PDA

View Full Version : Customized Xboxes

MaxgamerX24
05-07-2002, 05:57 PM
I think it was the May issue of OXM when they featured custom made Xboxes. They were awsome, I was going to paint mine but was a little skeptical because I didnt want to skrew up a $300 system. I wound up painting my controllers, one gold and one white. I am curious did any of you try to customize your systems?

Laxeph
05-07-2002, 06:01 PM
I know that many people did. I haven't my self. But now that I can get controllers for $10, I think that I will buy one and try it.

l Maximus l
05-07-2002, 06:02 PM
This has been posted before, however, it's okay since you are new.

There were a few that did, but, no one that I am aware of was actually bold enough to paint their XBox. They also did their controllers and they turned out pretty nice.

To be dead honest, I wouldn't do it myself, however, if I were ever going to do it, I'd rather paint the console instead of the controllers since the paint on controllers could start loosening up and break down and you could wind up having paint all over your hands from excess sweat or someting :o

cookiecaper
05-07-2002, 06:04 PM
I haven't customized any of my systems, but it's not hard to paint one. Just take off the cover, paint it, and put it back on (you might want run a grounding strip from a temporary cardboard that you store it's guts inside while your painting the cover).

Taking off the cover voids the warranty, however.

If you're still too cowardly to do it yourself, www.colorconsoles.com offers a similar service.

LynxFX
05-07-2002, 06:08 PM
I'm one that is going to be bold and paint the Xbox cover, in a classy way of course. ;) I just have been waiting for time and the weather to get nice. I have to do multiple layers and it has either been too cold outside or I didn't have time.

I'll definately post pics though.