PDA

View Full Version : Glitches............

CodeMonkey
05-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Just thought I would post this, but the weekend just gone, a few m8s and myself was playing on halo (system link, LAN) and we noticed a few glitches, for example:
U fire a rocket u c the smoke but no rocket comes out,
Rocket launcher reloads for no reason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also one of my friends noticed that when he was playing halo, is was throwing grenades even though he was not pressing the button, which worried him slightly..

Anyone had any similar problems
:D

VeNoMiZA
05-06-2002, 08:37 PM
wierd i have seen the rockets and the grenades thing never happen to me you know what it might be?lagg,it might be lagg or you just need to clean your halo.i learn to clean the discs when my nba2k2 starting shwoing a lot of glitches.:eek:

dave_m123
05-07-2002, 05:12 AM
LOL clean your Halo hehe time to get out the polish

But seriously yeah i rekcon its worth a shot to see if it makes much difference.

JJaX
05-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
wierd i have seen the rockets and the grenades thing never happen to me you know what it might be?lagg,it might be lagg or you just need to clean your halo.i learn to clean the discs when my nba2k2 starting shwoing a lot of glitches.:eek:

There is no bandwidth (lag) issues on a LAN game.
I just think you guys were to drunk and saw things that didnt really happen.

When you halo for the 1st time in a exciting LAN battle, people tend to Exaggerate. There eyes see one thing, but the brain thinks its something else. (For example this guy on the forums kept saying an Elite flipped over his grenade :rolleyes: )
People see s4it, I only preach the truth.

But as far as grenades being thrown by them selves, I would reboot the Xboxs and make sure no ones got there greasy hands on the controllers so it calibrates.

Plewis
05-07-2002, 10:13 AM
every once and a while when starting a new multiplayer game my gun starts firing right when I start. But i just have to hit the trigger real quick to make it stop. I think its something wrong with my controller because my friend and I got into a fight and he started hitting me with the controller. I thinkits a little messed up. Stupid idiot unplugged my controller and started killing me when it wasnt plugged in... it was the only way he could kill me:D

CodeMonkey
05-07-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

There is no bandwidth (lag) issues on a LAN game.
I just think you guys were to drunk and saw things that didnt really happen.

When you halo for the 1st time in a exciting LAN battle, people tend to Exaggerate. There eyes see one thing, but the brain thinks its something else. (For example this guy on the forums kept saying an Elite flipped over his grenade :rolleyes: )
People see s4it, I only preach the truth.

But as far as grenades being thrown by them selves, I would reboot the Xboxs and make sure no ones got there greasy hands on the controllers so it calibrates.

cheers for the input on the controller.........Drunk!! i wish, i was driving home that night, not that im worried about the car or anything, but rather i had my xbox on the passenger seat....dont want that going through the window........

JJaX
05-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

cheers for the input on the controller.........Drunk!! i wish, i was driving home that night, not that im worried about the car or anything, but rather i had my xbox on the passenger seat....dont want that going through the window........

hehehe drunkin LAN battles are always good fun!!!

But yeah, What i said about the controller can happen. I was playing PGR and the L button would go by itself. We just restarted the xbox and let the controllers recalibrate.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 10:46 AM
I haven't seen grenades being thrown for no reason before, however, there has been a time in which I threw a grenade and it didn't blow up...and in this one case, it was a plasma grenade. No big deal. Out of the thousands of grenades I have thrown, only one didn't blow up and never have I thrown a grenade without toggling the left trigger.

As for the Rocket Launcher, I've noticed that if you get hit by a Rocket Launcher and manage to still survive, but, in the process, you are launched way up in the air while holding a Rocket Launcher yourself...and, then, if you decide to shoot, I've seen several times in which the rocket launcher shoots a dud. I think it's part of the game. Other than that, it's d a m n accurate :)

VAN
05-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Anyone tried to stack 10 or so players in a pyramid in Halo, as shown in the May OXM demo disc? That was kinda cool. I imagine they had to raise their health and do the old rocket jump to pull that of.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Van...either that, or they simply jumped up on a platform or something...I think it's hilarious! :D

JJaX
05-07-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Anyone tried to stack 10 or so players in a pyramid in Halo, as shown in the May OXM demo disc? That was kinda cool. I imagine they had to raise their health and do the old rocket jump to pull that of.

just line up 4 people

have them duck

have 3 jump on them, then people ducking stand (this allows everyone to be standing)

repeat

Ive done my share of tree climbing on the silent cartogapher :D