PDA

View Full Version : Xbox, PS2 price drop imminent?

faceoff508
05-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Both Microsoft and Sony are expected to announce price drops at the upcoming E3.

According to Reuters, price cuts for the Xbox and the PlayStation 2 will be announced at this year's E3. Microsoft recently cut the price of the Xbox in Australia by $135, and shortly thereafter the company dropped the price of the European Xbox console by $154, sparking sales in both territories. Sony slashed the price of the Japanese PlayStation 2 late last year to compete with the launches of the GameCube and the Xbox. A European PlayStation 2 price drop that lowered the price by $90 was announced three months later. The North American price cut for both the Xbox and the PlayStation 2 is expected to lower the price of the systems from $299 to $199.
Officials from Microsoft and Sony were unavailable for comment on the price drop as of press time. We'll have more details as they become available.

From GAMESPOT

DZNUTZ
05-07-2002, 02:54 PM
hey faceoff...not trying to be a jerk...just wanted to mention..your posting severall new threads of ones that already exist. i try to scan the first 3 pages of the forums to make sho i don't dup stuff...of course it will still happen from time to time...but i just think we should all make a concience effort ..so these forums don't get all cluttered. especially with all of are new txb members!!!:)

faceoff508
05-07-2002, 02:57 PM
I know that I just thought more people would believe it, if it came from a gaming site! Cause some people didnt believe it in the first one!!