PDA

View Full Version : xbox hacked *retail version*

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 10:13 AM
finally the impossible has been done! Verified to work, can get off of IRC

here (http://www.isonews.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76969)

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 10:25 AM
oh yeah heres the chip

chip (http://www.xboxmods.co.uk/)

Brevity
05-07-2002, 10:26 AM
What or where is IRC????????IRC

smashnp934
05-07-2002, 10:37 AM
Patience. Yes, it is a good song by Guns & Roses. But more importantly, it describes why I do not need a mod. I have patience for releases in the U.S. And NO, I do not want to play any games that are just Japanese/Eu Releases.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 10:39 AM
My nephew burned all 24 of the possible XBox games off of IRC last night. He's not one to pirate games or anything, however, he just wanted to see if it were possible. Like a good kid, he destroyed the disks, but, by the way, it can definately be done.

Brevity
05-07-2002, 10:41 AM
D*nmit MAX what is IRC...

Brevity
05-07-2002, 10:45 AM
And did they work...or do you need a mod chip.

smashnp934
05-07-2002, 10:48 AM
Like a good kid...

Well he should quit school and work for State Farm Insurance then...cause remember: "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there..."

LoL.

Why would he burn ALL 24.? Couldn't he prove his point with one?

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure if he needed a mod chip or what...but, he just simply shoved in a CD-R, not even a CD-RW, and burned them off of IRC and it worked.

By the way, IRC is a very in-depth chat site. People burn movies that aren't even released yet on DVD, or in many cases, haven't even reached the theatre! They have copies of them on IRC. It's crazy and, personally, I don't want any part of it :)

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by smashnp934
Like a good kid...

Well he should quit school and work for State Farm Insurance then...cause remember: "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there..."

LoL.

Why would he burn ALL 24.? Couldn't he prove his point with one?

He wanted to see if all of them would work. And, in that process, he wanted to know if some didn't work and which ones they were...however, in the process, he found out that all of them worked.

He's a "good kid" in that he doesn't believe that pirating is a good thing. Personally, I think it's stealing and I would, morally, have a problem doing it myself...and, I think he shares the same mentality.

JohnB
05-07-2002, 11:03 AM
mIRC is the home and meeting of all piraters, homos, pediophiles, you name it... I used to serve a lot of ripped/iso crap a long time ago, but I'm done with that now. I just get more satisfaction out of buying things, and there are too many lamers on mirc.

Radar
05-07-2002, 11:25 AM
How can you fit a potentially 9 gig game (using DVD 9) onto a 700 meg CD-R and have it work in the xbox? It doesn't make sense to me unless there is no audio or cutscenes in the game...

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 11:26 AM
don't know about the mod chip I have heard both ways.

here is a link on some good discussions
link (http://www.isonews.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=40)

www.xboxhacker.net forums under cd, media has alot of info

here is a link to the games released as of yet
here (http://www.ps2-news.org/index.php?_site=17&_subsite=0)

JohnB
05-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Radar
How can you fit a potentially 9 gig game (using DVD 9) onto a 700 meg CD-R and have it work in the xbox? It doesn't make sense to me unless there is no audio or cutscenes in the game...

Good question that I cannot answer. Something has to be up. The graphics have to be toned down, or some stuff is left out.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 11:29 AM

Well, when my nephew burned the games (if you read above, he destroyed them since he doesn't believe in pirating), Halo took two discs. He said that Halo required two gigs of data.

He just wanted to see if it could be done and which ones would work and which ones wouldn't work. He discovered that all of them worked...24 in all. I'm proud of him in that he destroyed them because pirating games presents no moral justification.

Radar
05-07-2002, 11:30 AM
I remember an announcement regarding Halo that they just added something like 768 megs of music to the game. That's more then a CD-R can hold right there, and that's just their music...

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 11:33 AM

ok I have anwsered this a hundred times but here goes....NO game takes up that much space. The larger games such as Halo will more then likely need to be burned on dvd+RW but other ports and smaller games will be able to be burned to cd-rw. If programmers try to fill the space with jibberish, hackers can easily remove it to fit on a cd-r. All ps2 games can be burnt to a cd-r thus all ports will be burnable on a cd-r, and some of the larger games, such a halo and brute force will most likly require a dvd+rw.....plus anyone who dosn't pay $50 for Halo is really pathetic. I don't do this to steal games, I am still buying my games. But if they are going to release crappy ports, just to push a profit, I am not forking over my hard earned cash!

Radar
05-07-2002, 11:36 AM
OK...I was just wondering and had not seen your previous 99 posts regarding the topic. :)

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 11:41 AM
OK...I was just wondering and had not seen your previous 99 posts regarding the topic. :)

no problem dude! I not trying to be an ass it just kinda happens sometimes, no hard feelings!:confused:

Radar
05-07-2002, 11:55 AM
No problem... I suffer from the same condition but am trying to get it under control. :D

Kraft
05-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Im actually trying to turn being an ass into a new hobby of mine. Its coming along pretty well so far.

by the way, I hate you all.

iliveonafarm
05-07-2002, 12:13 PM
I heard somewhere that the PS2 was cracked a while ago. Some guy was trying to sell me burned games and showed me a site where they sold a mod chip. If this is true then Gamecube will be the only uncracked system. I dunno if this is gonna have a big impact on the Xbox cause PS1 was cracked and games were easy to burn but they still sold alot

Josh

Kraft
05-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by iliveonafarm
I heard somewhere that the PS2 was cracked a while ago. Some guy was trying to sell me burned games and showed me a site where they sold a mod chip. If this is true then Gamecube will be the only uncracked system. I dunno if this is gonna have a big impact on the Xbox cause PS1 was cracked and games were easy to burn but they still sold alot

Josh

Yeah, this was discussed on another one of the 5 or 6 threads that appeared about this subject simultaneously. Concensus seems to be that its probably not going to affect it a whole lot. I will continue to buy games for a number of reasons:

1. To support the game developers so they will create newer better games for me.
2. So I can trade them with people or trade them in on new games.
3. I, for one, am NOT going to take apart my xbox and start adding wires and crap to it. One mistake and no more xbox.
4. I love seeing all my game boxes sitting in a row on my shelf! I don't know why, but that lineup of green boxes with the game names makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Im actually trying to turn being an ass into a new hobby of mine. Its coming along pretty well so far.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA!!

Brevity
05-07-2002, 12:25 PM

Krafty baby calm down, have some fruity pebbles and recall that in your heart you really love us all. All for one and one for all ya know, FYI the "one" is a Xbox. It made for us all what the hel l am I saying ya I m with you dik I hate grrrrr every lamo person that hates stuff like musterd and cotton and tshirts with funny sayings grrr Must eat

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 12:25 PM

I feel the same way!

god that felt good?:confused:

Kraft
05-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

Krafty baby calm down, have some fruity pebbles and recall that in your heart you really love us all. All for one and one for all ya know, FYI the "one" is a Xbox. It made for us all what the hel l am I saying ya I m with you dik I hate grrrrr every lamo person that hates stuff like musterd and cotton and tshirts with funny sayings grrr Must eat

Brev... It was a joke. Obviously maxi got it :D

Brevity
05-07-2002, 12:28 PM

Brev... It was a joke. Obviously maxi got it :D

grrr and jokes

mine was too, I think, I must remember to ask myself later?

Snoopy7548
05-07-2002, 02:14 PM
hey max, dont get mad at me or anything, but i think your nephew is lying. first, theres no way he could have downloaded all games in 1 night, unless he has like t3 connection, plus, there were MAJOR queues on irc last night. also, he would need a dvd burner, because most of the games are over 700mb. halo is like 3.7 gigs, it said so in the nfo file. and the games DO NOT work on retail xboxes dude. they only work on dev. xboxes. ask ANYONE on IRC, and they will tell you that the games do not work on retail xboxes, unless u have the modchip, which isnt even released yet. oh, and i just had to add this, u said that he got halo on 2 cds? IMPOSSIBLE. its impossible to split a game up into 2 cds. also, there are more than 24 games out, theres like 40 something games out.

Kooster
05-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Why does that website say that Xboxaddict supports the mod chip? I sure dont!

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
hey max, dont get mad at me or anything, but i think your nephew is lying. first, theres no way he could have downloaded all games in 1 night, unless he has like t3 connection, plus, there were MAJOR queues on irc last night. also, he would need a dvd burner, because most of the games are over 700mb. halo is like 3.7 gigs, it said so in the nfo file. and the games DO NOT work on retail xboxes dude. they only work on dev. xboxes. ask ANYONE on IRC, and they will tell you that the games do not work on retail xboxes, unless u have the modchip, which isnt even released yet. oh, and i just had to add this, u said that he got halo on 2 cds? IMPOSSIBLE. its impossible to split a game up into 2 cds. also, there are more than 24 games out, theres like 40 something games out.

It's quite possible that he was lying. He always tries to impress me...seriously! But, when he told me this, I wasn't impressed...more like bummed.

Snoopy7548
05-07-2002, 04:02 PM
oh, lol, but im like 99% sure he was lying, cause everything he said is impossible.