PDA

View Full Version : White specs?????

Highlite23
05-06-2002, 10:06 PM
I have noticed on occasion with various games these little white specs on the screen.

Sometimes there there, sometimes there not.

Any clues???

VeNoMiZA
05-06-2002, 10:14 PM
your wires arent connected right??not sure...hmmmmmmm:confused:

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
I have noticed on occasion with various games these little white specs on the screen.

Any clues???

What the heII are you talking about.:confused:

sinizuh
05-06-2002, 10:40 PM
yea... i noticed it on 2-3 games...

Crazy Joe
05-06-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

What the heII are you talking about.:confused:

what, are you a little slow? it is perfectly clear what he is talking about, sometimes while playing his Xbox, there are white specks on his screen. i don't think you need a dictionary to translate that statement.

GokuX
05-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by highlite23

Any clues???

Are U using the RFU adapter instead of the AV cables?

MidniteArrow
05-07-2002, 01:46 AM
I think the white specs may be a graphical artifact caused by the 480i screen resolution. What are your specs? I don't suppose you have a nice tv (such as HDTV or a progressive scan unit) and not the Hi Def A/V pack. I've noticed these "white specs" on HDTVs with the Playstation 2. I think this is a graphical artifact caused by the conversion from 480i to an upper resolution such as 480p. I'm not sure though, and even if this is the case, your problem may be unrelated.

Highlite23
05-07-2002, 12:40 PM
The set up...

50" Toshiba TheatreView (RP)
AV Pack (SVideo & Optical) ALL Monster Cables.

Connections seem fine.

??????????????????????????

Thanks for the comments.

MidniteArrow
05-07-2002, 12:52 PM
I think we may have found the problem. Your television is an HDTV. It supports 540p/1080i and should support 480p just fine. However, your video connection does not. You should go out and get the Hi Def A/V pack. Microsoft has one for $20. I suggest you get this one and some good component cables. Monster also makes a Hi Def A/V pack (called the Monster Gamelink 400 X). Microsoft has stated some compatibility problems (to me personally) with the Monster A/V pack, so I recommend you go with the Microsoft one. This setup will activate some new menus in the Xbox dashboard. Specifically, the video settings menu will now allow you to go in and toggle on support for 480p, 720p, and 1080i. Note that your television does not support 720p, so leave this one disabled. Once that is done, hopefully the white specs will go away. (regrettably, there are currently no games that support either 720p or 1080i, but there should be soon)