PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits

UltraMuffin
05-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Now that we all know Microsoft is competetive about their prices, how long do you think it'll be before we get our first batch of $20 "Greatest Hits" games? I sure hope Microsoft has plans for such a thing.

silvertrace
05-08-2002, 05:38 PM
actually, i saw dave mirra bmx @ target for 19.99..............:eek:

i like any game that u can play to ur own soundtrack.......

mack10
05-08-2002, 06:43 PM
I hope so

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by UltraMuffin
Now that we all know Microsoft is competetive about their prices, how long do you think it'll be before we get our first batch of $20 "Greatest Hits" games? I sure hope Microsoft has plans for such a thing.

I would bet Halo might be by the end of the year!! But who cares about that, cause I already have that game. Although Halo was what made me want to purchase an XboX, so if it is at $20 then others for sure might purchase an XboX because the game is so cheap! Maybe even a Halo/Xbox package? Not a bundle!

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 10:00 PM

Of course, they also need to get some games other than Halo that can be considered Greatest Hits.

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by smashnp934

Of course, they also need to get some games other than Halo that can be considered Greatest Hits.

They got PGR, DOA3, Oddworld, Max Payne, Amped, and Halo that I can think of. The games don't all have to be Halo quality to be considered a "Greatest Hit". Sometimes I wish Halo wasn't better than any game on any other console that way people would notice bad@ss games like the ones I mentioned. Fanboys always say "what's good after Halo?". All I have to say is what's good BEFORE Resident Evil. Remember that PS2 has been out a year longer than Xbox so the "Greatest Hits" won't be here for a while unless MS wants to get crazy.:p

Nato King
05-09-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by mack10
I hope so

Like mack10 said I hope so too. Hey mank10 I really like your sig man very nice.:)

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DVDGNZ

They got PGR, DOA3, Oddworld, Max Payne, Amped, and Halo that I can think of. The games don't all have to be Halo quality to be considered a "Greatest Hit". Sometimes I wish Halo wasn't better than any game on any other console that way people would notice bad@ss games like the ones I mentioned. Fanboys always say "what's good after Halo?". All I have to say is what's good BEFORE Resident Evil. Remember that PS2 has been out a year longer than Xbox so the "Greatest Hits" won't be here for a while unless MS wants to get crazy.:p

If you think that Amped or Oddworld is Greatest Hits material, I think you have something else to worry about. You know, like true XboX fans like myself, laughing at you.

DZNUTZ
05-09-2002, 10:56 AM
actually smartash...err i mean smash...

first everyone has their diffrent opinions on vids...so y try to bash what he likes

and second...greatest hits has to do with how many copies of a title have been sold....not YOUR opinion what thinks worthy.

JJaX
05-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DVDGNZ

All I have to say is what's good BEFORE Resident Evil.

100's of NES, Genesis, SNES and a good portion of computer games.

mack10
05-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w

Like mack10 said I hope so too. Hey mank10 I really like your sig man very nice.:)
Vitua Fighter ROCKS!

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
actually smartash...err i mean smash...

first everyone has their diffrent opinions on vids...so y try to bash what he likes

and second...greatest hits has to do with how many copies of a title have been sold....not YOUR opinion what thinks worthy.

No ****, Sherlock! Of course it has to do with the number of copies that title has sold. But I feel very bad for those consumers who could make Oddworld and Amped Greatest Hits. God, please forgive them =).

Crazy Joe
05-09-2002, 02:38 PM
what's wrong with Amped? that game is fun, and oddworld, what because it isn't violent it isn't good. Not all games have to have realism to be good, Oddworld was a good, fun game.

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
what's wrong with Amped? that game is fun, and oddworld, what because it isn't violent it isn't good. Not all games have to have realism to be good, Oddworld was a good, fun game.

Are you kidding me?! Amped is a half-ass game! I played it for 10 minutes at the store and was already tired of it!

Oddworld is just not a good game. Maybe I have not given it enough time, but the DEMO I have it made me want to hide in shame.

Does a game need to be violent for me to enjoy it? Absolutely not!! I love JSRF and Rallisport Challenge. Those are not violent. Halo, of course, I love that. But it's not because of it's sheer violence. The gameplay is what it is all about!

Crazy Joe
05-09-2002, 05:06 PM
the demo for Oddworld is ridiculous, doesn't convey the game at all, i suggest you try it out.

Man, I loved Amped after i got used to it, after about 20 - 30 mins i thought it was a great game.

Plewis
05-09-2002, 05:49 PM
congratulations u made ur thick headed decision on about 20 minutes of gameplay. Amped is pretty good once you get used to the controls and Oddworld is a great game. The feel gameplay and graphics add to a top notch experience.

dougi3000
05-09-2002, 06:10 PM
i thought oddworld is a great game. It could of been better if it had some cute loveable characters in it (dont say fuzzles, because you cant play them)

UltraMuffin
05-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Amped is my favorite Xbox game... It really is a fun game.
Keep in mind, your opinion is nothing more than an opinion, Smash. You don't care for Amped, but I like it more than Halo... you can feel sorry for me if you want, but I'll be over here enjoying my badass snowboaring game.

And just cuz Sony did their Greatest Hits thing based on sales, nothing says Microsoft has to do it that way... although that would probably make the most sense.

HaVoK
05-09-2002, 08:42 PM
I just hope they do somthing soon..... there are a bunch of games that I want that i dont feel that are worth 50 bucks!

OEM Alien
05-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
actually, i saw dave mirra bmx @ target for 19.99..............:eek:

i like any game that u can play to ur own soundtrack....... now that's more like it! if i see that game for 19.99 i'm buying it! same with rcmx2002

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 09:25 PM
Amped is my favorite Xbox game... It really is a fun game.
Keep in mind, your opinion is nothing more than an opinion, Smash. You don't care for Amped, but I like it more than Halo... you can feel sorry for me if you want, but I'll be over here enjoying my badass snowboaring game.

And just cuz Sony did their Greatest Hits thing based on sales, nothing says Microsoft has to do it that way... although that would probably make the most sense.

Amped: I guess it is not my type of game. But in my opinion, it is a "badass snowBORING game" hehehe. C'mon, gimme props for that one. Regardless of our differing opinions, I think all of us can agree on one thing: XBOX RULES =).

DVDGNZ
05-12-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by smashnp934

If you think that Amped or Oddworld is Greatest Hits material, I think you have something else to worry about. You know, like true XboX fans like myself, laughing at you.

I loved Amped and I didn't really care for Oddworld but I can see how it would be a lot of fun for people. BTW, I hardly care if everyone starts laughing at a name I created on these forums.

MixMasta
05-12-2002, 08:55 AM
there will probably not be greatest hits till near next xmas. I also think they will name it something different because sony already uses greated hits. also, im sure that most of m$ games will be considered greatest hits, since its their games.