PDA

View Full Version : game console layout (newspaper)

sinizuh
09-30-2001, 05:15 PM
today in my local newspaper, they had a 2 page layout of all the current and soon to be released console, with short descriptions, prices and best games. i scanned xbox, gamecube and ps2 only cause my scanner isn't big enough for all of it... but i did take a picture of it with my digital camera...

http://members.home.net/tstefan/newspaper.JPG

warning: images are pretty big.
Xbox (http://members.home.net/tstefan/xbox.jpg)
GameQube (http://members.home.net/tstefan/gc.jpg)
Playsasion 2 (http://members.home.net/tstefan/ps2.jpg)

(spelling of consoles might be a little off because i took them from the Offical Xbox Magazine :D )

it's pretty funny. they describe Gamecube to be for the "kiddies", the xbox to be for the "mature" gamer and call Sony the "reigning champion".

Note: all prices are in Canadian, so :P

Koopa
09-30-2001, 07:59 PM
thats the most biased, unresearched, misleading, and flagrantly...WRONG...for back of better terms...article I have ever read. I cannot believe that was allowed to be published.

Xboxmaster2001
09-30-2001, 08:55 PM
haaaaaaaaahaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaa thats funny GC 300$ and games 70$ i wouldnt pay 10$ for the system and 1$ for a games

Koopa
09-30-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Xboxmaster2001
haaaaaaaaahaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaa thats funny GC 300$ and games 70$ i wouldnt pay 10$ for the system and 1$ for a games

just in case u didn't notice, the paper and prices were canadian. the prices for the console and games in the US are $200 and about $50 respectively i think.

sinizuh
09-30-2001, 09:08 PM
yea... the people at the newspaper know nothing about games... so they miss inform the public to buy gamecubes for their 8 year old children, PS2s for their teens and xboxs for their college kids.

Aaron
09-30-2001, 09:11 PM
Actually GC games are 60 a pop

Koopa
09-30-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
Actually GC games are 60 a pop

ah, excuse me.

hopefully 1st party games will be cheaper like on GBA:D

Aaron
09-30-2001, 09:30 PM
Wave Race is 1st party isnt it? And its 60 bucks.

The problem is, when n64 had its cartridges, it was that expensive cause of the costs to produce, so now nintendo chooses an equally hard to get format and charges the same amount. Bad Move nintendo.

Koopa
09-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Wave Race is 1st party isnt it? And its 60 bucks.

The problem is, when n64 had its cartridges, it was that expensive cause of the costs to produce, so now nintendo chooses an equally hard to get format and charges the same amount. Bad Move nintendo.

IGNcube's GAMECUBE FAQ said:

Nintendo's proprietary GameCube discs will not inflate the costs of development, and in fact the company has said that its licensing fees for third-parties are comparable, if not better than those of competitor Sony's for PlayStation 2.

also, in IGNcube's special feature-Gamecube Launch:Ready Your Budget, all Gamecube games are listed as $49.95

http://cube.ign.com/news/35616.html

DOOM
09-30-2001, 10:24 PM
LOL, Dude... This Says It All!
http://members.home.net/tstefan/gc.jpg

Koopa
09-30-2001, 10:30 PM
anyone who thinks Madden is one of the best games, over titles such as Super Smash bros and rogue leader, has some serious problems. if you honestly believe that pile of trash...

DOOM
09-30-2001, 10:38 PM
LOL, Tell That To BARNEY!
http://forums.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=309961

Koopa
09-30-2001, 10:43 PM
LOL! I havta admit thats funny:D

Aaron
09-30-2001, 10:53 PM
toy catalog i have lists the games as 59.99

DOOM
09-30-2001, 10:58 PM
Check Out What FORBES Has To Say About It:

Nintendo's Holidaze

NEW YORK - We should let Nintendo or Microsoft try explaining to kids across America exactly why they won't receive good videogames this Christmas. It will probably be a long and boring explanation filled with words like "manufacturing plant," "supply and demand" and a bunch of other terms too unpleasant for innocent children (and some grown men) to think about.

Since there may be a shortage of videogame consoles this holiday season, retail stores may have lots of empty videogame shelves to fill. Ideally, Nintendo should pounce on the opportunity and stock the shelves with its soon-to-be-released GameCube console. But no, the company recently said it won't be able to boost production in order to meet possibly increased U.S. demand.

Nintendo's scramble to get the hardware out the door raises the question of why the company is in the business in the first place. Hardware is a tough business to make a buck in. Wall Street analysts estimate it costs Nintendo about $380 to manufacture each GameCube console, which will sell retail for about $200. That means the company will lose about $180 on each unit sold. Even if Nintendo actually meets and sells the 1.1 million units expected to be sold in the U.S. by year-end, the GameCube will still be a money-losing product. Unfortunately, Nintendo is counting on GameCube to revive its profits. In May 2001, the company reported a decline in fiscal-year operating profit of more than 40%, and a 13% decline in revenue (although the company reported an increase in net profits due to a weak yen). The decline in operating profit was largely attributed to slow sales of its game console, Nintendo 64.

Hardware losses may be softened by lucrative software sales, including popular titles such as Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. If all the profits are made in software anyway, is there a reason Nintendo should continue pursuing console sales? It's not entirely certain the GameCube will sell like hotcakes anyway. It was one thing for consumers to throw about $200 on a videogame console when the economy was booming, but given the current climate, a $200 purchase is a serious investment--even if that's a discount to competitors like Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people), which will sell its Xbox console for about $300.

Sega (otc: SEGNY - news - people) successfully pulled out of hardware, leaving the heavy lifting to those foolhardy enough to persist, and in May, the company said it expects to pull an operating profit by March 2002, after several years of losses. It was lauded as one of Sega's smartest moves. Instead of requiring its fans to dish out several hundred dollars for the Dreamcast console required to play Sega games, the company went hardware agnostic and is producing games for previous rivals, including Nintendo and Sony (nyse: SNE - news - people), thus enlarging the size of its market and eliminating hardware losses.

Of course, Nintendo is in a very different place from Sega. But supposing an economic recession cuts into GameCube sales--which isn't an outlandish scenario--the company would be foolish not to eliminate such an expensive operation.

Check It Out!
http://www.forbes.com/2001/09/27/0927videogame.html

Koopa
09-30-2001, 11:03 PM
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=2147

here's some quotes

In a flabbergastingly innacurate and plain inept piece of written horse manure Forbes sticks a foot in its mouth...

"Since there may be a shortage of videogame consoles this holiday season, retail stores may have lots of empty videogame shelves to fill. Ideally, Nintendo should pounce on the opportunity and stock the shelves with its soon-to-be-released GameCube console. But no, the company recently said it won't be able to boost production in order to meet possibly increased U.S. demand."

So apparently even though Nintendo's plans will put more consoles in stores than any of their competitors could manage for launch they're coming up short...

"Hardware is a tough business to make a buck in. Wall Street analysts estimate it costs Nintendo about $380 to manufacture each GameCube console, which will sell retail for about $200. That means the company will lose about $180 on each unit sold. Even if Nintendo actually meets and sells the 1.1 million units expected to be sold in the U.S. by year-end, the GameCube will still be a money-losing product. Unfortunately, Nintendo is counting on GameCube to revive its profits."

So now, aside from the fact the quote of $180 lost per system is absolutely out of left field (Nintendo bristles at even the thought of any loss let alone practically eating half the total cost) they're somehow not working hard enough to put themselves in the poorhouse given the earlier comment?

forbes isn't exactly well known for its quality in trying (key word TRYING) to cover the gaming industry

and for your viewing pleasure, more of Forbes' horse manure

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=1261

maneatingcow
09-30-2001, 11:08 PM
Interesting article, and it helps to shed some light on some of the XBox's marketing ideas.

Lets Look At The Figures:

Gamecube = $200 ($180 Loss)
- No DVD
- No Modem
- No Hard drive (And No Plans For One)

XBox = $300 (??? Loss)
- DVD (+$30 To Cost)
- Hard Drive (10g? Cheap!)
- Modem (More Costly)

BUT Since Bundles Come With 3 Games (2 Are Likely To Be First Party) The XBox may have only a slight loss compared to the Gamecube.

XBox info my opinion, not fact.

Koopa
09-30-2001, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow
Interesting article, and it helps to shed some light on some of the XBox's marketing ideas.

Lets Look At The Figures:

Gamecube = $200 ($180 Loss)
- No DVD
- No Modem
- No Hard drive (And No Plans For One)

XBox = $300 (??? Loss)
- DVD (+$30 To Cost)
- Hard Drive (10g? Cheap!)
- Modem (More Costly)

BUT Since Bundles Come With 3 Games (2 Are Likely To Be First Party) The XBox may have only a slight loss compared to the Gamecube.

XBox info my opinion, not fact.

read the post above yours:p

Dr_J
09-30-2001, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

forbes isn't exactly well known for its quality in trying (key word TRYING) to cover the gaming industry

This is one of the dumbest comments I've seen in my life. Forbes not known for quality???

Making things up to support your cause proves nothing.

Seems like you failed Business 101.

LMFAO

DOOM
09-30-2001, 11:18 PM
LOL, Sure I Bet PlanetGameCube Would Say That...
LMFAO!
Forbes Is Well Respected In The BIZ World Dude...

Bakero
09-30-2001, 11:27 PM
That’s interesting, it cost Gamecube $380 to manufacture one console, in turn loosing $180 from retail. What I want to know is, how much does it cost to make one X-Box and how much does Microsoft loose from retail of $300. ;)

DOOM
09-30-2001, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
Check Out What FORBES Has To Say About It:

Nintendo's Holidaze

NEW YORK - We should let Nintendo or Microsoft try explaining to kids across America exactly why they won't receive good videogames this Christmas. It will probably be a long and boring explanation filled with words like "manufacturing plant," "supply and demand" and a bunch of other terms too unpleasant for innocent children (and some grown men) to think about.

Since there may be a shortage of videogame consoles this holiday season, retail stores may have lots of empty videogame shelves to fill. Ideally, Nintendo should pounce on the opportunity and stock the shelves with its soon-to-be-released GameCube console. But no, the company recently said it won't be able to boost production in order to meet possibly increased U.S. demand.

Nintendo's scramble to get the hardware out the door raises the question of why the company is in the business in the first place. Hardware is a tough business to make a buck in. Wall Street analysts estimate it costs Nintendo about $380 to manufacture each GameCube console, which will sell retail for about $200. That means the company will lose about $180 on each unit sold. Even if Nintendo actually meets and sells the 1.1 million units expected to be sold in the U.S. by year-end, the GameCube will still be a money-losing product. Unfortunately, Nintendo is counting on GameCube to revive its profits. In May 2001, the company reported a decline in fiscal-year operating profit of more than 40%, and a 13% decline in revenue (although the company reported an increase in net profits due to a weak yen). The decline in operating profit was largely attributed to slow sales of its game console, Nintendo 64.

Hardware losses may be softened by lucrative software sales, including popular titles such as Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. If all the profits are made in software anyway, is there a reason Nintendo should continue pursuing console sales? It's not entirely certain the GameCube will sell like hotcakes anyway. It was one thing for consumers to throw about $200 on a videogame console when the economy was booming, but given the current climate, a $200 purchase is a serious investment--even if that's a discount to competitors like Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people), which will sell its Xbox console for about $300.

Sega (otc: SEGNY - news - people) successfully pulled out of hardware, leaving the heavy lifting to those foolhardy enough to persist, and in May, the company said it expects to pull an operating profit by March 2002, after several years of losses. It was lauded as one of Sega's smartest moves. Instead of requiring its fans to dish out several hundred dollars for the Dreamcast console required to play Sega games, the company went hardware agnostic and is producing games for previous rivals, including Nintendo and Sony (nyse: SNE - news - people), thus enlarging the size of its market and eliminating hardware losses.

Of course, Nintendo is in a very different place from Sega. But supposing an economic recession cuts into GameCube sales--which isn't an outlandish scenario--the company would be foolish not to eliminate such an expensive operation.

Check It Out!
http://www.forbes.com/2001/09/27/0927videogame.html

Koopa
09-30-2001, 11:53 PM
okay, maybe that comment of mine was a bit low, but for gawds sakes, those articles are as unresearched and biased as you can get. They can cover most of the biz world well but they haven't covered this console war very well. The fact of the matter is that PGC has shown mistakes the publication made, and unless they can justify their information, I'm entitled to disagree with it.

SciFi
10-01-2001, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Bakero
That’s interesting, it cost Gamecube $380 to manufacture one console, in turn loosing $180 from retail. What I want to know is, how much does it cost to make one X-Box and how much does Microsoft loose from retail of $300. ;)
Ok, i do think that Microsoft is looseing major $$$ on the Xbox. Since the DvD, and all other components in xbox are HDTV-able, their cost is bigger then that of sony's. But all companies loose on the consels, then gain on the games.:D

sinizuh
10-01-2001, 02:09 AM
isn't microsoft losing like $150 per console?

anyways... nintendo would be better taking the Sega route and going 3rd party. but i dunno where the games would go... nintendo games on xbox and ps2? ick. sure, it would be cool. but it just doesn't feel right.

if nintendo is 3rd place, who's in first? ;)

Koopa
10-01-2001, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
isn't microsoft losing like $150 per console?

anyways... nintendo would be better taking the Sega route and going 3rd party. but i dunno where the games would go... nintendo games on xbox and ps2? ick. sure, it would be cool. but it just doesn't feel right.

if nintendo is 3rd place, who's in first? ;)

if nintendo stopped making console's I'd want them to go second party so I'd only haveta buy one system:D

Ric
10-01-2001, 09:47 AM
I dont know how long I am going to be able to stay at these forums, Koopa how can you stand it. This place is littred with loads of fanboys, no true gaming fans whatsoever.

That article is a biased peice of crap, I cant believe people would actually think this rubbish is true, really taking the **** out of other consoles, how old are they. Bloody grow up and see the light and realise that other consoles DO have excellent games.

Sega - Shenmue.
Sony - Gran Turismo.
Nintendo - Zelda.

And the next person to say 'Nintendo is for kids' needs a serious kick in the teeth, uuh hello, PERFECT DARK anyone, then there's Conkers Bad Fur Day and ooh, whats this I see, Eternal Darkness, oh and LOOK AT THIS, Nintendo now have exclusive rights to Resident Evil.

NO DVD player, big deal, I want a game console, not a bloody DVD player and besides there IS a DVD Gamecube coming out.

Please guys, think about what you say before you say it, it's fine to support one thing over another, but dont be ****headed about it.:D

SciFi
10-01-2001, 04:58 PM
:) Ya, i think nintendo ought to go 3ed party...
they have good games, just most are a bit more on the kids side, but you know, sometimes a bit of kiddie games is fun too:) As fot Bad Fur Day, i think they stoped production... the ame no longer appears on their site, and there was a contraversy on it a while back. But if nintendo did go 3ed party, like they use to, don't you think that all the other systems would make more kiddy games since nintendo wouldn't be makeing consels? or get them from nintendo???:confused:

dolphaholic
10-01-2001, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
thats the most biased, unresearched, misleading, and flagrantly...WRONG...for back of better terms...article I have ever read. I cannot believe that was allowed to be published.

That is truly biased. I must say that someone didn't do their research.

The GC is not the weakest of all the consoles. The ps2 is. And they are picking games that aren't even out yet. Best games my arse. I am sure they took them for a test spin.

But on the account of ps2 and Xbox it sounds good. Just someone who doesn't like nintendo I guess.

Aaron
10-01-2001, 09:36 PM
I dont know how long I am going to be able to stay at these forums, Koopa how can you stand it. This place is littred with loads of fanboys, no true gaming fans whatsoever.

Tis a xbox website. about the xbox. for the xbox. we are biased. lifes tough, get a helmet! :D

LatexMantus
10-01-2001, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Ric I dont know how long I am going to be able to stay at these forums, Koopa how can you stand it. This place is littred with loads of fanboys, no true gaming fans whatsoever.

I happen to be a true gaming fan. I have been playing games for over 18 years, easily. I have played games on every console ever released and seen every genre of game made.

That article is a biased peice of crap, I cant believe people would actually think this rubbish is true, really taking the **** out of other consoles, how old are they. Bloody grow up and see the light and realise that other consoles DO have excellent games.

yes, other consoles may have good games. but guess what, Nintendo does aim at the younger "kiddie" audience. if you don't believe this, what do you call the cute little characters? i don't remember the last college kid i saw who was dying for the next pokemon console game, at least in north america.

Sega - Shenmue.
Sony - Gran Turismo.
Nintendo - Zelda.

Shenmue, bah. GT, rather stagnant. Zelda, hasn't been good since Super NES.

And the next person to say 'Nintendo is for kids' needs a serious kick in the teeth, uuh hello, PERFECT DARK anyone, then there's Conkers Bad Fur Day and ooh, whats this I see, Eternal Darkness, oh and LOOK AT THIS, Nintendo now have exclusive rights to Resident Evil.

Okay, so a game here and there makes a system for adults? i think not! wake up. if 5% to 20% of all games for a system are aimed at a mature audience, that still makes it a kiddie system.

NO DVD player, big deal, I want a game console, not a bloody DVD player and besides there IS a DVD Gamecube coming out.

i happen to want a DVD on my system, call me crazy... or just the average consumer. and the GC console that will have a DVD isn't going to be released, if at all, until into 2002. plus, it will cost what an Xbox costs, which really isn't fair considering it has no broadband and no hard-drive.

Please guys, think about what you say before you say it, it's fine to support one thing over another, but dont be ****headed about it.

look, i have tons of FACTS and LOGIC to back up why the Xbox is better. i would challenge you to prove to me why you think the GameCube is superior, in ANY way. follow this link to read my points why the Xbox is better, and then i challenge you to prove me wrong. (PS, it's rhetorical)

PROVE why you think the Gamecube is superior, i challenge you! (http://systemx.netfirms.com/archives/00000002.htm)

Aaron
10-01-2001, 11:21 PM
Now Now children... lets save this for the debate forum ::knudges stephen in the ribs::

Koopa
10-02-2001, 12:27 AM
Now Now children... lets save this for the debate forum ::knudges stephen in the ribs::

*nudge nudge*

look, i have tons of FACTS and LOGIC to back up why the Xbox is better. i would challenge you to prove to me why you think the GameCube is superior, in ANY way. follow this link to read my points why the Xbox is better, and then i challenge you to prove me wrong. (PS, it's rhetorical)

alot of your "evidence" is opinion, or just plain wrong.

first of all I know a few college aged guys who love nintendo stuff

your shenmue/zelda/GT comments are opinion

there are alot more mature games for cube than one might think (see link below)

I don't think the dvd cube has a confirmed cost yet so correct me if I'm wrong. and broadband is available with an add on, as is 56k for those poor dial up gamers

oh, and here's a response to your callenge
http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=10599113&replies=299

N-joy;)

sinizuh
10-02-2001, 12:32 AM
i believe that the majority of gamers will get gamecube... because of it's light weight and handle, it would be the easiest to grab and run out of the store...

debate forum?! a "scream, yell, b1tch till you start throwing chairs and other throwable items (gamecube)" forum?!

sweet.

>The GC is not the weakest of all the consoles. The ps2 is.

if you look at specs, ps2 is the weakest. if you look at features, gamcube is the weakest.

and really, who looks at specs?

Aaron
10-02-2001, 03:57 AM
I look at specs. As should everyone else. Those same specs will decide the caliber of games you will play in the future.

Hawaiian c
10-02-2001, 05:28 AM
in what way u think gc is better then ps2? i think ps2 better then gc

Kamshaft
10-02-2001, 07:40 AM
I think those were listed in Canadian prices. That's why the prices were inflated.

Ric
10-02-2001, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by LatexMantus

I happen to be a true gaming fan. I have been playing games for over 18 years, easily. I have played games on every console ever released and seen every genre of game made.

Really, so have I. Ok I am only 17 but thats not the point, I have played many hundreds of games since Pong, so I have just as much experience as you.

Shenmue, bah. GT, rather stagnant. Zelda, hasn't been good since Super NES.

How can you say that, Shenmue is a Masterpeice, GT3 is bloody good and Zelda, uuh do you remember the award OoT was given do the words 'Best Game In The World, Ever' (At the time) ring any bells. You really are being a fanboy here.

Okay, so a game here and there makes a system for adults? i think not! wake up. if 5% to 20% of all games for a system are aimed at a mature audience, that still makes it a kiddie system.

I believe this is referred to as, chattingus crappus, when someone makes up crudd to try and sound intelligent.

i happen to want a DVD on my system, call me crazy... or just the average consumer. and the GC console that will have a DVD isn't going to be released, if at all, until into 2002. plus, it will cost what an Xbox costs, which really isn't fair considering it has no broadband and no hard-drive.

Tell me, what difference does a hard drive make to games, it is just an oversized save card, it does'nt inperove graphics, or sound, or performance, so whats so special about it.
And about the Broadband, infact you are wrong, it WILL have a broadband modem, you just seem to forget that this technology is not available all over the world yet, christ* some places in the US dont have it even.*sorry thats blasfomy, I apoligise.

Excuse me, did I say anywhere that GC is superior, I dont think so. I dont wish to 'prove you wrong' I merly aim to make you realise that the sun doesnt revolve around the X-Box. We have got off on the wrong foot here, I do not want to make a foe of you, I just want you to admit that you are being a fanboy. If you still want to debate then I am only too happy to discuss this further, but be warned, I will bring my guns with mehttp://www.gameadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/pistols.gif.

DOOM
10-02-2001, 07:56 AM
Dude, I'm 30, College Grad, Married, &
I HELZ DONT WANT A GameCube! I Dont Know Anyone Who Does Want one Eather! Been Playing Games Since Ten, Owned evrey sys, Learned, The Good(XBOX), The Bad(Sony) & The Ugly(Nintendo)! I Hate Those Stupid Smurfy Charicterz! I'm A True Gamer But Crap Man, Thats Just Plane Embarrassing...
I'll Just Wate For My XBOX!
M$, U.S.A.!

sinizuh
10-02-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Stephen
I think those were listed in Canadian prices. That's why the prices were inflated.

"Note: all prices are in Canadian, so :P"

i even said so....

LatexMantus
10-02-2001, 12:40 PM
let's go to Las Vegas and create some odds on which console system will come out on top. i would say the bookies would give the Xbox the upper hand.

first, i'm not a fanboy, i hate microsoft as much as the next guy. i can just admit when one system is superior to another and the sheer annoyance of most nintendo fanboys has driven me to become a nintendo fanboy hater. so i'm not really an xbox fanboy but more of a nintendo fanboy hater.

as for add-on modem, UCK! add-ons sell like crap and it's rare that anyone actually buys an add-on. makers of games want this stuff included, because that way they can be guarenteed people will have it.
the reason the Xbox has broadband only is because 56K will only slow down gaming networks and no one will like that. broadband is growing every day, and so eventually people will all end up with it, or stick to browsing HTML web pages.

the amount of uses for a hard-drive are so extensive they really must be boggling your mind. yes, it will improve performance. yes, it will allow you to pick your own music in games. yes, it will give you unlimited saving without needing an expensive add-on memory card. yes, it will be needed to play many larger online games, especially MMORPG's. yes, it will be used extensively, beyond anything you small mind seems to be able to comprehend. why don't you just through out the hard-drive in your PC? because the Xbox will use it's hard-drive as much as you use yours.

as for that Greatest Game Ever for Zelda... i can guarentee that came from a Nintendo fanboy magazine or reviewer. the game was okay, but it was lacking also. no game is the Greatest Ever, and any magazine that would make that claim is a pitiful and obviously very prejuidice. what if i don't happen to like that style of game? therefore it sure wouldn't be the greatest ever to me. people are so self absorbed they fail to take in other peoples opinions. (don't try to use that against me, you don't know me)

dolphaholic
10-02-2001, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hawaiian c
in what way u think gc is better then ps2? i think ps2 better then gc

Well the GC is only better than the ps2 SPEC wise. In the case of games, it is for the consumer to decide which is better.

Ric
10-04-2001, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by LatexMantus
first, i'm not a fanboy, i hate microsoft as much as the next guy. i can just admit when one system is superior to another and the sheer annoyance of most nintendo fanboys has driven me to become a nintendo fanboy hater. so i'm not really an xbox fanboy but more of a nintendo fanboy hater.

I am no fanboy, I hate a fanboy of any descripion, so enough of the accusations.

as for that Greatest Game Ever for Zelda... i can guarentee that came from a Nintendo fanboy magazine or reviewer. the game was okay, but it was lacking also. no game is the Greatest Ever, and any magazine that would make that claim is a pitiful and obviously very prejuidice.

Nope, no magazines, BAFTA's mate, official world polls and votes, no biased judges, no fanboys.

beyond anything you small mind seems to be able to comprehend

Dont go insulting me now, that just shows you infact are the small minded one.

Now I must say at this point that I came to this site for two reasons, firstly because Koopa asked me to because he had no support to put his ideas across.

And secondly, to be convinced of why I want to purchase an X-Box over a PS2. I will be getting a Gamecube without a shadow of a doubt as Nintendo consistently impress me with new, imaginative ideas and innovations. But I also want a second console, I am leaning toward an X-Box at this time but I need convincing and so far no one on here is doing a very good job of that. And also I say to you, again, I did not come here to make enemys, but you are presently making this difficult for me.

Hawaiian c
10-04-2001, 06:58 AM
oh ok i see cuzz of chip mhz wize