PDA

View Full Version : i wonder if by the next upgrade in consoles....will there even be room for bad games?

Kortiz
05-08-2002, 06:41 PM
i mean, i could be wrong...but i get the feeling that the graphics are going to be soo good by the the time the next generation of consoles is out.....the only thing that will be to factor is gameplay....right?

unless something new and profound pops out into the market and explodes so big that everyone in the world has one like a PC (exaderated(sp)) will it change how games are played and the traditional way of games etc etc......

will there be one console to buy anymore or will it matter what console you get. i feel like now that either console you get you will have some nice games......but there is still the my stuff is better then your stuff blah blah blah....do yall think it will be the same in 2005 when ps3 arrives......then the new Xbox will come in and the new nintendo will come in.....

also when do you think that the traditional way of playing games will change.....IE: console to tv, controller to console and voila....

bleh im rambling now.....

l Maximus l
05-08-2002, 06:52 PM
Personally, I think that gaming will just be taken to the next level. For instance, I think that some company will create a hologram gaming system, therefore, not even requiring a television to play on! Just a dark room! Kind of like virtual reality without a headset :D

The new games coming out for the current XBox are like none we've ever seen on a console...like Duality, Strident, Enclave, and several others.... Technology only gets better and better...I can't wait to see what we have in store! :D

Ukyo
05-08-2002, 06:58 PM
There will always be room for technological improvement. I don't expect the graphics argument to end any time soon.

I hope gaming will continue to use controllers and such. Sony was commenting about the possibilty of using biotechnology with the Playstation 5, I believe. I'd rather use the traditional format than inject myself with the latest games.

y2kash_14
05-08-2002, 08:08 PM
My greatest wish is the have Microsoft partner with Sony to make the ultimate gaming machine. I know im only dreaming though......:( but you never know

stang46
05-08-2002, 08:12 PM
I'm sure one day we will have graphics that are basically totally lifelike, almost like what you see on television now. I'm sure by that time gaming will be on its way into a totally new environment. Who knows by 2015 or so we may all have virtual reality consoles in our houses:) I can just imagine the Microsoft Xbox VR(virtual reality) console sittin in my living room hehe...

Imagine playing Halo in a virtual world!!! Omg that would be so sweet. Thats the kinda stuff I'm sure we will be seeing in the next 10-15 years:) All I can say is I hope I still have an interest in gaming as I get older cause I definetly want to enjoy this kinda stuff in the future....
laters

MageOfTheMatrix
05-08-2002, 08:27 PM
The amount of work to create these future games would be amazing. To make a virtual world seem real you really need tons and tons of details. Then there will also need to be realistic physics for all kinds of things.

It seems that as technolgy gets better, it gets harder to make really good games.

No matter how good the future of games will be, there will always be Kabuki Warriors.

Gameplay goes over grapics and technology any day.

Tigerbob4
05-08-2002, 08:29 PM
i must agree, the only bad thing about games one day will be the game play

Crazy Joe
05-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo
I hope gaming will continue to use controllers and such. Sony was commenting about the possibilty of using biotechnology with the Playstation 5, I believe. I'd rather use the traditional format than inject myself with the latest games.

man, injecting yourself with a game, it's like doing heroin. Inject yourself and go into another world.

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by stang46
I'm sure one day we will have graphics that are basically totally lifelike, almost like what you see on television now. I'm sure by that time gaming will be on its way into a totally new environment. Who knows by 2015 or so we may all have virtual reality consoles in our houses:) I can just imagine the Microsoft Xbox VR(virtual reality) console sittin in my living room hehe...

Imagine playing Halo in a virtual world!!! Omg that would be so sweet. Thats the kinda stuff I'm sure we will be seeing in the next 10-15 years:) All I can say is I hope I still have an interest in gaming as I get older cause I definetly want to enjoy this kinda stuff in the future....
laters

Oh my gosh! Wouldn't that be so awesome, you hear in your headset, "SLAYER!" and there you are looking out into the field of Blood Gulch, running to the top of the base to grab the Sniper Rifle and a pistol to start an all out war!!

=)

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
i mean, i could be wrong...but i get the feeling that the graphics are going to be soo good by the the time the next generation of consoles is out.....the only thing that will be to factor is gameplay....right?

unless something new and profound pops out into the market and explodes so big that everyone in the world has one like a PC (exaderated(sp)) will it change how games are played and the traditional way of games etc etc......

will there be one console to buy anymore or will it matter what console you get. i feel like now that either console you get you will have some nice games......but there is still the my stuff is better then your stuff blah blah blah....do yall think it will be the same in 2005 when ps3 arrives......then the new Xbox will come in and the new nintendo will come in.....

also when do you think that the traditional way of playing games will change.....IE: console to tv, controller to console and voila....

bleh im rambling now.....

If what we are getting now is any indication of the future, I do not want any new consoles until game developers get their act straight. Too much have I see games that are pure eye-candy. I like GAMING not EYE CANDY. Who cares how realistic the images are if I do not like playing the game? Please, developers, before going further trying to make things more realistic think about the gameplay first and foremost. Things are too rushed in this day and age and have made me more careful on the games that I purchase. I purchase much too more reluctantly today as the result of such bad development.

Everytime developers come out with a bad game, God kills kittens. Please developers, think of the kittens. =)

J Dub
05-09-2002, 01:25 AM
You know, there's another saying.....

http://www.sneaker-land.net/SneakerPix/kitten.jpg

So whatever you do..........

DON'T MASTURBATE!

Nerrad529
05-09-2002, 02:20 AM
I'am happy with my xbox and my computer that's all i need to get by. Who knows what the next consoles are gonna be like. I think there fine right now. If anything there just gonna overdue it. The gameplay will really stink, and that's not good.

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Xx J Dub 2k xX
You know, there's another saying.....

http://www.sneaker-land.net/SneakerPix/kitten.jpg

So whatever you do..........

DON'T MASTURBATE!

LOL. No duh, that's what I was referring to dood! But I heard another one too:
"Everytime you masturbate, God kills Tony Danza. Please think of Tony Danza."

hahaha

Kraft
05-09-2002, 10:50 AM
Wouldn't that be a reason to masturbate? I don't know, guess Im not a tony danza fan. Actually, I think the next big step in gaming will be to get rid of stupid polygons. Nintendo was playing around with something a few years ago that involved laying splines over each other created a smooth wireframe instead of a pointy jaggy polygonal model.

XBOX Dude
05-09-2002, 10:55 AM
there were bad games before i was born and i'm sure there will be bad ones when i'm dead, graphics just don't make the game and god knows there is always poeple makin bad games

JJaX
05-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
there were bad games before i was born and i'm sure there will be bad ones when i'm dead, graphics just don't make the game and god knows there is always poeple makin bad games

Exactly.....

Thats like asking, Will there always be violence in this world??

Of course there is.

Will there always be bad games?

You bet, Probaly more bad + medicore games than good games.

y2kash_14
05-10-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Exactly.....

Thats like asking, Will there always be violence in this world??

Of course there is.

Will there always be bad games?

You bet, Probaly more bad + medicore games than good games.

there are already more bad & mediocre games than good ones

OEM Alien
05-10-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

bleh im rambling now..... i don't know about all that but i do know that the games for all three of the NEXT GENERATION" consoles have sucked so far. dreamcast was by far the best system and it got canned. xbox is the best out of the remaining three, but the games so far are not nearly as fun as games were on the psx, supernintendo, and sega genesis, etc... so graphics don't make a great game that's for sure. but with the lineup that xbox has coming out in the next 8 - 10 months, well.... it's GONNA BE SWEEEEEET! :)

OEM Alien
05-10-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

there are already more bad & mediocre games than good ones and these bad & medeocre games are not worth a $50.00 correct? do you agree? kabuki warriors came out at fifty dollars, to all that bought it do you feel you got what you paid for? or did you feel ripped off?
see, this is the $50.00 question.

y2kash_14
05-11-2002, 12:10 AM
definitley, they should always cut down prices on terrible games, which is what my local Software etc. is doing

Toast
05-11-2002, 12:17 AM
Im going with Virtual reality. i dont know how they are gonna do it, but by god they will, if i say they will!