft
05-07-2002, 12:20 AM
Holy cow... looks like crap? One, the graphics are friggin awesome. The still-frames look better than those old myst game stills... and PE is an actual animated game... That and it is pulling out some of the coolest concepts I have ever heard of for an RPG. Have you read about this game at all? Your character developes not based on what 'points' or 'levels' you gain during gameplay as almost every other RPG games does, but how you act. If you fight a lot you grow bigger and stronger. You run a lot you get faster. you get cut in a battle, you have a scar there for the rest of your life. You can tan, your skin can turn white if you never see the sun. You age for christ's sake. Thats almost enough right there to make me want to at least rent this game. I can make a guy do stuff and based on what I make him do, he changes right before my eyes, he ages in real-time. Why do you say this game looks like crap?

Don Dittorio
05-07-2002, 12:37 AM
I choose Ghost Recon..........and HALO 3! j/k!

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Holy cow... looks like crap? One, the graphics are friggin awesome. The still-frames look better than those old myst game stills... and PE is an actual animated game... That and it is pulling out some of the coolest concepts I have ever heard of for an RPG. Have you read about this game at all? Your character developes not based on what 'points' or 'levels' you gain during gameplay as almost every other RPG games does, but how you act. If you fight a lot you grow bigger and stronger. You run a lot you get faster. you get cut in a battle, you have a scar there for the rest of your life. You can tan, your skin can turn white if you never see the sun. You age for christ's sake. Thats almost enough right there to make me want to at least rent this game. I can make a guy do stuff and based on what I make him do, he changes right before my eyes, he ages in real-time. Why do you say this game looks like crap?

You think this game looks good? I think the grafics suck compared to RPG's like Final Fantasy, even though I hate RPG's Sorry, I've always hated them. I'm more into Fighting, Shooting, and Racing games. I can't can't stand RPG's. To slow for me.

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Don Dittorio
I choose Ghost Recon..........and HALO 3! j/k!

There's gonna be a Halo 3!! Do you have proof at least?:confused:

Kraft
05-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

You think this game looks good? I think the grafics suck compared to RPG's like Final Fantasy, even though I hate RPG's Sorry, I've always hated them. I'm more into Fighting, Shooting, and Racing games. I can't can't stand RPG's. To slow for me.

Im really not that big of a fan of final fantasy's graphics myself. Yeah, they are pretty, but it is all a bunch of characters running around in a still frame. From what I understand, PE is going to be full motion, just like pretty much every other xbox games. So what if final fanstasy has a nice movie now and then? If I wanted to see pretty non-interactive movies I would go watch final fantasy on DVD. Wait, I did... and I wasn't particularly thrilled by it. Either way, I can't judge this game before it comes out, but it looks incredibly promising to any RPG fans, and not like crap as you so eloquently afformentioned.

Huckleberry
05-07-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

i've been playing final fantasy since it came out, but outside of the fmv cut scenes, nothing in the ff series will hold a candle to project ego, especially in-game graphics. i can appreciate that you hate rpg's, but to hammer someone that is looking forward to Project Ego just because you hate the style of game...well, you're missing the whole idea of this thread. the thread is what do YOU think the best future xbox game is going to be, not smoke someone because you think their choice sucked.

btw, my choices are Crimson Skies and Project Ego. it's a great thing when you can't fit all of the great games coming out because the poll only allow for 10 selections! it's gonna be a GREAT year for gaming!!!

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 01:25 PM
The poll looks like it's neck and neck between Brute Force and Unreal Championship! Quite frankly, it doesn't surprise me as both of those games are going to be HUGE!!! Can't wait :)

Xbox4ever
05-07-2002, 02:10 PM
i think brute force and/or will beat the record of the almighty HALO

Xbox4ever
05-07-2002, 02:12 PM
and/or unreal championship

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 02:20 PM
My guess is that every Halo owner will definately own a copy of both Unreal Championship AND Brute Force :D

Wait and see, both of those games will break a million copies sold in mere months just like Halo did! :D

HaVoK
05-07-2002, 02:51 PM
brute force all the way!

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 02:53 PM
Scew Morrowind & Project Ego. GO Brute Force!!!!