PDA

View Full Version : Are you a BUYER or a BURNER ?????????

Vteck3000
05-06-2002, 11:26 PM
This POLL is to know how many of you XBOX ADDICT FANS will be buy games, burn games ( when they will be available ) or buy them already burned.
This will help in knowing where our beloved XBOX is going in the future !!!! :cool:

GokuX
05-06-2002, 11:55 PM
Ugh.

Liquid Gears
05-06-2002, 11:59 PM
I buy em brand new. But, if I knew how to burn them and had all the hardware/software to I would.

MidniteArrow
05-07-2002, 01:40 AM
I buy. Partly because I enjoy the fact that I can just throw money around (at least when compared to the cost of a game). Mostly though, it's because someone has to support the industry, why not me?

LynxFX
05-07-2002, 02:24 AM
Burn then if it is a good game then I'll buy. I hate renting and will never step into a Blockbuster again as long as I live. :mad:

Nato King
05-07-2002, 06:13 AM
I would have to say that I am a buyer. It just feel better to have a game that you paid 49.99 for than a game that you paid nothing for.:)

GuiltySpark
05-07-2002, 07:02 AM
I only buy long games that are descent otherwise I rent. I only burn music CD's but never Games. Thats just wrong.

Afro Aura
05-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w
I would have to say that I am a buyer. It just feel better to have a game that you paid 49.99 for than a game that you paid nothing for.:)
I'm with you mate and if you don't like it you can get a refund so they're no problem there:D
and as MidniteArrow said to support the industry

FuNkY mOnK
05-07-2002, 08:08 AM
There’s an article in this months OXM where seamus blackly explains about how developers make and don’t make a profit on games. It’s pretty sad from an analysts point of view. I say support these guys and buy.

terrapin
05-07-2002, 08:55 AM
I am a avid about being a "buyer." Burned games are just weak. Also by buying games you are doing your job in ridding the world of bad games.

Brevity
05-07-2002, 09:21 AM
Burn baby Burn

LINKINPARK8591
05-07-2002, 09:23 AM
if you but it then there are more chances that it will for you i'm not saying that i wont messup but there is less chance of that happening..............if it's bought frm a store.............

FuNkY mOnK
05-07-2002, 09:25 AM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!

terrapin
05-07-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by LINKINPARK8591
if you but it then there are more chances that it will for you i'm not saying that i wont messup but there is less chance of that happening..............if it's bought frm a store.............

If ozzy were a poster on these boards I imagine his posts to be like this.

Plewis
05-07-2002, 09:29 AM
i am a buyer... partly because I dont know how to burn xbox games... and mostly because I want to support ms. They need this right now with nintendo and sony competing... if we can get it down to just 1 other competor preferrably sony... because then nintendo would make some classics for us... i might CONSIDER burning games... but its just not the time right now.

Brevity
05-07-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by terrapin

If ozzy were a poster on these boards I imagine his posts to be like this. .
Dude I laughed my ars off at that comment. I watch that show sometimes and your right. LP note to you "dont be high while posting"

SkoalMint
05-07-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by terrapin

If ozzy were a poster on these boards I imagine his posts to be like this.

SHARONNNNNNNN

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 11:26 AM
I buy. I can't find one moral reason to burn a game and play it, therefore, benefitting from the sweat of the eyebrows of the developers who made the game and, yet, not pay for their hard work. To anyone that burns games and doesn't buy: Buy the games, you'll learn to appreciate them more.

Duke
05-07-2002, 11:36 AM
Can't say I've never copied anything. Can't really defend the ones I have.

The only time I've really ever played burned games, they were ones I wouldn't have bought.

Maybe If I didn't want to but them, I shouldn't have played them, but whatever.

Can say that I'm against pirating Xbox games. Wouldn't use one if I had the chance.

terrapin
05-07-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
I buy. I can't find one moral reason to burn a game and play it, therefore, benefitting from the sweat of the eyebrows of the developers who made the game and, yet, not pay for their hard work. To anyone that burns games and doesn't buy: Buy the games, you'll learn to appreciate them more.

"you'll learn to appreciate them more" Well said. Too bad the trend is the opposite with video games becoming more of commodity.

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 12:05 PM
I buy original games such as brute force, halo, project ego, hunter, etc. That actually are worth the $50 paid. I am a strong advocator against ports though, I think they ruin the image of the xbox and what it can do. I will burn games such as bloodwake, shreck, and really any other port. These games are shipped below par and aren't worth my $50! No one can argue if its right morally but I don't loose any sleep over it! Morality is also based differently from person to person. If everyone did the same thing as me, ports will soon start to be improved. We don't have to accept weak games and our strongest power against this industy is our money, so spend it for who and what you want to support!

so to sum it up:
I will buy good games
burn ports, and crap games!

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I buy original games such as brute force, halo, project ego, hunter, etc. That actually are worth the $50 paid. I am a strong advocator against ports though, I think they ruin the image of the xbox and what it can do. I will burn games such as bloodwake, shreck, and really any other port. These games are shipped below par and aren't worth my $50! No one can argue if its right morally but I don't loose any sleep over it! Morality is also based differently from person to person. If everyone did the same thing as me, ports will soon start to be improved. We don't have to accept weak games and our strongest power against this industy is our money, so spend it for who and what you want to support!

so to sum it up:
I will buy good games
burn ports, and crap games!

bryanhls...while I hear what you're saying, I still don't know why you would be interested in burning ports and "crappy games" if you don't like them :confused:

Hugh_Jass
05-07-2002, 12:34 PM
I buy. I don't think it's difficult to justify $50 for a game considering the price of non-interactive entertainment such as movies or cable TV.

GokuX
05-07-2002, 12:39 PM
People usually don't burn to play the bad games or to make backups, they're gonna be burning so they don't have to pay $50 to play Halo 2. It's funny when people sugar coat it.

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

bryanhls...while I hear what you're saying, I still don't know why you would be interested in burning ports and "crappy games" if you don't like them :confused:

just to see what they are about....come on like you never wanted to see kabuki warriors just to see why it was so bad! I don't go to blockbuster and want to rent shreck but I would like to see it in action atleast, not necessairly to engulf myself in it and play it all the way though, just to check it out!

Its cool I respect everyones decision, that is just how I feel! I don't make enough to enjoy all the games I want. We all live with dishonesty in our lives and to be honest this issue isn't really a big deal to me. I just love games and want to play all that I can get my hands on, is that wrong? I am being honest with you guys! I am sure people in here that are "avid game buyers" go home and burn the games tonight. I might be dishonest in some ways but the the most important time I want to be honest is when I speak because that is how people percieve me.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 12:52 PM

just to see what they are about....come on like you never wanted to see kabuki warriors just to see why it was so bad! I don't go to blockbuster and want to rent shreck but I would like to see it in action atleast, not necessairly to engulf myself in it and play it all the way though, just to check it out!

Its cool I respect everyones decision, that is just how I feel! I don't make enough to enjoy all the games I want. We all live with dishonesty in our lives and to be honest this issue isn't really a big deal to me. I just love games and want to play all that I can get my hands on, is that wrong? I am being honest with you guys! I am sure people in here that are "avid game buyers" go home and burn the games tonight. I might be dishonest in some ways but the the most important time I want to be honest is when I speak because that is how people percieve me.

Well, dude...one thing is for sure, I am not accusing you of being dishonest...I was just curious to why you would want to burn "crappy" games and/or ports if you don't like them. And, you answered by saying that you just want to fulfill your curiosity about why they are bad or just to fulfill your curiosity in general. Thanks! That's all I was curious about :)

But, to me, I'm not curious about Kabuki Warriors...I'd rather play a good game than bother. But, that's just me :)

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
People usually don't burn to play the bad games or to make backups, they're gonna be burning so they don't have to pay $50 to play Halo 2. It's funny when people sugar coat it.

I feel this this post was kinda directed at me. I told you where I stand on the issue, and to be honest this is such a little issue to me I could care less, this ranks up there with which color the towels my girl picks out! MS is a multi-bizillion dollar company, by me taking a game that I would never buy or rent in the first place and by burning it they loose nothing!

To speculate that I am going to be burning other "good" games that come out, well I told you were I stand so, take it for what you want!

and if m$ was smart they would include a product key for all online games so that burning the game will be worthless anywayz.....

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 01:21 PM

and if m$ was smart they would include a product key for all online games so that burning the game will be worthless anywayz.....

They probably will. I'm sure Microsoft is quite aware of the breaking news and has a team on it as we speak. :)

Vteck3000
05-07-2002, 04:19 PM
Well it's good to know that most you guys want to support the hard working developer. I hope that other XBOX communities will feel the same way as we feel here at XBOX ADDICT.
The future of XBOX is in our hands and hopefully we won't destroy it by taking advantage of little things like that.
:cool: