PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot now officially sucks.

stewy_gt
05-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Yes yes, many did not like gamespot in the first place, but now the others that do have a reason to change their mind. Following in IGN's footsteps, they have locked all their news away. What's so stupid is that they are actually worse than IGN. IGN locks stuff away then make you view it couple days later, Gamepsot makes you see it for the first 7 days, then locks it away. They are locking away basically everything if not all. Say goodbye to those movies. lol.

JJaX
05-08-2002, 10:20 AM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

I hate s4it you gotta sign up for. Its such a pain in my ass.

melon
05-08-2002, 03:32 PM
yeah for real, i'm never going to sign up for those crap sites...why should we when there is plenty of other good sites.

CALzinger
05-08-2002, 03:34 PM
why do they force us to pay for crappy ass articles? dont they realize that we spend enough money on the games?

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 03:50 PM
I already pay for internet access...I don't need to pay anything more than that. There is news about the XBox everywhere on the internet, so, one little site that goes to the darkside like IGM did is not a big deal to me.

terrapin
05-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Why would you want to visit other sites when you could be at xboxaddict ;)

seriously, pay sites suck. at least it was a site that i didn't frequent.

mack10
05-08-2002, 04:01 PM
I really hate when sites do crap like this:mad:

DZNUTZ
05-08-2002, 04:04 PM
LONG LIVE XBA!!! wallow in all of it freeness!!!

Woocifer
05-08-2002, 04:46 PM
You know I didnt even notice this until recently but IGN only lets you view 5 pics or movies a day and thats it...what the garbage is that all about? How stupid of a system is that!!!

Hi welcome to my site www.scroogegames.com where all the info you've been looking for....IS MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! BLEED THROUGH YOUR TEETH, GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY!!!! MUAHAHAHAAAAA...

stupid internet...I hate you

EHWfedPres
05-08-2002, 05:03 PM
I just went there earlier and nearly fell over when I found out I had to pay for stupid shyt like that...the movies are pretty cool, not worth paying for...and just to think, how many people will not go to gamespot now because of this...they will lose more than they will ever hope to make.

Woocifer
05-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by The Fn Show
I LOVED GAMESPOT UNTILL THIS F'n Shi* happened, WTF is wrong with these bastards! PAy to watch a vid that is like 30 seconds long!? WTF!

heh FnShow you should be charging us for all the little animations you have as tags...

maybe I will lock you all out of my posts until you pay me because hey...content is content...

50+ characters = $10
150+ characters = Your left arm
500+ characters = your girlfriend
1000+ characters.....you dont even want to know what I want you to pay for 1000+ of my characters...b!tch

SUFFER BASTARD

Ukyo
05-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
50+ characters = $10
150+ characters = Your left arm
500+ characters = your girlfriend
1000+ characters.....you dont even want to know what I want you to pay for 1000+ of my characters...b!tch

SUFFER BASTARD
I wish I'd known that before I read the post. I wonder how many stamps I'll need to send an arm through the mail.

UltraMuffin
05-08-2002, 05:24 PM
I paid for IGN back when they were going out of their way to give more content to subscribers... I figured I had enjoyed their site for so long, that I might as well show my support... Had I known they were gonna lock damn near everything, I would not have paid for it... I don't wanna support a site that does that sorta crap... Besides, XboxAddict is truly the best Xbox site around.

HarryParatestes
05-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Maybe it's because money doesn't grow on trees? It costs a decent chunk of change and time to run a site like that, and the ads probably no longer cover all their expenses. People will vote with their wallets, and that will determine if that idea sinks or is profitable. Btw, **** em. I'm not going to pay for **** I can get elsewhere for free.

No Fear 23
05-08-2002, 08:01 PM
gamespot will go out of business if they keep it up.

i hate paying for little things like info where u can find it somewhere else for free:mad:

GRAVEDIGGER
05-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Like i've always said, the day i pay for black and white text on an internet webpage is the day i admit the XBOX is'nt worthy of recognition, basically thats never. The inate idiots at IGN had to go ahead and set this stupid tradition and now Lamespot had to go and follow...Simpletons. Now their hits will decrease dramatically after a period of time...poor simple, money hunger fools.

Untill next time...:mad:

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

I hate s4it you gotta sign up for. Its such a pain in my ass.

How long do you expect to receive services for free? The people that work at IGN and GameSpot are paid employees like any other company and they have to receive their money from somewhere. Some of you might realize how bad the advertising online industry has gone and that companies are no longer able to generate enough revenue to keep them afloat with ads alone. They need other options. Scale back content so no one ever uses the site again? Or continue and add new content, but charge a small amount in order to continue to use the site?

I personally do not mind the charge for IGN because I used their services for several years for FREE. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET SO MUCH AWESOME GAMING INFORMATION FOR FREE?? You can't expect to get it free all the time, so stop the biznatchin and pay for it! It's cheaper than a magazine subscription, and no magazines come daily!!!! If you are too young, ask your mother or father for this instead of a magazine!