PDA

View Full Version : heres my GTA 3 thread

DIGITAL
05-07-2002, 10:28 AM
i know you guys are sick of these thread s but its coming this winter , Mafia Gangsters and Hitman Get Facelifts for XBOX!
AH Grand Theft Auto III, the game fans love to hate for not being shown. Well, the game is definitely on the way and its set to be a looker this holiday season. The original GTAIII looked pretty damn nice, for the PS2. However, when you pit that game against the likes of Midtown Madness, Crazy Taxi 3, and Rallisport; well it's like sticking an AMC Eagle into a showroom full of Ferraris. Take Two noticed this little discrepancy, and has spent the last six months tuning up their little bundle of controversy for the XBOX. Vertex Shading, Bump Mapping, Reflection Mapping expect the full range of XBOX enhancements when the game finally ships.
:eek:

JJaX
05-07-2002, 10:35 AM
Thats F'n Great news man! I cant wait for this F'n game!
I was really considering buying a goonstation Dew for this game.

Sweet........

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 10:37 AM
Hey Digital....while I wasn't planning on replying to another GTA3 thread, you actually mentioned something that is definately worth replying to. I'm curious, is there a credible source supporting the fact that the GTA3 for the XBox is going to be enhanced? :)

Brevity
05-07-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Hey Digital....while I wasn't planning on replying to another GTA3 thread, you actually mentioned something that is definately worth replying to. I'm curious, is there a credible source supporting the fact that the GTA3 for the XBox is going to be enhanced? :)
Thats my Q too, I really dont want the same old thing......Give me somethin new. AND NOT JUST GRAPHICS

coolerf150
05-07-2002, 11:05 AM
This game is going to rock...it was one of the most exciting games on my ps2...
I know that the x box will take it to the next leavel....

We all will have fun playing this action filled game!!:p

Duke
05-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Played on PS2, didn't really live up to the hype, but I had fun.

Don't see myself buying on Xbox, there's too many other games coming out.

MOlsen
05-07-2002, 11:36 AM
Well, it would definately be good for the Xbox vs PS2 debates if it did come out. But, my feeling is that GTA3 was mis-rated, and badly so. This game should definately be AO, not M. I'd say the same thing about State of Emergency. It is this exact game, and games like it, that get the entire industry in trouble. The current rating system is a joke, because at the end of the day, it is all about $. That's ok, but the developers who write this kind of stuff must realize that if they continue down this path, they are going to get busted by the "God Squad" at some point. And it doesn't do any good ranting and raving about the evils of censorship or whatever. Push the limit too far, and they're going to get busted. It's just a fact of politics, so deal with it.

So they can improve the graphics ok, but beware ...

JJaX
05-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MOlsen
Well, it would definately be good for the Xbox vs PS2 debates if it did come out. But, my feeling is that GTA3 was mis-rated, and badly so. This game should definately be AO, not M. I'd say the same thing about State of Emergency. It is this exact game, and games like it, that get the entire industry in trouble. The current rating system is a joke, because at the end of the day, it is all about $. That's ok, but the developers who write this kind of stuff must realize that if they continue down this path, they are going to get busted by the "God Squad" at some point. And it doesn't do any good ranting and raving about the evils of censorship or whatever. Push the limit too far, and they're going to get busted. It's just a fact of politics, so deal with it.

So they can improve the graphics ok, but beware ...

They can make a game as raunchy as they want. As long as there put the proper parental advisory(rating) on the box.

I say F the God squad. If you parents would actually tell your fat dumb children reality from fiction then there wouldnt be a problem.

UltraMuffin
05-07-2002, 12:02 PM
I think video game ratings are actually more sensitive to content... Like, some Teen rated games have similar content to a PG movie... and some Mature games have the content of a PG-13 movie. Rockstar gets free publicity by making their games super controversial... and it sure seems to have worked for them... GTA III, Max Payne, State of Emergency (even if it wasn't good, I think it still sold quite a bit)... I think it's refreshing to see developers intentionally making their game controversial... and hell, who's gonne blame them for teen violence when they have Doom to blame :D

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 12:08 PM
I work part-time at an Electronics retailer and we will not sell any M-rated games to kids. If there are parents, we even make it a point to tell them about the rating scale if they don't know about it. 99% of the parents that come in and buy games aren't aware of the rating scale.

Personally, I believe there is a purpose for the rating scale, but, I do believe that retailers and game developers need to make sure to let it be known on a much wider scale that, indeed, a rating scale exists. Many parents are naive, unfortunately. This is vital, otherwise, idiotic polititians will ban the games all together and ruin it for the adults when they aren't the problem.

I also would like to commend Microsoft for adding the parental control feature on the XBox. Microsoft knows how to cover their ass.

FuNkY mOnK
05-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Well, where's the reputable source on GTA3 with enhancements for the xbox version? This is why we all get sick and tired of this *****, it’s starting to be like the fu*king loch ness monster or when people claim they see an alien ship in their backyard numerous times but never get a picture, how come someone reads this but can’t produce a simple link. Jesus Christ this p!sses me off.

HaVoK
05-07-2002, 03:16 PM
it's a cut and paste from xbox365.... it's official I guess

http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpkpyAZElFhjozUtGS

4th paragraph down

faceoff508
05-07-2002, 03:17 PM
But you cant buy it unless your over 18! Its a new law(see my thread)!

FuNkY mOnK
05-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by HaVoK
it's a cut and paste from xbox365.... it's official I guess

http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpkpyAZElFhjozUtGS

4th paragraph down
I would love to believe it, but unless you here from gamespot or gamerweb and the likes or better yet, from the developers them self’s, do your self a favor stay far away from these threads.

HaVoK
05-07-2002, 03:25 PM
oh dont worry I dont expect anything anymore..... if it makes it, it makes it.

FuNkY mOnK
05-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by HaVoK
oh dont worry I dont expect anything anymore..... if it makes it, it makes it.
Exactly, and when we finally get it, it sure is hell better have enhancements or I’ll find other uses for the disk.

E-Xbox
05-07-2002, 04:21 PM
gta 3...
if it comes...it comes
if it doesnt...it doesnt...
whats the point in wasting time debating if something is coming..
i know its a good game and all..but there are other good games out...

peace

xboxfan599
05-07-2002, 04:23 PM
i have gta3 for ps2, it rules peeps. its so awesome!

kornavs19
05-07-2002, 08:01 PM
I also would like to commend Microsoft for adding the parental control feature on the XBox. Microsoft knows how to cover their ass.

LOL MAXIMUS.
I didnt know that there was a new law out that u cant buy that if your under 18. thtas f*cked up. Im 13 but i would never do something stupid like that, my parents know that and thats y i have any rated games i want. I just hope they'll let me with tis cuz some stores might b*tch alot about this one. I hope not.
later...........:)

JohnB
05-07-2002, 08:29 PM
GTA3 is totally played out; it's like when you turn on the radio and they play the same freakin song over and over until they wear the F out of it. That's how GTA3 is.
Unless the Xbox version comes with some major enhancements in the game, it's not worth buying. I've played the game enough on my PS2. I've got enough games to look forward to for my Xbox.

DVDGNZ
05-08-2002, 03:10 AM
It might be played out for people like us that have played it already but that doesn't mean people that haven't played it shouldn't be excited about it. It is a really entertaining game! I hope it is enhanced!

doughthe1st
05-08-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i know you guys are sick of these thread s but its coming this winter , Mafia Gangsters and Hitman Get Facelifts for XBOX!
AH Grand Theft Auto III, the game fans love to hate for not being shown. Well, the game is definitely on the way and its set to be a looker this holiday season. The original GTAIII looked pretty damn nice, for the PS2. However, when you pit that game against the likes of Midtown Madness, Crazy Taxi 3, and Rallisport; well it's like sticking an AMC Eagle into a showroom full of Ferraris. Take Two noticed this little discrepancy, and has spent the last six months tuning up their little bundle of controversy for the XBOX. Vertex Shading, Bump Mapping, Reflection Mapping expect the full range of XBOX enhancements when the game finally ships.
:eek:

Sounds good to me, but I shall wait till it comes out to see for myself.:)

JJaX
05-08-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by JohnB
GTA3 is totally played out; it's like when you turn on the radio and they play the same freakin song over and over until they wear the F out of it. That's how GTA3 is.
Unless the Xbox version comes with some major enhancements in the game, it's not worth buying. I've played the game enough on my PS2. I've got enough games to look forward to for my Xbox.

How do you play out a game you dont have yet? This is a Xbox forum not a PS2 forum. Most of us here only own Xbox.

Ding Ding Ding!

doughthe1st
05-08-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

How do you play out a game you dont have yet? This is a Xbox forum not a PS2 forum. Most of us here only own Xbox.

Ding Ding Ding!

I'm with JJax on this one becuase he has a real good point.:cool:

AlBoogy
05-08-2002, 08:15 AM
If you notice on the article, he claims EVERYTHING to be rumors. Nothing more. He calls himself the hedgehog. He has many other editions of these rumors which many still have yet to be proven. So if you are into rumors and stuff like that I suggest you read the hedgehogs other editions.

BTW, I was reading some of his posts in their forums. He says that some of the rumors he lists are rumors floating around the internet. So how reliable is he really?