PDA

View Full Version : Why is Project Ego so hyped already?

Monga
05-07-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm just wondering why Project Ego is so hyped. I really hope it will be good, but i don't see what leads people here to believe that Project Ego will be "changing the RPG Genre completely". I see the graphics...they are good, and also the idea of growing older during the game is a nice idea, but does anyone know the combat style, the skill developments, or any other departments of RPG's. Thanks!

Plewis
05-07-2002, 07:14 PM
what part of Phily u from? I lived in Newtown Sq. for about 3 years:)

HaVoK
05-07-2002, 07:19 PM
it's real time combat I belive, but I'm not really sure about the rest. Well that and it is supposed to be open ended to the point of being like living a second life!

Xaminor
05-07-2002, 07:22 PM
The fact that Peter Molyneaux is behind the game, and the fact that it can only be done on Xbox (according to Peter) is a good start.

Monga
05-07-2002, 07:23 PM
I see what you're saying about how you're living in an open breathing world, but when people on forums debate on consoles, they tend to say stuff like "We got Project Ego". Sure we do, but do we know its gonna be that great? I just hope people don't get their hopes up to high, or they could set themselves up for a huge disappointment. But im not discounting the fact that it won't be amazin!

Monga
05-07-2002, 07:23 PM
I see what you're saying about how you're living in an open breathing world, but when people on forums debate on consoles, they tend to say stuff like "We got Project Ego". Sure we do, but do we know its gonna be that great? I just hope people don't get their hopes up too high, or they could set themselves up for a huge disappointment. But im not discounting the fact that it won't be amazin!

Xaminor
05-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Well Halo didn't disappoint as I really don't think Brute Force will neither, but this is the game (PE) I bought an Xbox for first and foremost.

FuNkY mOnK
05-07-2002, 07:51 PM
I wouldn’t worry too much this team has an outstanding track record, check out BC also from the same creators, this will be the year of the xbox.BC (http://www.xboxmagonline.com/xbox/reviews/b/reviews-bc.html)

Nato King
05-07-2002, 08:23 PM
This is what I know and think about Project Ego.

You can take the path of light and become a goody two-shoes. You have a life to live, so I think you can build a house, or even a castle. Even behind closed doors, you'll be able to sire children and ensure your line. Or you can run around murdering till your heart's black as coal. If the xbox ever needed a reason to have a hard-drive, then Project Ego might be it. Something as simple as a choice of weapon will have a cascading effect on how Project Ego evolves. Honestly, www.bigbluebox.com is a remarkably entertaining website. So go check it out.:)

darianX
05-08-2002, 12:37 AM
Molyneux started to get a somewhat bad reputation because of being overly ambitious. Black and White was supposed to be all that and a bag of chips but it wasn't. What it really was, was an amazing AI system dropped into a mega-micromanagement nightmare. Seems they spent too much time with the AI and not nearly enough on the gameplay. I played it for about a week, hoping it would get better and it didn't. It's collecting dust in the same place since then. There was way less micromanagment in the Command and Conquer games than in B&W...uhg.

After that debacle, I'm a bit gunshy on Molyneux. I'd love to see codename Ego be a fantastic game but I'm reserving judgement until it's playable.