PDA

View Full Version : I finally got Morrowinds

Brevity
05-08-2002, 12:32 PM
Well I cracked and went out last night and bought the last copy from Hastings 49.99. I will not bother with telling you all that this game rocks ,,,but it does. I will tell you a few of my first experiences. I thought wow as the game started taking full advantage of my DD 5.1 speakers when I moved I heard really well things going on, on just this or that side of me. And the music was great really moody. After picking my character and stuff (which is a daunting task , so many things to choose from) I started to wonder around, I walked over to a shelf and was looking a some plates and the game said I could pick them up I thought wow ok so still in DS mode of pick up everything you can: I grabbed it. Bam they caught me stealing, they let me go with a warning, shew. I did not learn though in the next room, the one with the dagger, I grabbed all that I could.

I thought it was weird that when I ate food it did not heal me. I guess I got more to learn about that. So anyway I went out side then and marveled at the water, I thought I would go for a swim, Bam, got attacked by some stupid fish grrr, could not even kill it b/c I could not find how to crouch. I read a lot in the game in just a few hours, and I thought the menus looked a little blurry. I have a really great PC and so I have had no trouble seeing the beauty of this game. The sky looks and acts cool.
Well I will right more later, I know this is in no good format or order but you get the idea. Oh and I think I will get the Xbox version too and just play it through as another character. The game is that cool.

Liquid Gears
05-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Who cares, this game looks stupid.:cool:

JohnB
05-08-2002, 12:47 PM
When you said "Well I cracked", I was thinking oh man this homo cracked the game... man I was gonna crack your head.
Glad you're enjoying the game so far though.

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Interesting news, Brevity! :)

Brevity
05-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JohnB
When you said "Well I cracked", I was thinking oh man this homo cracked the game... man I was gonna crack your head.
How cares, well not you but I bet somebody might Mr. Nice guy. And after all I think it looks great, and I care. So ok, thats it.

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Brevity...how long have you played Morrowind up to this point?

Plewis
05-08-2002, 12:56 PM
cant wait for that badboy on my xbox seeing how my computer has a total of 1.25 gigs of space:D

Brevity
05-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
cant wait for that badboy on my xbox seeing how my computer has a total of 1.25 gigs of space:D
Sorry to hear it man and ya your gonna love it.

Max I got in 3 or 4 h. b4 I hit the hay. I was so sleepy and now I am paying for it here. yawn :D

DZNUTZ
05-08-2002, 01:23 PM
ya know what liquid gears..u can just STFU.
your the type of forum trolls that drive good members away from their respective sites.
your negativity is unappreciated...y don't u do us all a favor...either get a better attitude or find another forum for your immature posts.

Brevity
05-08-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
ya know what liquid gears..u can just STFU.
your the type of forum trolls that drive good members away from their respective sites.
your negativity is unappreciated...y don't u do us all a favor...either get a better attitude or find another forum for your immature posts.
Right on, a simple no post on his part would have worked.

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

Right on, a simple no post on his part would have worked.

I agree...if someone doesn't like a particular thread, then, don't reply.

But, anyway, let's get things back on topic. Brevity, is this game as good as you thought it was? In other words, in your first 3-4 hours, do you think this game is living up to it's hype thus far?

Just curious :)

Ninja Scroll
05-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Wait a minute.... the Xbox version of Morrowind is already in stores now!?:confused:

I know I have been slacking on posts as of late, but I could have sworn this game was not coming out until later this month.
Or are you refering to purchasing the PC version junior?:eek:

Brevity
05-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I agree...if someone doesn't like a particular thread, then, don't reply.

But, anyway, let's get things back on topic. Brevity, is this game as good as you thought it was? In other words, in your first 3-4 hours, do you think this game is living up to it's hype thus far?

Just curious :)
Ya I was putting in alot of time on DS now I got to split it, I feel very lucky two RPG's and both very dif. from each other. I know I will be playing both alot b/c I just had some friends start playing DS w/me online, and I got alot more to go w/single player.

The game MW was as good as I thought, It would have been nice on my eyes to have bigger text or them just to say it aloud. But I read alot anyway and it does not bother me to much. I really like the whole link thing to what the guys R saying. I think it is very new a cool. The look, feal, sound, and over play R very above par.
I am going to have alot of games to keep me busy till summer school....and then some. Wow Hunter and MW on the same day or close to it......say it aint so...

Plewis
05-08-2002, 01:51 PM
yes he is refering to his computer;)

Brevity
05-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Wait a minute.... the Xbox version of Morrowind is already in stores now!?:confused:

I know I have been slacking on posts as of late, but I could have sworn this game was not coming out until later this month.
Or are you refering to purchasing the PC version junior?:eek:
Yes Sir.

Ninja Scroll
05-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

Yes Sir.

Yes Mr. Ninja Scroll I own the PC version, or Yes Mr. Ninja Scroll I own the Xbox version?:D

jschelm
05-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Liquid - Why do you keep coming into these threads just to dump on them? If you don't like the idea of the game that is fine, but we really don't care.

YEP
05-08-2002, 02:08 PM
ninja-

he owns the pc version, the xbox was slated for the 15th, but it seems the stores have pushed the date back to the 20-23. and no one knows if that date will be pushed back, both bethesda and microsoft aren't saying anything :(

Xbox Owner
05-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by JohnB

haha, that's what I was thinking:D

E-Xbox
05-08-2002, 03:49 PM
thanks for the heads up brev!

peace

Xtopia
05-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the cool news, Brevity!:)

Bretzky
05-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Hey Brevity,

Just curious to know what type of character you created. Maybe you can tell us jealous members your characters stats if you can pull yourself from Morrowind long enough. :D :D :D

Brevity
05-08-2002, 11:49 PM
First Bret: I made a Wood-Elf/ Archer/ of Warrior Birth-the stare thing. I picked all of this b/c in all the RPG's I have ever played I have been a Archer, and this all works to make me better at it in this game. And yes Ninja I got the PC version sorry for any confusion though I think it would happen with you if I stood next to you and said it in your big ear. Your crazy.

Now to tonight’s fun, I want to say it is really hard to hit stuff w/your bow,,and near impossible when its moving. Like I thought I would shoot some fish and no that was an effort in futility. I like all the choices in this game, do good or bad or ride the fence? I helped this guy then screwed him over. I also found all sorts of hidden stuff the game really pays you for exploring every little spot. I think its funny but I have got caught stilling like 10 x’s and died for it two times. This one time though I cornered this guy and killed him and stole everything he had, then took care of the body,,,hours later (real time) I go to this town and find out I am wanted for his murder, So I think oh hell here we go, but no, I just paid 9$ to get off free, and I had to return the stuff I took. Then I walked two foot and stole a whatever and got caught and you know the charged me f-ing 48$ that’s a hell of a lot more than I had to pay for killing a man. I laughed out load on that one. The peps that made this game must of wanted to show how life had been devalued in our society today, or something like that.
I also found this busted up old ship (note that I am not telling you any really specifics like, where, and stuff so as to not spoil it for you) anyway this ship way in peaces and I found all sort of stuff around it and was about to leave and thought well hell this whole game is big on the little details so I check the hatch going down below and vola, it open and I go two floors below even holding my breath to get some great stuff,,,,Wow. Anyway the bad guy R strong or I am really weak, I used over 100 arrows to kill 2 guys and still needed to go 1on1 with their arses.
I will say that I hope the Xbox version has a couple of problems worked out, 1. No sign or anything to show enemies heath, so you can know to run or fight, b/c the guy is fixing to die. 2. The jump thing I jump a lot (No f-ing idea why, I just like to) anyway I get stuck on stuff and have to sit for minutes moving this way and that to get free, no reason for it I just land on it and get caught in it, There has been two places where jumping got me new stuff that could not of been gotten any other way.
Well I will write more later. Thanks if you read any of this. I want to tell someone about this fun game, and my wife is a big no go on that one, I think she would me rather talk about the finer points of diplomacy. She turns what I say off like a faucet when I say anything regarding games. Seeya

Englishguy
05-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Thanks Brev! Can't wait for the box version. I just pray that the graphics are comparable and that the frame rate is solid. Please, please, please

Brevity
05-09-2002, 09:50 AM
ya know whats funny is I read alot on this game and from all I read I cant find two peps with the same experiences. Its not just that the game is open ended its that with the selection of characters you can be and the way dif, peps react to you,,,,well its unreal. I love this game.

OppiumNitrates
05-09-2002, 12:02 PM
hey liquid gear, ur opinion in this thread is really insightfull and thoughtfull thkans for ur time, , , , troll

i am egerly awaitin the Xbox version of this game and i accualy spent all morning reading the fourms from the elder scrolls site and alot of people said that they are tearing he game up at only level 8-15, also getting the best armor and wepons really early. . .they r questoning the difficulty of the game. . . . is the game challenging brevity?? i usually dont buy or not buy a game because of other opinions but alot of people say it is unbalanced any comment here

Brevity
05-10-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
hey liquid gear, ur opinion in this thread is really insightfull and thoughtfull thkans for ur time, , , , troll

i am egerly awaitin the Xbox version of this game and i accualy spent all morning reading the fourms from the elder scrolls site and alot of people said that they are tearing he game up at only level 8-15, also getting the best armor and wepons really early. . .they r questoning the difficulty of the game. . . . is the game challenging brevity?? i usually dont buy or not buy a game because of other opinions but alot of people say it is unbalanced any comment here
Ya I read those to and am like wtf, cus I die every 4min or so, I am a lil *****,,,,and freaking cant kill people without some real work. I played 8h. yesterday and it was cool. I killed three peps, but died at least 10 x's well maybe more. I get so mad, but I have been grabing better and better stuff. Anyway I think it is hard when I started just anything could kill me. I think it makes a dif. which kind of person you pick. But anyway more later.

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

The optimism is so thick I could cut it with a knife! :rolleyes:

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:11 PM
What's with the calling it "Morrowinds"? I've seen it other places too. There's no "s" at the end!