PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Hacked Video #2

Kooster
05-06-2002, 10:12 PM
Click here to view it. (http://www.bloodstain.co.uk/Xtender.wmv)

This video shows the back of the TV and shows actual gameplay of Oddworld. It looks like Oddworld is on a blank disk. The Xbox is a normal one, not the dev kit. The guy has an accent, and I can't understand him. I dunno, I think it isnt a fake and hes got a mod chip. What do y'all think?

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 10:44 PM
All I can say is: I wish I knew how to do that.:confused: :confused: :confused:

VenoM
05-06-2002, 11:06 PM
yes they have there own modchip called the extender chip......that will be released soon along with the games theyve ripped...its about a 30 wire chip....they had the games ripped for awhile now but were waiting on getting the modchip done in order to announce that they cracked the xbox....its real you can see in the vid......thing is most of the games are gonna have to get burned on a dvdrw which youd need a dvdrw writter which are to much right now and the blank dvds are also to much..only small games like shrek and 4x4 can be burned on a cdrw and other crappy xbox games like kabuki warriors which im sure its small enough to fit on a normal cdrw but oh well i guess if ya cant burn your own games you can buy them from someone with a dvd burner...me i'll get a modchip but i will still buy the good xbox games like MGSX,Brute force,Strindent ,Duality,Project Ego,unreal Chapionships,Halo2....i probably will just download the crappy games i would never have bought in the first place..ones that arent worth 50 bucks...like kabuki warriors...lol....or azurik or even shrek and that 4x4 game which sucks...id just get them just to say i have them

Vteck3000
05-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Well here we go............. proof at last that they have managed to hack the XBOX. The guys seem to have a europan english accent....... maybe from Germany or Holland........ somewhere in the UK.
It's seems to me that they were saying : Thank you Bill.......... then later on in the video........ Look it's a ChipBox................ and then........... See no wire and look .......... and they show the blankc disk with the game burnt on it.
Well hopefully by the end of the week we will have a respond by the officials at Microsoft of what they plan to do with this video footage or to do about the burnt games available on the net.
I give a big BRAVO to the ones that have hacked the XBOX........ but they are destroying the hole concept of gaming.
Too bad they hack it so soon........ i know i won't be part of that kind of scene. I'm a loyal fan and always remaind one :cool:

VenoM
05-06-2002, 11:23 PM
im sure in a way MS will be happy....now people will buy more xboxes not only that but theres a rumor there cutting the xbox price......this will just make the xbox more popular and help xbox sales all around the world....just look at the ps2....its been cracked for along time now and it still leads in sales...this wont harm the xbox it will help it

GokuX
05-06-2002, 11:33 PM
I dunno about helping it, but I wonder why so many people are worried about this when the PS2 had been cracked for a while. People need to get the DC outta their heads.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
yes they have there own modchip called the extender chip......that will be released soon along with the games theyve ripped...its about a 30 wire chip....they had the games ripped for awhile now but were waiting on getting the modchip done in order to announce that they cracked the xbox....its real you can see in the vid......thing is most of the games are gonna have to get burned on a dvdrw which youd need a dvdrw writter which are to much right now and the blank dvds are also to much..only small games like shrek and 4x4 can be burned on a cdrw and other crappy xbox games like kabuki warriors which im sure its small enough to fit on a normal cdrw but oh well i guess if ya cant burn your own games you can buy them from someone with a dvd burner...me i'll get a modchip but i will still buy the good xbox games like MGSX,Brute force,Strindent ,Duality,Project Ego,unreal Chapionships,Halo2....i probably will just download the crappy games i would never have bought in the first place..ones that arent worth 50 bucks...like kabuki warriors...lol....or azurik or even shrek and that 4x4 game which sucks...id just get them just to say i have them

Ok man, Please. You gotta tell me how you shrunk that GIF of Venom that guy gave you.

Crazy Joe
05-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Ok man, Please. You gotta tell me how you shrunk that GIF of Venom that guy gave you.

dude...

www.gifworks.com

you can do simple modifications to animated gifs, nothing special, resize, crop, etc. But if you just need to resize something it's perfect, no downloads, everything is done right on the site. It's extremely useful, that is how i resized my avatar and the one for Venom.

sinizuh
05-07-2002, 01:11 AM
they show that they are able to do it, but they don't show the mod it's self... i bet you gonna be a pro electrican to install it :rolleyes:

Whisper
05-07-2002, 07:09 AM
Yeah maybe you do, but you know there will be ads in the papers soon,

"XBOX MODCHIPS INSTALLED HERE, 20$"

just like for ps and ps2

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

dude...

www.gifworks.com

you can do simple modifications to animated gifs, nothing special, resize, crop, etc. But if you just need to resize something it's perfect, no downloads, everything is done right on the site. It's extremely useful, that is how i resized my avatar and the one for Venom.

THANKS MAN!!! I gotta put this sweet Street Fighter GIF up.

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

dude...

www.gifworks.com

Hey man, I gotta question for you. Please help me. After you usually Fetch for your GIF of the web. What do you do to make it fit in you Avatar and make it 30x30 pixels or whatever the limit is. :confused:

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
they show that they are able to do it, but they don't show the mod it's self... i bet you gonna be a pro electrican to install it :rolleyes:

yeah you have to soider it on to your xbox board
not to hard, don't attempt if you haven't done it before!

addict733
05-07-2002, 02:10 PM
i dont care, just as long as they still come out with games. microsoft sux, NUKE THE EVIL EMPIRE! peace

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by addict733
i dont care, just as long as they still come out with games. microsoft sux, NUKE THE EVIL EMPIRE! peace

Dude...Microsoft "sux"? It's people like you who use Microsoft products the most and then all you do is bash it. Kinda hypocritical don't you think?

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Hey man, I gotta question for you. Please help me. After you usually Fetch for your GIF of the web. What do you do to make it fit in you Avatar and make it 30x30 pixels or whatever the limit is. :confused:

Never mind, I figured it out. Oh yah, Pocket Fighter.:cool:

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
im sure in a way MS will be happy....now people will buy more xboxes not only that but theres a rumor there cutting the xbox price......this will just make the xbox more popular and help xbox sales all around the world....just look at the ps2....its been cracked for along time now and it still leads in sales...this wont harm the xbox it will help it

Hey Venom, I got something for ya.

http://www.ani-folio.net/gallery/Animated_Gifs/Marvel/t_marvel120.

:cool:

E-Xbox
05-07-2002, 02:26 PM
i posted this before...
oh well..

peace

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
i posted this before...
oh well..

peace

Posted What?

Liquid Gears
05-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Venom this should be it. Please work.

Kooster
05-07-2002, 03:48 PM
I changed my mind...I think that both videos are fake

LynxFX
05-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Time for Lynxfx to make a video. Fake of course. :) Then let's just see how much it gets downloaded and passed around.

E-Xbox
05-07-2002, 04:19 PM
i dont think the vids are fake..
y would u fake a video?
so millions of people think u have it ?
so what...the games are being released and people are d/ling and waiting for a chip....
so who cares if the vid is fake or real...

peace

Kooster
05-07-2002, 04:22 PM
Actually, I have no clue if its real or not. Im not really a video analysist. I dont really care anymore. Im not gonna burn games because I dont have a DVD burner and I dont want to get a mod chip.

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 04:29 PM
people shouldn't be worried about the xbox being hacked as the end of the xbox. It takes 30 some sodier points to be able to use the chip so it will take some expertise. So in other words the average Jo can't play burned games. Plus the ps2 has been hacked forever and it is doing ok. The reason the dreamcast didn't do well because it didn't require a mod chip to hack, thus anyone burn the games and play them if they had a cd burner and broadband connection.

DeathKnightMaF
05-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Has anyone ever actually looked at an Xbox game disc? They have tiny barcodes on the backside around the center. I'd imagine they are part of the copy protection when the DVD drive reads these barcodes. You simply can't "burn" barcodes onto a DVD-R or DVD-RW, or even a CDR.

I'm still going to go with a fake on this video as well. It's not hard to fake something.

LynxFX
05-07-2002, 04:54 PM
The barcodes, usually holographic, around the center are there just like water marks are put on money. Impossible to fake but serve no use other than distinguish the fake stuff from the real. The DVD drive isn't reading that barcode. The lasers can't even go that far in to read it.

DeathKnightMaF
05-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Well, I find it highly unlikely that they've already gotten past the CDS copyright protection.

What I find funny is that these guys know they're doing this illegal crapola and hide their faces behind shirts and masks. If, infact, they are actually make TRUE copies of the games I can't wait until they get burned ;)

Plewis
05-07-2002, 05:18 PM
i dont really care because I want to support the industry.... and.... my friends dad works at ms and I can get games for 10 bucks...:cool: but not that great of a selection:D