PDA

View Full Version : Sega GT better than GT3?

MaxgamerX24
05-07-2002, 02:30 PM
Do any of you honestly think that Sega GT 2002 will look or play better than Gran Tourismo 3?

JJaX
05-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Yes, yes i do. Its a year newer, it better be

silvertrace
05-07-2002, 02:34 PM
i voted for GT3 but i think the game that raised the bar is Project Gotham...........question is, will either of these look as good as that:eek:

BTW, welcome to the forums Maxgamer, stay awhile:cool:

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure about Sega GT since it hasn't been released yet, but, I must admit, I'm extremely bored with GTA3. I prefer Rallisport Challenge any day :)

Unreal
05-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by MaxgamerX24
Do any of you honestly think that Sega GT 2002 will look or play better than Gran Tourismo 3?
Thats a hard one to vote on. As of now Sega GT 2002 looks better then GT3 but looks is not everything. I am and was a huge Sega fan hence my large DC library but Sega has there work cut out for them. If they manage to work on everything that was wrong with Sega GT (DC) then they will have a great chance in taking the crown from Sony.

MaxgamerX24
05-07-2002, 02:45 PM
I think that Sega GT has a chance to be great. But since it is kind of new to the game, it may not blow out Gran Tourismo right away.

HaVoK
05-07-2002, 03:09 PM
I think I'm the only person in the world who liked the original sega gt! but to answer the question...YES i think it's going to be a racing fans dream come true... I cant wait for more details on it

LynxFX
05-07-2002, 03:13 PM
I think Sega GT will be plus it is another game rumored to support High Definition. We can only hope.

Test Drive is the other racing game I'm looking forward too, again rumored to support HD.

Unreal
05-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by HaVoK
I think I'm the only person in the world who liked the original sega gt! but to answer the question...YES i think it's going to be a racing fans dream come true... I cant wait for more details on it
I liked Sega GT (DC) but I found the tracks too short and there was not enough cars to race in (higher end cars). E3 should shed some light on whats in Sega GT 2002.

Xaminor
05-07-2002, 04:58 PM
Are you people even taking into consideration that there are three downloadable versions (one is online) of Sega GT 2002? It looks at least as good, it will have more tracks/cars /upgrades after all of the versions (maybe even after the first), it is online, and game play is a matter of opinion. I like the game play of both franchises, but I feel the game play of RS is better than both. I would have to go with Sega GT 2002 being online and all.

Spaztic
05-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm not sure about Sega GT since it hasn't been released yet, but, I must admit, I'm extremely bored with GTA3. I prefer Rallisport Challenge any day :)

Dude I totally agree, after being plagued with games that focus on street racing Rallisport Challenge is a game that has personally raised the bar to what a good quaility game needs, and should be! I really can't enjoy anything less!

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

Dude I totally agree, after being plagued with games that focus on street racing Rallisport Challenge is a game that has personally raised the bar to what a good quaility game needs, and should be! I really can't enjoy anything less!

Exactly, bud! Racing on the street only goes as far as the pavement does...Rallisport Challenge is so much more fun! Don't get me wrong, I really do like Project Gotham Racing, but, after awhile, I just want to plow through the building or something so I can get out on some country roads or go off road! :D

CALzinger
05-07-2002, 05:07 PM
i liked gran turismo's graphics, but the driving physics threw me off, honestly though, i think gran turismo can be better than sega's gt

Kortiz
05-07-2002, 05:41 PM
from what i seen in the pics they have available, i think it will be better. the DC version was awesome, the gameplay was VERY good. the graphics were par but on xbox you will get both graphics and gameplay....i know that for sure

im also stoked about the new set up of how you work in your garage at ur house.....that looks unique and the graphics will be there......what else.......it will be GT3 redone by sega, the cars will be there...hte graphics will be there and the gameplay will be there if it is anything like the DC version

yuppers im a get it

wweomaniac
05-07-2002, 05:43 PM
GT3 just because. the thing is...

I don't think Sega Gt is suppose to be anyting like GT3.

you played a career in GT3 and could upgrade your car and all. It was like a race/simulation. I don't think Sega is trying to do that.

Mr Blonde
05-08-2002, 10:29 AM
If it is intended to compete with GT3 (I hope so) then there is absolutely no point in releasing it if it's inferior as far as I'm concerned.

I'm most intrested in the car physics being a time trialer from GT3, any info on this?