PDA

View Full Version : Xbconnect/GSA

Fixxer
05-06-2002, 11:14 PM
I've been trying to get these up and working with no glimpse of sucess it seems. The programs see my Xbox fine, but I can't see any games to join in Halo.

EQ-
Linksys HUB (Ports open that need to be)
Cat5E patch cable

Do you need a cross-over cable? I thought they were for connecting two computers without a hub.

JJaX
05-07-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Fixxer
I've been trying to get these up and working with no glimpse of sucess it seems. The programs see my Xbox fine, but I can't see any games to join in Halo.

EQ-
Linksys HUB (Ports open that need to be)
Cat5E patch cable

Do you need a cross-over cable? I thought they were for connecting two computers without a hub.

You seem to have everything correct.

And No you dont need a crossover cable, and they indeed connect two computers/xboxs without a hub.

They may sound real dumb, But are you even attempting to "join a game"

With XBConnect do you see the list of current servers?

Fixxer
05-07-2002, 04:11 PM
Yup.. I join a game and it sez "Link Ready" and everything but on the Xbox there aren't any games to join, it sez "Searching" :(

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Fixxer
Yup.. I join a game and it sez "Link Ready" and everything but on the Xbox there aren't any games to join, it sez "Searching" :(

That's because the host needs to create the game. Once he does, you'll see it on your screen :)

Fixxer
05-07-2002, 06:10 PM
According to them they made the games... They keep complaining telling me to join, then they boot me :p

cookiecaper
05-07-2002, 06:16 PM
If you're an IGN Insider, you can go here (http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=21586442&replies=215) for help. Make sure port 8602 is forwarded/open and your NIC cable is not in the Uplink or WAN port. For more help, visit www.xbconnect.com.