PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind ANSWERS

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Hello, I've been reading non-stop about this game for the last week so I know quite a bit about it, well, as much as I can without having played it. I will try to answer any questions you all may have about it from what I've learned so far.

Let me tell you this. I am absolutely stoked to get this game. Ever since I was a kind I've dreamed about a game that could take me to another world, both visually and emotionally, I truely think that this is the first game of that calibur. At least, from the openendedness to the sheer magnitude of the game I think that Morrowind stands a solid chance of realizing that notion I had as a kid. Hopefully this game will be the beginning of many more to come.

Heres some random info to get you all hot and bothered.

>>>4 classes to choose from

>>You choose your class either by taking a detailed questionaire of sorts, or you choose yourself.

>>>Upwards of 200 hrs of original gameplay (Probably more from what I'm hearing)

>>>True openendedness, if you don't like a quest, don't do it, go do whatever the hell you want to.

>>>The sky changes from day to dusk, to night to dawn. Sunrises, sunsets. The moon comes out at night (The moons I should say) There are dust storms, lightning and thunder storms that should rock your world on the xbox with 5.1.

>>>3,400 NPC's. Not including monsters and the such.

>>>Vampirism. Yes, you can become a vampire. Your appearance changes, you can only go out at night without taking a serious health risk, and you can only cure it once. So once you cure it, you can never go back. Choices, choices.

>>>Shipwrecks in the ocean.

I'll start with that.

Night all.

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 12:47 AM
Forgot some stuff.

>>>>>>>>>Release date: May 15th ships, should get it AT LEAST by the 17th. A Xbox rep. suggests you preorder it, as they may not have enough when it comes out. I find this reasonable because the PC version is selling so well that it is hyping up the XBOX version. The more preorders people make, the more the publishers think it will sell, and viola! More games will be shipped to meet the demand.

>>>The Xbox version will not have the level editor. Fine by me. Too much time anyways. But it will have however large of tv you have. And for those of us without supercomputers, the box is a pretty good choice. Most of the PC gamers who have this game are getting the box version as well because they just cant resist playing from the comfort of their couch with a badass soundsystem and a viewing area larger than the typical 15' to 17' inch screen.

>>>It is almost done testing with Microsoft quality assuance, so its almost gaurunteed that it will go gold in time for the May 15th shipping date.

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 12:55 AM
Ok, one more!!

The PC version has been fairly stable with the higher end computers, and I'm talking the HIGHER END COMPS. This game pushes the current specs, so plan on upgrading if you want the PC and can't at least meet the minimum specs. Ahhhh...glory be the xbox. Love that little bugger.

Radar
05-07-2002, 09:27 AM
You've got some stuff wrong. Their are way more classes then 4 to choose from, in fact, you can make your own custom class. There are about 12-16 pre made classes.

Radar
05-07-2002, 11:37 AM
I'll post it here too.

There are 21 pre-made classes.

Go here for the details!

21 Classes... (http://www.morrowindchronicles.com/library_classes.html)

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Thanks Radar. Like I said, I would tell all I know about the game, which isn't everything, but its enough to get people interested or answer a few questions.

21 classes!?? Damn, thats quite a bit, happy to hear that one.

Keep the info coming.

Radar
05-07-2002, 04:05 PM
I guess if you can't the billions of combinations of custom classes you COULD make, you can say there are billions of different classes you can create with a unique combination of major/minor skills...

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 04:16 PM
News; This game will not be shipping until the 20th of May. Its on EB games for that date, and another poster who preordered it said they sent him an email notice saying the same thing.

Kind of a bummer, but all those PC guys are beta testing OUR Xbox game. So, not all that bad, at least it hasn't been delayed for a month or so more like it has been already.

Peace.

preetz16
05-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Englishguy
News; This game will not be shipping until the 20th of May. Its on EB games for that date, and another poster who preordered it said they sent him an email notice saying the same thing.

Kind of a bummer, but all those PC guys are beta testing OUR Xbox game. So, not all that bad, at least it hasn't been delayed for a month or so more like it has been already.

Peace.

Dude...never, never, NEVER trust what EB says. All of those damn sites do nothing but project possible release dates. More than likely they have been catching a lot of crap lately for how badly they project these dates and are saying the 20th so when it comes on the 15th everyone'll be happy.

Remember, EB insisted for months on end that Morrowind would be here in mid-Feburary.

preetz16
05-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Englishguy

>>>Shipwrecks in the ocean.

I knew all the rest, but this I didn't. That's really cool!

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Quote:

Dude...never, never, NEVER trust what EB says. All of those damn sites do nothing but project possible release dates. More than likely they have been catching a lot of crap lately for how badly they project these dates and are saying the 20th so when it comes on the 15th everyone'll be happy.

End Quote.

Good point man. Forgot about EB being all screwed up on the release dates of games. I do honestly hope that it gets released on the 15th, and that EB is wrong. And based on their track record, I think that could be a possibility.

Thanks for the heads up.

Peace

Englishguy
05-08-2002, 01:48 AM
Here are some Links with MUCHO information and such on morrownd.

http://forums.gamespot.zdnet.com/group/zd.Games/gamespot/gamespotnt.tpt/@thread@106378@F@1@D-,D@ALL/@article@mark@106378?EXP=ALL&VWM=&ROS=1&OC=300

another, this one contains info from the OFFICIAL REVIEWER from Gamespot, so if any of you are waiting for that it will be out friday. Check out what he says, about three posts down.

http://forums.gamespot.zdnet.com/group/zd.Games/gamespot/gamespotnt.tpt/@thread@106217@F@1@D-,D@ALL/@article@mark@106217?EXP=ALL&VWM=&ROS=1&OC=300

One more, this one from someone on Hometheaterforum.com

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=67819

frog11983
05-08-2002, 01:32 PM
Does any one know if you steer the ship, or if you pay someone to take you somewhere? It would be really cool if you could steer the ship yourself, imagine exploring all around the island...

Englishguy
05-09-2002, 02:07 AM
c'mon people!! I need a Morrow Fix man. I just got's ta have it. Give me some stories or info or somethin!