PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox Communicator

dave_m123
05-08-2002, 05:44 AM
Does anyone know how this will work as in will it be a wired version or some form of wireless like say bluetooth for example?

SkoalMint
05-08-2002, 05:55 AM
From everything I have seen, it will be wired into your controller.

Pic (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/image.php?Screen_ID=3668)

Nato King
05-08-2002, 06:26 AM
I can't wait until this communicator comes out. I read in the OXM that it has Voice Control- Use your mouth to move, shoot, and duck in game. perfect for the handless gamer or those with inexcusbly inept hand-eye coordination.:)

Hugh_Jass
05-08-2002, 07:31 AM
Isn't Bluetooth dead yet?

There is no reason they couldn't go wireless. They could build the receiver into a new kind of controller or an adapter that is plugged into the controller port.

I haven't heard of any plans to take this wireless. Maybe a third party will bring it to market.

DrUnKtAnK
05-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Either way I'am going to get one...If it was bluetooth enabled that would be pretty sweet....

SkoalMint
05-08-2002, 08:55 AM
In case you missed it in the forum, SnOoPy posted a link to a pretty cool video showing the communicator in action. Check it out here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12502&highlight=xbox+live)

I agree that a 3rd party will probably take it wireless. Either way though, this will significantly augment your gaming experience. The feature I'm especially looking forward to is the ability to interact with the game via voice as opposed to just interacting with other players. Think about how much simpler it will be to give orders to NPC's via voice as opposed to through a menu or key combination.

Plewis
05-08-2002, 09:33 AM
great! I thought if you dont have the S controller it was gonna take up another port... so this is good news because now I can have 3 other friends playing wit me on the same box

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 11:13 AM
Basically, you can have multiple headsets on one XBox depending on how many XBox controllers the XBox has plugged into it. So, you can have up to four Headsets if you so desire.

The cool thing is that your voice can be dubbed...therefore, you can have your voice sound really low and mean as if you were gargling razor blades or you could sound squeeky and high-pitched as Pee Wee Herman getting an enima :D

Also, we will all be able to mute people as well. This may be one of the greatest features since it's likely that there will be a bunch of idiots on-line that you won't want to hear. Just mute them and all is solved :)

DZNUTZ
05-08-2002, 11:29 AM
i'd venture to say it would be along time ( maybe not eva) before a 3rd party was to make a VoiceCommunication unit. I know third party perhirals are a given...by i have a hunch MS's standards on this bad boy is gonna be pretty high.

CALzinger
05-08-2002, 03:42 PM
i hope i could have my xbox communicator to be programmed in egyptian

that way, when i say anafuot, then ill jump

Hugh_Jass
05-09-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
i hope i could have my xbox communicator to be programmed in egyptian

that way, when i say anafuot, then ill jump

er...yeah...that would come in handy. :D

OppiumNitrates
05-09-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Also, we will all be able to mute people as well. This may be one of the greatest features since it's likely that there will be a bunch of idiots on-line that you won't want to hear. Just mute them and all is solved :)

thats great cauz u know that the population of idiots with one of these online will probbaly be pretyy high since it really hasnt been done. . . also a good thing for a FPS if lets say ur on a team and u dont want anyone on the other team to hear your stratagy against them. . .just mute them all

APEX
05-09-2002, 01:06 PM
The voice communicator is going to add alot to the XBOX LIVE online experience. I love the fact the Microsoft is demanding that all developers, working on XBOX LIVE games, incorperate the Voice Communicater. This means that every online game on the XBOX will have real time chat. Voice masking and being able to mute envious dorks is just icing on the cake.....

BTW: I actually tried the communicator and must say that it felt EXTREMELY comfortable....... :p

OppiumNitrates
05-09-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by APEX

BTW: I actually tried the communicator and must say that it felt EXTREMELY comfortable....... :p

and where/how/when exactly did u try it out??

could u give a better detailed description of your experiace other then "EXTREMELY comfortable"

APEX
05-09-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

and where/how/when exactly did u try it out??

could u give a better detailed description of your experiace other then "EXTREMELY comfortable"

I was afriad someone was going to quote me on that....

Actually I can't really go into detail due to NDAs(Non Disclosure Agreements)....All I can say is that i tried them on and was extremely satisfied with the lightweight and feel of the headphones. Playing online with this device for long periods of time should be no problem......:p

OppiumNitrates
05-09-2002, 01:33 PM
u signed a NDA??? sucker!!!

j/k

u work for MS or something or u test games/products??

APEX
05-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
u signed a NDA??? sucker!!!

j/k

u work for MS or something or u test games/products??

LOL ya I'm just a sucker that has had oppertunities to test out some upcomming games and peripherals.......:p