PDA

View Full Version : XBox Magazine [MUST READ!]

Durden-XBA
05-07-2002, 11:17 AM
It would be a HUGE help to me if any of you addicts out there could name a few other Xbox ONLY magazines OTHER THAN OXM!

I know that I've seen at least a few around in shoppes, but I seriously can't remember their Titles, or Covers. If you could reply in this thread with the name of the mag, or better yet- the name of the mag AND a link to either their site, or a site where I could purchase it, I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks so much!

Radar
05-07-2002, 11:21 AM
I think there's one called Xbox Nation.

DZNUTZ
05-07-2002, 11:22 AM
yes their is another mag by the name of XBN (Xbox nation)..but as of now it only publishes 4 issues a year and doesn't offer subscriptions. IMO OXM is leaps and bounds better anyways.

Kraft
05-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Oh, there is this one I ran across called 'KB's Wide World o' Xbox'. Email me if you want a copy I know where they can be bought at. It's only 30 dollars an issue and each issue is handwritten by the publisher (usually in crayon on mcdonalds napkins).

Durden-XBA
05-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Are there any others out there that anyone knows of? Hopefully you all can think of an additional 2-3 more? Thanks again SO much!

Brevity
05-07-2002, 12:19 PM
The best and it even has a disk is Xbox informer its brand new and not by the Game Informer peps. This months one had lots of Ego and Brute Force stuff.

Durden-XBA
05-07-2002, 12:29 PM
Where can I track down a copy? Do they have a URL anywhere?

wheatus-frog-uk
05-07-2002, 01:50 PM
Hi,

Im from the UK so i dunno if you can get these mags, or if you even want them, but these are the ones i have seen and bought.

Firstly there is the UK OXM, obv.

There is a magazine called XBM, here is the url for it:

Link to XBM (http://xbox.totalgames.net/magazines/magazinesfull.epml?magazines.REF=27)

There is the sister mag to XBM called X-Pert, here is the link to it:

Link to X-Pert (http://xbox.totalgames.net/magazines/magazinesfull.epml?magazines.REF=30)

There is also a magazine called X-Gamer, but there is no URL for this.

My personal fave. other than OXM, is X-Gamer.
XBM is very good, however most of the info contained in the magazine is on their website pretty soon after anyway. Some news in it, is never on the web however.
X-Pert is basically a mag full of cheats, Walk-thrus, etc. Most of these can also be found on their website, and slowly most of them will appear in XBM anyway.

The general link to XBM and X-Perts site, where alot fo the reviews, previews, news etc go is here:

General XBM and X-Pert site (http://xbox.totalgames.net)

hope this helps!

thanks

dan

btw - If you dont understand any of this let me know, and if the links dont work please tell me and i will post the URL, but non-clickable. (This is the first time i have posted URL's on this board.)

Brevity
05-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Every now and then I like to dabble in the disinformation trade. You like.

CALzinger
05-07-2002, 05:14 PM
yes, xbox nation is another but we have to face the facts. OXM beats all other xbox magazines with their demo disc and information.

chili325
05-07-2002, 06:58 PM
I beg to differ, xbox nation had quite a few nice articles. The one on "dead to rights" and JSRF were quite informative. I also have a mag called x-connect and saw an x-gamer one, both are british, but theyr still pretty cool. If ur like me, yall read anything with an x on it. I even have a book called 'Opening the Xbox' And its all about how microsoft got their idea for our favorite console and how it evolved. It pretty cool actually.

Durden-XBA
05-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Thanks to all those that responded. Except Brevity.

thunderkiss2k1
05-07-2002, 10:38 PM
Why are you looking for another xbox mag? Don't you like the official one?

Hugh_Jass
05-08-2002, 07:18 AM
It's not exclusively XBOX, but I've been enjoying my free subscription to EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly). They don't seem biased toward one system or another.

Nerrad529
05-09-2002, 12:54 AM
I'll stick with the official xbox magazine. I get my issues at the weirdest times though. It gives me something to read and play. It's a good reasonable price too. Late