PDA

View Full Version : Wreckless Wrecked X-Box.

Freeze-B
05-08-2002, 05:38 PM
:mad:
I bought the game cause the demo looked cool.After completing the first mission i had the feeling i was sacked.It's very stupid to drive your car in elevators and tunnels,like you do in a stupid mario game.After my first three missions i called it a day.I feel kinda ripped off.Screenshots and trailers were very promising,kinda looked like Midtown madness meets GTA.

Damn, i'm so ****ed. Wreckless is X-Box unwordy i Say !!

Please get your acts together and give us some good stuff!!!

khaos2005
05-08-2002, 06:54 PM
I found it amusing for a while.

But I also like Azurik, so maybe I'm just weird or something.

zfBRAT
05-09-2002, 12:00 AM
I like Project Gotham Racing and Azurik, but I was warned about Wreckless and didn't buy it.http://caribbeantropicbikini.com/products/1006/full/5046.jpg

D-Dubbs
05-09-2002, 02:11 PM
It truly is just plain dumb. I don't like "that" type of animation. Hmmmm, I can't think of any other worrds....just DUMB, that's $50 bucks flushed:(

zfBRAT
05-09-2002, 02:35 PM
***gives Dubbs a hug*** ;)

Unreal
05-09-2002, 04:35 PM
I guess I am the only one that liked the game. Oh well, you can't please everyone ;)

Freeze-B
05-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Project Gotham seems ok,but so was GT3 on PS2.Don't want to create any fuzz about X-Box but it didn't blow me out of my socks yet.I like racing games and as far as i know,a car belongs at the track burning rubber and not hopping and bumping in elevators and sours.I'm sure they can do better than that.

:eek:

zfBRAT
05-10-2002, 04:32 AM
I never played it to say it wasn't cool. Lots don't like Project Gotham Racing either, but I did
I liked the fact that you couldn't sloppily rush through it, but I can say it wouldn't thrill me like GTA3 on PS2
I like that you can drive wacky, when you want, or you can not drive at all and shoot everyone on sight...
I'm too spoiled to try Wreckless...lol

Originally posted by Unreal
I guess I am the only one that liked the game. Oh well, you can't please everyone ;) http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/feb99/redg02.jpg

RadRider
05-11-2002, 01:05 PM
I thought Wreckless looked absolutely stupid before I ever played it. Sure, the graphics were pretty amazing, but graphics never make a game. Sure enough, upon playing the demo, I felt ripped off, and this was only a demo! The control was horrendously bad, you never crash into lamp posts, despite the fact that they're rendered completely, and the game just never delivered on that Midtown Madness feel that it portrayed in the previews and videos.

Project Gotham is a whole other beast, I think it's completely worth every penny, almost as much as Rallisport Challenge. But I'm not a racing game fan, so those two don't get a cent from me. :)

Until Rallisport Challenge, I completely agreed with freeze-B. Rallisport is the first game to completely deliver on the graphical prowess that the Xbox holds, and the gameplay is absolutely fun to top it off. Other than that, I'm still waiting for the big titles to come. So far it feels like I kinda blew $500

Boomer
05-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Unreal your not the only one that enjoys wreckless. I think the game is pretty good.

It would've been better:
If there were more vehicles.
If there were Real-life vehicles instead of fictional vehicles.
More damage effects ex: more parts can fall off, including wheels.
More citys
A cruise/free roam mode
Get rid of the screen blurs in certain areas of the city.
Make it possible to hit the trees and posts instead of driving right through them.
If the traffic cars woudn't dissapear after they've been hit.
More missions.
abillity to get out of the vehicle and walk
and last but not least a multiplayer mode.

Then it may have been the best game (besides Halo) for xbox

zfBRAT
05-12-2002, 02:58 AM
I guess I am the only one that liked the game. Oh well, you can't please everyone ;)
I've never played a demo or anything, so I can't honestly say I don't like it. I'm just not brave enough to try it. Could ya tell me what you like about it? I might want if after that. I only went on one person's opinion.

Hellraisr
05-19-2002, 08:50 AM
I played wreckless as a rental and I thought it was pretty good. But I didn't go into it wanting a regular racing game anyway, so I was not disapointed. I think the only reason people are disapointed is because they rent it or buy it thinking it's a regular style racing game.

Originally posted by Freeze-B
:mad:
I bought the game cause the demo looked cool.After completing the first mission i had the feeling i was sacked.It's very stupid to drive your car in elevators and tunnels,like you do in a stupid mario game.After my first three missions i called it a day.I feel kinda ripped off.Screenshots and trailers were very promising,kinda looked like Midtown madness meets GTA.

Damn, i'm so ****ed. Wreckless is X-Box unwordy i Say !!

Please get your acts together and give us some good stuff!!!

RadRider
05-19-2002, 12:09 PM
I never expected Wreckless to be a racing game. I thought it looked like a ripoff of Midtown Madness, but with terrible gameplay. Turns out I was right. I never liked the idea of the game, and when I tried the game, all my preconceptions were true. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone could like this game, but there you go. :s

EHWfedPres
05-25-2002, 04:00 PM
I screw around in Wreckless all the time. The game is VERY HARD, but I dont care, I did all the missions I could, and now I just do cool stuff. Driving thru trees and stuff is cool because it saves alot of time and i would get pyssed off very easily if i kept running into stuff. those blurs is the heat sizzle effect, found in REAL LIFE...so you cant complain there. The game is awesome, its just that it sucks alot.

Boomer
05-25-2002, 04:09 PM
The main reason it blurs like that in some areas is because the graphics are too high for that certain area. and so the game won't lag they blur the screen.

Brando131
05-31-2002, 09:52 PM
Ya I played the demo of Wreckless and I got bored with that so I never bought it and i think i'm better off without it.

zfBRAT
06-01-2002, 01:50 AM
Do you like Project Gotham racing?

Scarlet Spider
06-01-2002, 01:52 AM
no, i liked it!!

zfBRAT
06-01-2002, 02:39 AM
It wouldn't have sold any copies but one, if you were the only one who liked it...

Xbox Owner
06-01-2002, 10:27 AM
I agree. Ps2 is getting it with all kind of features. But the graphics look like *****!!

Calve
06-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by zfBRAT
Do you like Project Gotham racing?

Hell Yeah!!!

Peace:)

faceoff508
06-02-2002, 12:46 PM
I LOVE WRECKLESS, I PLAYED THE DEMO AND I WAS HOOKED!! THATS WHY I CHOSE WRECKLESS TO BE MY PRIZE HERE AT XBA

zfBRAT
06-08-2002, 05:31 AM
If you don't like Wreckless, get Hunter :pLord of the Rings