PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party DVD Remote (Hacked)

ianuk
05-08-2002, 07:19 PM
News from our contacts in china that a 3rd party xbox remote has been developed and that it has been hacked to play all region films.

we have pictures and more information on our site

www.gameclix.com

Xtopia
05-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Does this mean the XBox will support proggesive scan?:confused:

khaos2005
05-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Let's not promote the hacking of the XBox, or any console for that matter. As interesting as it is, it's depressing to see the lengths people will go through to get the fame of being one of the first to hack a system. Hacking is alright by itself, but if you use it to get games for free, that just bothers me. Developers put lots of time into games, and people who take advantage of stealing games, are truly sad.

Note: This had little to do with the topic at hand, I just wanted to say it. I have no idea why. ;)

MageOfTheMatrix
05-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Does it have a power button? That's the one feature that I'm missing on the official one. I actually have to get up and turn the console on manually while I should be using my remote control.

GokuX
05-08-2002, 08:40 PM
Yay?

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Yay?

I'd rather go with: ":::yawn:::" =)

dougi3000
05-08-2002, 10:11 PM
i dont understand why you really need a power button for the remote.

Since you have to go up to the xbox to put/remove the movie itself, is it that much harder to move your finger 2 inches to the right and press the power button?!?

hmmmm...............

MageOfTheMatrix
05-08-2002, 11:35 PM
it wouldn't only be for movies. You could use it for when you play games.

My xbox usually always has Halo in it or whatever rented game I have so I don't need to insert disks.

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 12:03 AM
I agree with the Mage, it would be an added convenience just like any other remote.

LynxFX
05-09-2002, 01:07 AM
Why are people so afraid of someone making the Xbox better especially when it is something that has nothing to do with piracy?!?

I bought the Xbox, it is now mine, the warranty is gone and I will do anything I want to it. If that means making it so it can any region game or DVD then that just makes my Xbox more useful to me. Did it hurt you in anyway? NO!!

This is cool news, because like I said in other threads, I do not have a dvd player that plays other regions besides 1 and 0 and there are some DVD's out there that are only out in Region 4 or Region 2 that I want, like Season 1 of Futurama or some films that are full blown special editions in Region 2 yet bare bones discs in Region 1.

Now if they can just unlock progressive scan dvd playback.

melon
05-09-2002, 02:07 AM
yeah, but they don't want you to leave your Disc's in the drive, that's why u have to turn it off manually i bet.

sinizuh
05-09-2002, 02:32 AM
a power button on the remote would be awesome... and greatly needed... cause if i just want to turn my xbox on to listen to some songs... i don't want to get up to turn it on and off... (lazy)

Fixxer
05-09-2002, 03:32 AM
Need a divx player for the xbox *drool*

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
a power button on the remote would be awesome... and greatly needed... cause if i just want to turn my xbox on to listen to some songs... i don't want to get up to turn it on and off... (lazy)

Yet another reason why America's youth are the size of Eric Cartman =)

Spaztic
05-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by smashnp934

Yet another reason why America's youth are the size of Eric Cartman =)

I would like a on/off button and I am not the size of Eric Cartman!

JJaX
05-09-2002, 10:32 AM
I think thats great news. Most DVD players you can input a certain 'code' on the remote to disable region coding. Why by a seperate DVD player for imported DVDS? Thats just dumb.

ANd a power button would be amazing. I enjoy lying in bed at night watching a DVD and dozing off. But then i gotta get up and turn it off? That just sucks. Then im awake again and crap.

smashnp934
05-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

I would like a on/off button and I am not the size of Eric Cartman!

YOU are one of the lucky youth. Say your prayers. Eat your vitamins =).