PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Blade of Darkness

wulff
05-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Does anybody here know anyhting about this title being done for the box.
I remeber reading mnhts ago that it was being done,,but of course havent heard anything.

I did e-mail codemasters custservice and the guy told me he never heard of it being done for the xbox,BUT if it was it would be getting done in their ENGLAND STUDIO.

Virtuoso
05-09-2002, 08:56 PM
wulff................

Sharper than any sword, Codemasters’ Ultimate Blade of Darkness is set to strike exclusively on Xbox. Developed by RebelAct Studios, Codemasters has scheduled the title for release in winter 2002. The next-generation installment of the savagely famous PC game Blade of Darkness, this mature-rated hack and slasher is set in a magical world of heroes and quests and is certain to amaze fans of fantasy combat.

Ultimate Blade of Darkness will score high-impact hit points with some of the bloodiest combat scenes in Xbox gaming. With fluid, responsive and dynamic mêlée combat there’s a massive arsenal of weaponry available and practically any in-game object can be used to keep the dark hordes from savaging the player’s character. Broadswords, spears, battle-axes, arrows, even skeletal remains or an opponent’s severed limb can be used to decimate the forces of darkness.

A myriad of monsters, demons and unearthly creatures await in any of the four player-selectable adventurers. Ultimate Blade of Darkness reintroduces the heroes of the original Blade – Tukaram (a mighty muscle-bound warrior), Sargon (a Knight trained in strategic combat), Naglfar (an axe loving Dwarf) and Zoe (an adventuress fighter and trader).

Each character has a unique first level that draws them into a seemingly straightforward quest before sweeping them into a fantastic adventure that escalates into something darker and more mysterious than first imagined. The RPG-esque style of play allows the player to develop their character’s experience and skills, gain bigger weapons and better tools through success.

For a game designed and destined to be a classic in the mature game market, Codemasters will market Ultimate Blade of Darkness conscientiously and ensure potential consumers are aware of the game’s content. Materials will promote the title as suitable for a mature audience only and warn that the game features graphic scenes of animated violence.

“Ultimate Blade of Darkness will be a blizzard of frenetic combat, haunting atmospherics, intriguing puzzles and incredible lighting effect technology,” said Jonathan Smith, Codemasters’ internal producer for the game. “With its origins in Blade of Darkness, the leap to Xbox was a natural evolution.”

.................................................................................................... .....

The main team is from Spain. But last I heard through the dev grapevine a couple of the main men behind the project ( Not the main man) left Rebel act studios. What has happened since I am not sure, they may even be back together by now.

Also I hear nothing from Codemasters on Ultimate Blade of Darkness................there was word that they were looking into another publisher.

I'll get real confirmation at E3 for sure and let you know. The game has tons of potential. The only thing I did not care for was the lack of strafing at any time during the 1st game on the PC in Fall 2000. But at that time it was a top 5 game of the year for me. On the XBOX with co-op and strafing with a dual analog and some MP wow................. I'll keep up on it and let you know here soon on what's really up...........

;) :)

wulff
05-10-2002, 12:59 AM
This game never did bother me with the no strafing content.
I didnt mind the lock on in battle mode and the combo's were awesome looking.
The lighting and texturing in that game were tight.
This is one game i will be sooo looking forward to getting.
I fear from your comments thought that it might never happen.
Rebel act studios has gone by the way side ,their site doesnt even exist anymore.
The game was plaugued by Bugs and install prob's for 50% of the people that tried to get it to work.
Myself i had no prob's but had witnessed the bugs on some other machine's.

I hope ya get some solid info on this one at E3......I'll twist one up in hopes for you and me....:cool:

*crossing my fingers that this one fly's*

I would by this in a heart beat over enclave.

RadRider
05-11-2002, 11:11 AM
Codemaster's announced the games they were showing at E3 a while ago, and unfortunately, Ultimate Blade of Darkness was nowhere on the list, which leaves me to believe what Virtuoso said, that another publisher is in the works.

The strafing really bugged me in BoD, but not soo much that I didn't enjoy playing it. What bothered me the most was that it runs like such a hog on my pc! Even on my friend's athlon xp 1800+ with a GeForce 3 and 256 DDR Ram, it runs like a hog.
That's specifically why I'm looking forward to it on Xbox.

Tkf5000
05-11-2002, 01:06 PM
sounds a lot like gauntlet.

RadRider
05-11-2002, 01:58 PM
No! Don't ever say that! :)
I swear, you couldn't make a bigger mistake in your life. Guantlet is a mindless "kill everything you see by repeatedly hitting "A" game set in a medieval world.
BoD is soo much more.
For starters, the graphics are amazing. Lighting is very dramatic, and everything emits a most excellent shadow. You can pick up anything you see. See a femur on the ground? pick it up and beat your enemies with it. Don't like it anymore? Throw the femur at the enemy for more damage. Have a crappy sword? Cut off the enemy's arm then pick up his arm and beat him with his own arm instead.

Think that sounds good? The fighting system is even deeper. You can get a bow if you like, with different arrows for it. Shoot an arrow, watch it stick in the enemy, then watch the enemy die. Walk over, pick up the arrow, then shoot his buddy!
Or, pick up a shield (of which there are several kinds) and a weapon (again, several types of swords and hammers and things), then start some melee combat! If you hold right and swing, it does a different attack than hitting left and swing or up and swing or down and swing, etc. You can also use your shield to block attacks by pressing the block button. This comes in very useful as you can block an attack, and this slightly stuns your opponent, so then you can lob his head off with your axe! But be careful, because if your shield or weapon gets too damaged, it'll simply break, then you'll have to fight hand-to-hand!

Can you see why we're anticipating this game so much now?

Tkf5000
05-11-2002, 02:06 PM
It sounds kinda like gauntlet(4 player co-op thing) crossed with genma onimusha(what way u push, up,down,left, right affects where you swing weapon)crossed with morrowind(pick up and use anything, good graphics). That sounds like the stoopid idiotic things i want in games, running around hitting people with other peoples arms. sounds good to me.

RadRider
05-11-2002, 02:44 PM
But there is no 4 player co-op. That's just something everybody hopes will be in the game, including me. Honestly though, since the pc version didn't have any co-op or multiplayer at all, I doubt the Xbox version (assuming it actually comes out) will. Oh yeah, there's 6 different people you can play as too, each one has a slightly different game storyline.

Tkf5000
05-12-2002, 08:05 AM
oo...........

wulff
05-12-2002, 12:58 PM
If i remember right, it's 4 different character's you can play the game thru with.
This game was intense.One of the best single player game's that i ever played.
It just draws ya right into the atmosphere.
Some of the mods were cool too..i.e...strafing,respawn,eat severed limbs.
The one mod was you could pick up a severed limb ,roast it over an open fire and mow down some goodness for health.
This game IS nothing like gauntlet.You cant even compare the titles, it's absurd man.

Tkf5000
05-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Well it sounded like it, I never even played the game before.

Ukyo
05-12-2002, 07:54 PM
I remember playing through the majority of BoD. Great battle system with dodging/blocking, counterattacks. Great stuff. I'd be interested in seeing what UBoD brings to the table.