PDA

View Full Version : Raw is War fans, Wrestling fans, etc., THIS IS A MUST-READ! BREAKING NEWS!

Maxthndr
10-01-2001, 02:03 PM
This is just a must-read for all televised wrestling fans in general (as wwf, wcw, and ecw are all owned by wwf):

I just logged onto WWF.COM, and noticed that on the left headline image that at the bottom, it had "RAW" in the little titantron cage (ya know, the thing in the RAW logo). I thought to myself, why isn't it RAW IS WAR, like the logo should be? Then I'm like, wuteva, I think I saw it like that once or twice before. Anyway, I click the image and it takes me to the RAW preview screen. At the top, where it has the banner with the fans and stuff, it has a wut I believe is a new RAW logo, in which there is no RAW IS WAR titantron thing and no "IS WAR" add-on. It's just RAW in a firey font. This leads me to believe that WWF decided to remove the "WAR" reference do to the current series of events. The question now is, will they change the game's title? I have a mixed opinion on that topic, though. On one hand, they didn't change SMACKDOWN: JUST BRING IT's logo, even though the SMACKDOWN logo changed. On the other hand, this is a serious matter, which I think the WWF has to take into consideration, as they can be brought to court (right?) due to the war reference in the title. I would love to have yet another laugh at the JUSTBRONIES of sd3 for having an outdated logo, as oppose to a new RAW logo. Please share your thoughts!

Maxthndr
10-01-2001, 02:20 PM
Here are some pictures:

http://www.wwf.com/images/splash/1083799

^Take a look at the lower, left-hand corner. Just RAW. Also, inside the image, look at the background. On top it says RAW. Beneath it, it doesn't it say "IS WAR", but instead, a backwards "RAW" (By backwards RAW, I mean the letters in the word are facing the opposite direction). Coincidence? I think not.

http://www.wwf.com/images/10657

^Hmmm. Take a look at the left side. RAW IS WAR? Nope. Just RAW.

http://www.wwf.com/television/raw

^Read the article. Everywhere RAW IS WAR should be, It's just RAW. A 3-Way coincidence? Naw!

STEPHEN, please post a message on the home page about this. You can try to make this exclusive!

Maxthndr
10-01-2001, 02:45 PM
If there were a "Yet more news" section, I would place this post there, but since there isn't, I will post it here. On 2 other notes, THQ's RAW mini-site has been redirected to a THQ preview page and GAMESTOP and BABBAGES have both changed RAW's release date to DECEMBER the 10th (of this year, until further notice).

The following is a joke:

This news may force STD into a comma, so please call 911 to his address. Thank You.

Aaron
10-01-2001, 03:19 PM
I dont see what any of this has to do with xbox...... people have been calling it RAW for a while now. As for RIW for xbox, its not delayed and its slated for launch

Maxthndr
10-01-2001, 03:29 PM
This actually does have to do with xbox. First of all, people might have been calling it RAW for a while now, but WWF.COM has always called it RAW IS WAR, until now that is. If they changed the name to just RAW due to the recent events, you can bet that the name of the game will be changed as well. If the name of the game does in fact get changed, a delay will be necessary, which would coincide with GAMESTOP and BABBAGES changing the release dates on their sites and THQ temporarily (or permanently) removing the RAW mini-site. Now you may think I'm just plain stupid and delete this post, but I know for sure that last week, it said RAW IS WAR on WWF.COM, and not just RAW. What that means is, this was a recent development, and may have been as recent as today. So, how about you guys wait at most a week and see. I'll watch RAW tonight and post tomorrow if they give any details as to why there is (if there is) a name change.

Aaron
10-01-2001, 03:31 PM
Look how far away launch is. To change a few banners and signs wont take that long. A delay wont happen

LatexMantus
10-01-2001, 03:35 PM
they better not delay that game, i'll have to go poke 'em with a stick that has doggy poop on it if they change that release date.

as for the changing of the name of the show, it was expected. i was surprised they didn't do it immediately, but late is better than never. i never liked the title Raw is War anyways, it seemed kinda lame.

they could possibly change the title of the game box, but how many books and DVD's have they produced? if this game is in heavy production, gone gold, then it would be a pain to change. but if it's still in developement, then it's no big deal to change to simply WWF RAW. they would have to change some in game stuff, but that is about it. whether this would push back the release date is questionable since they still have a month and a half to release the game, which should be enough time to make the changes.

personally, i think the PC (politically correct) thing to do would be to change the game name, BUT, production and release dates could hamper this. i give it a 60% chance that the game name will change for release, only because these games are played by kids and this audience has those illogical people called parents.

Aaron
10-01-2001, 03:38 PM
WWF Raw Is War has yet to go gold. Changing a few things will be minor and simple. I doubt it will affect the launch date at all

Maxthndr
10-01-2001, 03:40 PM
I don't think launch date will be affected either, but what about those 2 minor things I pointed out earlier?

Aaron
10-01-2001, 03:42 PM
Which were? I dont see them anywhere

Maxthndr
10-01-2001, 03:44 PM
The change in launch date at GAMESTOP and BABBAGES and the disappearance of the RIW mini-site?

Aaron
10-01-2001, 03:48 PM
Simple mistakes. It WONT be delayed. Those sites also list the GPU clock speed at 250 mhz, that right there shows their position in the world

cvking
10-01-2001, 04:07 PM
i have a real big feeling they will delay it....i havent seen anything on the game besides those pics....not much info! i say they will delay it for maybe a month...hopefully im wrong

dolphaholic
10-01-2001, 09:18 PM
I am a huge wrestling fan. So, I was checking out prowrestling.com the other day...and they did confirm that the WWF is changing it from Raw Is War to just Raw. Better if you ask me.

LatexMantus
10-01-2001, 10:12 PM
i just finished watching WWF Raw, and all the War part is gone. there were a few times that someone mistakenly sad Raw Is War, but those were just mistakes.

BUT, the new second part of the show is called Raw Zone! ack!

Maxthndr
10-02-2001, 10:54 AM
Yeh, you could really tell it wasn't prepared for. In the intro, instead of just deleting IS WAR, they deleted it and stretched out RAW to full screen, it looked really bad. Also, the RAW ZONE thing, that's just stupid. Hopefully they'll make new logos (and names- RAW ZONE?) before RAW launches, or else we'll be stuck with RAW ZONE and pixelated logos. I also hope they make a totally new stage setup, that would be great!

LatexMantus
10-02-2001, 12:44 PM
i think the idea with Raw Zone is that it goes with their ShopZone name. money money money.

but even the ring mat covers were just using a WWF logo, no WWF Raw one.

i hope they do a complete set redesign. they redid Smackdown and that set wasn't even very old. but they really need to redo the Raw set.

Xboxmaster2001
10-02-2001, 04:01 PM
they prolly changed it because most people say WWF RAW nobody i know says im gona go home and watch wwf raw is war they either say raw or wwf raw

rawiswar
10-02-2001, 05:42 PM
Why are you guys discussing the name and not the game. When I get Raw or RIW, I will care less what the name is. The bigger issue is the release date. I want to believe Funionz because I've been drooling over this game since it was announced it spring. I to don't think it will be delayed. But it's not going to be out at launch, either. It'll probably be released a couple weeks after launch (late November).

cvking
10-02-2001, 07:57 PM
no as of right now it's a launch title...when i went to preorder my bundle RIW was on the list...but i really have a feeling it's going to be delayed:(