PDA

View Full Version : "Microsoft is going to roll into E3 like the Imperial Fleet"

SmileBit
05-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Thats what it says in the extras section of xbox.ign.comIs anyone an insider and would anyone be interested in summing up or pasting what it says? Could MS actually dual with Nintendo at this years E3. Please spill...

stang46
05-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Dude they will not only duel with Nintendo, they are gonna smoke em in every category. I'm really pumped about E3 cause I think it marks the beginning of a new chapter in the evolution of the Xbox. Alot of great things are going to be shown and I think its going to sway alot of people who are considering getting an Xbox to take that next step and go get one....

SmileBit
05-08-2002, 08:15 PM
And you know this because....? MS must have a ton of suprises at E3 in order to compete with

Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, and 1080: 2. I doubt MS has the firepower to touch that E3 linup. Nintendo also said most of their titles will be playable.

StillFly
05-08-2002, 08:19 PM
Everyone here knows they are entitled to their own opinion, except for you smileBit.

khaos2005
05-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
And you know this because....? MS must have a ton of suprises at E3 in order to compete with

Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, and 1080: 2. I doubt MS has the firepower to touch that E3 linup. Nintendo also said most of their titles will be playable.

Haha, I thought you left. Blasted!

Just kidding. It's your opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

GokuX
05-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Smile what's up? I thought you knew to post this stuff in the debate room by now. Starfox should be interesting.

MixMasta
05-08-2002, 08:46 PM
ohh, some new versions of nintendo games!!

c'mon, m$ is going to show XBox LIVE!!!! That alone will wipe nintendo and sony out. plus there are alot of new games debuting and losts of surprises!

squid413
05-08-2002, 08:54 PM
3 words- XBOX LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops thats 2 words, oh well.:p

Xbox Owner
05-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Well...believe me, I am a MicroSoft fan, and I am kind of losing patience with X-Box..don't get me wrong, I mean, I still think it is the greatest console ever, but I have to agree with Good 'Ole Smilebit here, They do need some surprizes, they have a big lack of games.:( , But I have faith still, that xbox will show everything to redeam its Crown in the video game world

Xaminor
05-08-2002, 09:15 PM

With a name like Smilebit shouldn't you be playing Jet Set Radio Future and anticipating Panzer Dragoon Orta more than any other game?

BTW I have a feeling Dino Crisis 3, Shenmue 2, Brute Force, Amped 2, Steel Battalion, Project Ego, Fever 2003, Sega GT 2002, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead To Rights, and MGS 2X will fair pretty well to your list, not to mention the probably GTA 3 (Xbox version), Duality, and Strident.

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 09:36 PM

Even though I respect those first four titles, c'mon I've played them before and want new things in gaming. Project Ego. Morrowind. Shenmue II. These are promising and new. These things have not been around since the 8 or 64 bit. This is the future of gaming. And I'm PROUD it's on the XBOX.

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
ohh, some new versions of nintendo games!!

c'mon, m$ is going to show XBox LIVE!!!! That alone will wipe nintendo and sony out. plus there are alot of new games debuting and losts of surprises!

I do not think XboX LIVE will wipe out Sony and Nintendo alone. Although I play computer games online, I do not really see myself paying for a service through the XboX. If anything, I would pay a few extra dollars for the software in order to play online when ever I want with that game. But for me to order a seperate monthly service would be fun for sure, but not economical seeing that I do not get enough time to play my games as it is. Plus, why play online for a fee if I can play just as good games through the computer for free already utilizing my cable modem line.

SmileBit
05-08-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by smashnp934

Even though I respect those first four titles, c'mon I've played them before and want new things in gaming. Project Ego. Morrowind. Shenmue II. These are promising and new. These things have not been around since the 8 or 64 bit. This is the future of gaming. And I'm PROUD it's on the XBOX.

Well obviosly you HAVENT played them much because every die hard Nintendo fan knows each instalment offers a frash new look on the game. Honestly, if its the same old game how come the reviews and sales are so damn high everytime one releases.

SnOoPy
05-08-2002, 10:06 PM

Well obviosly you HAVENT played them much because every die hard Nintendo fan knows each instalment offers a frash new look on the game. Honestly, if its the same old game how come the reviews and sales are so damn high everytime one releases.

Maybe he's not a die hard Niintendo fan. Not everyone that play game are die hard Nintendo fan.

Can't wait for th new Zelda & Metroid game but for Mario :o boring

smashnp934
05-08-2002, 11:59 PM

You have made a mistake. I never said I was a die-hard Nintendo fan. In fact, I am far from it. Sure, I liked the original 8-bit and the 64 bit was great for a while, but I am just tired of the games they put out. Woo hoo, here's Zelda let's beat that game again. Woo Woo, let's play super mario 128 cubed sunshine and beat that again. No thanks.

Nerrad529
05-09-2002, 12:09 AM
Xbox has the best graphics out of any system. There workin there buts off trying to make games. I hope they will get resident evil on the xbox. That would make me happy. Late

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 03:03 AM
Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, and Breed all look sweet! Almost all of these are exclusive.

TheGeezer
05-09-2002, 04:16 AM
I hope they show something to do with Elite 4.... havent played that since the BBC Micro days :D

XBOX Dude
05-09-2002, 10:53 AM
And you know this because....? MS must have a ton of suprises at E3 in order to compete with Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, and 1080: 2. I doubt MS has the firepower to touch that E3 linup. Nintendo also said most of their titles will be playable.

eww i bet microsoft is ****ing in there pants, my god that is a weak line up. if ms had this kind of line up i'd be fearin for them i mean come on some of these games are good but there not that great

Kraft
05-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Unfortunately Nintendo is going to be able to rehash their stuff for as long as people play video games. I agree, you get tired of it after a while. It suprises me that there are still transformers and stuff like that around today, but the again, they are just my old transformers with a few extra moving parts and shinyer paint.

Its true that most people will tire of something once it becomes too repetetive. back in the SNES day I swore I would buy every mario game that ever came out because they were fun. Well, that fell through when all of the sudden there are like 50 mario games. Yeah, I couldn't give half a crap when I heard about mario sunshine, or metroid, or yet another zelda game. I'm all about some new blood in my video game-driven veins, and that is where the xbox comes in. Almost every single one of nintendo's big titles is at least a 3rd or 4th installment if not more of a series. (metriod, zelda, mario, resident evil, starfox) which I am tired of seeing.

But to the gamecubes defense, I do hope to have kids that are into video games one day and I think it would be kinda cool if they were playing a video game with the same characters that I used to play when I was their age.

DZNUTZ
05-09-2002, 11:39 AM
for those of u that say your dissapointed with the xbox so far...i say HUH?????

u think gamecube has a better selection the xbox at the moment?
u think that gamcube has more and better games on the horizon?

i personally think xbox is doing great...and their just picking up steam.

everyones entitled to their own Opinion...
but i can't think of (off the top of my head) one aspect of gaming...that xbox is not leading in....in terms of hardware/software...quality and quanity.

xbox is about to blow up...u non belivers better take cover.

Hugh_Jass
05-09-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by StillFly
Everyone here knows they are entitled to their own opinion, except for you smileBit.

::snicker::

APEX
05-09-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
for those of u that say your dissapointed with the xbox so far...i say HUH?????

u think gamecube has a better selection the xbox at the moment?
u think that gamcube has more and better games on the horizon?

i personally think xbox is doing great...and their just picking up steam.

everyones entitled to their own Opinion...
but i can't think of (off the top of my head) one aspect of gaming...that xbox is not leading in....in terms of hardware/software...quality and quanity.

xbox is about to blow up...u non belivers better take cover.

I agree DZNUTZ....XBOX has delivered thus far and has the most promising future amongst all the consoles imho. Don't get me wrong, I'll be playing METROID, ZELDA, SOCOM, and FFXI...but those games, in my mind atleast, don't compare to XBOX's games like PROJECT EGO, UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP, PANZER DRAGOON ORTA, STEEL BATTALION(TEKKI), KOTOR, BRUTE FORCE and many more promising games that look to raise the bar across all genres....

Add ONLINE GAMING that Sony wish they had and the XBOX future looks damn good imo.......

Crazy Joe
05-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
But to the gamecubes defense, I do hope to have kids that are into video games one day and I think it would be kinda cool if they were playing a video game with the same characters that I used to play when I was their age.

I think that is why they continue to make new games of the same characters, for the same reason they remake the old cartoons like Transformers and Voltron. Some of what appealed to kids 10-15 years still appeals to kids today, most kids now aren't going to play the mario games on NES or even SNES, they have GameCubes and they might only be playing their first or second game with Mario or Zelda.

I liken Nintendo to a quote from Dazed and Confused "I love high school girls, I keep getting older and they stay the same age."

Nintendo alters this to "We love our customers, we keep getting older and they stay the same age."

Some of you may disagree with is, but for the most part, the GameCube is aimed at kids, I am not saying every single game, but the general audience for Nintendo now is children.

OppiumNitrates
05-09-2002, 01:43 PM

ur holding the royal flush now brotha. . . better bet everything u got while u still got it. . . . LoL thats a Sony & MS killing line up if i ever seen one. . . good to see my old pals at Nintendo with some fresh ideas

Kraft
05-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

I liken Nintendo to a quote from Dazed and Confused "I love high school girls, I keep getting older and they stay the same age."

Nintendo alters this to "We love our customers, we keep getting older and they stay the same age."

Some of you may disagree with is, but for the most part, the GameCube is aimed at kids, I am not saying every single game, but the general audience for Nintendo now is children.

Absolutely beautiful analogy, gorth *claps* I don't even think I can add any more to it then that. I still don't understand why people flock to nintendo saying 'they'll change, they'll make more mature games'... Why? They have the perfect fanbase as it is. For the exact same reason, gerber baby food is never going to start marketing cereal under that name, big wheels will never make an actual motorcycles and barbie will never make a lifesize barbie for 30 year olds with a size 12 dress. Each company has a target audience, Nintendo's is mainly kids. Xbox is mainly adults.

APEX
05-09-2002, 02:31 PM
In Nintendo's defence....It is true that nintendo's MAIN audience is infact "kids" but they are making effort to capture some of the adult audience as well....This year they are comming out w/ Eternal Darkness, RE, and Metriod Prime which are definitely aimed at an "older crowd." You do have to give it up to Nintendo for trying to expand their market past little pokemon-crazed addicts.....

If "adult games" are the only type of games you seek then clearly a GameCUBE is not going to be the most satisfying console......

SnOoPy
05-09-2002, 02:32 PM
here a list f ALL XBox exclusive gams coming out this year & the first quarter of 2003 alone& this is not all of it, just a hand full :D

1. Unreal Championship
2. Doom 3
3. B.C.
4. Project Ego
5. Phantom Crash
6. Murakuma
7. Tekki
8. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
9. Sega GT 2002
10. Panzer Dragoon Orta
11. Shenmue 2
12. Shenmue 1
13. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
14. Duality
15. Mech Assault
16. Brute Force
17. Strident
18. Lord Of The Rings
19. Quantum Redshift
20. Superman: The Man of Steel
21. Toejam & Earl
22. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
23. Outlaw Golf
24. Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
25. Rainbow Six: Ghost Recon
26. Yager
27. Gun Metal
28. Hunter: The Reckoning
29. House of the Dead 3(Now NOT Cel Shaded!)
30. Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon
31. Dino Crisis 3
32. Chase
33. Enclave
34. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
35. Deathrow
36. Kakuto Chojin
37. Kung Fu Chaos
38. Sneakers
39. Midtown Madness 3
40. Totaled!
41. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
42. Outlaw Vollyball
43. Nine
44. Battlefield 1942
45. Gaia Blade
46. Farnation
47. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (exclusive for 6 month before going Muilti Platform.)
48. Neverland Saga
49. Matrix (exclusive for 6 month before going Muilti Platform.)

I got this list from a post in GameFAQ. these are just exclusive games that won't comeout on Nintendo nor PS1.5.

APEX
05-09-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by SnOoPy
here a list f ALL XBox exclusive gams coming out this year & the first quarter of 2003 alone& this is not all of it, just a hand full :D

1. Unreal Championship
2. Doom 3
3. B.C.
4. Project Ego
5. Phantom Crash
6. Murakuma
7. Tekki
8. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
9. Sega GT 2002
10. Panzer Dragoon Orta
11. Shenmue 2
12. Shenmue 1
13. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
14. Duality
15. Mech Assault
16. Brute Force
17. Strident
18. Lord Of The Rings
19. Quantum Redshift
20. Superman: The Man of Steel
21. Toejam & Earl
22. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
23. Outlaw Golf
24. Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
25. Rainbow Six: Ghost Recon
26. Yager
27. Gun Metal
28. Hunter: The Reckoning
29. House of the Dead 3(Now NOT Cel Shaded!)
30. Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon
31. Dino Crisis 3
32. Chase
33. Enclave
34. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
35. Deathrow
36. Kakuto Chojin
37. Kung Fu Chaos
38. Sneakers
39. Midtown Madness 3
40. Totaled!
41. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
42. Outlaw Vollyball
43. Nine
44. Battlefield 1942
45. Gaia Blade
46. Farnation
47. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (exclusive for 6 month before going Muilti Platform.)
48. Neverland Saga
49. Matrix (exclusive for 6 month before going Muilti Platform.)

I got this list from a post in GameFAQ. these are just exclusive games that won't comeout on Nintendo nor PS1.5.

:droolS::p

Kraft
05-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by APEX

:droolS::p

and you know what the greatest thing about that list is? It is completely devoid of the words 'mario', 'metriod', 'zelda', 'starfox' and 'donkey kong'

Slacker
05-09-2002, 03:22 PM
When I was on the side lines deciding what Console to get I first thought of nintendo , because I was a Huge zelda Fan and imagined a better more fun oscarna of time , but when I saw the screens I was upset, Now I didn't want Devil May cry Graphics but I would of loved more Manga style than Warner Brothers Bugs bunny style, ... So I went to the next Game I thought was cool Metroid.........uh....well I think I just out grown nintendo , I'm 27 and I need more stimulation than the old tired Games I have been playing over a Decade ,

Cartoon grahpics in the first legend of Zelda was great cartoon graphics because that looked good on the system, I thinkI have just Grown up and need more stimulation than the simple puzzles in Zelda games , and resident Evil.....come on that game died years ago, and wasn't very good when it came out,

Now Rouge squadron Is an awesome game and I am sure Nintendo will have a few games That I will go , Damn I whish I had a Game cube,,,but alot of Xbox games will come out and I will say Damn I am glad I bought an Xbox

Kennedy
05-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Nintendo can only remake the same games so many times before people get sick of em.

Nintendo is the oppisite of microsoft, while MS strives for innovation and to bring new games and new features to the gaming industry, NIN prefers to sit on their 3 20 year old franchises and cash in on the little kids market with their GBA.

l Maximus l
05-09-2002, 04:30 PM

Well, let's discuss this one game at a time:

Mario - another rehash (has Nintendo milked this character enough?)

Metroid - Should be cool, but, can this even come remotely as close as Halo?

Star Fox - another rehash of a horrible game on the N64.

Zelda - another rehash...this game must have nipples because Nintendo milks the crap out of Zelda. Prepare for pampers this coming May 24 at E3 ;)

1080 2 - should be interesting since I was a huge fan of 1080 on the N64. I just hope they add more playable riders, customizations, more boards, bindings, boots, attire, levels, and better music!!

But, on a better note, one this is for sure, Microsoft knows how to market products at trade shows. This is their specialty. They may lack on TV commercials and other things, however, trade shows are Microsoft's happy-medium. No one will be able to come close to them even if they had nothing new to show. I can't wait to watch the dudes at Nintendo sink in their chairs holding their Metroid Prime when they see Halo 2 announced! BWAHAHHAHAHAHA!! ;)

APEX
05-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Well I'm always down to play another Zelda, Metroid, or the next Super Mario......I know this is a XBOX forum but as a gamer, I have to say that Nintendo has dished out some of the best games in this medium....

Sure alot of these games are not going to apeal to alot of "mature gamers" but they are quality games and, more often than not, are not rehashes. Games like ZOOT, MARIO 64, Super Mario bros., and Super Metroid changed the entire industry and even became a stepping stone for many "mature games" that we now enjoy on our XBOX.

Right now I love what Microsoft is doing with the XBOX...They are pushing gaming in new direction(much like Nintendo) with genre-breaking titles and online gaming. The XBOX is poised to have an amazing future but let's not forget who the pioneers in this industry are who helped progress this market and paved the way for companies like SONY & Microsoft.....

Microsoft has A LOT of potential but they still have a LOT to prove...I'm hoping they can come into E3 with vengance and wipe away last year's unsatisfactory E3 performance....I'm confident that they will.....

I'm just glad that there are talented game companies like Nintendo pushing MS to the fullest....Compitition breeds good games and that's all I'm really focused on......

l Maximus l
05-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Apex...I respect your post...and, yes, Nintendo was one of the original pioneers to the industry, but, you can't honestly tell me that another Mario and Zelda game is not a rehash. Nintendo has milked those characters for all their worth.

To give you an example, how ridiculous does this look?

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Super Halo
4. Super Halo Brothers
4. Super Halo Brothers 64
5. Super Smash Halo Melee
6. Halokart
7. Halo Golf
8. Halo Tennis
9. Super Halo World
10. Paper Halo

I think you may get the point ;)

Kennedy
05-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Apex...I respect your post...and, yes, Nintendo was one of the original pioneers to the industry, but, you can't honestly tell me that another Mario and Zelda game is not a rehash. Nintendo has milked those characters for all their worth.

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Super Halo
4. Super Halo Brothers
6. Halokart
7. Halo Golf
8. Halo Tennis
9. Super Halo World
10. Paper Halo

dont forget Halo party!

come on, really, its time nintendo do something else besides resting comftably on some games that have been re-done like 30 times. Ofcourse we can all agree that at one time Mario and Zelda were ground breaking and definatly advanced the gaming industry, but that was decades ago and now were just getting the same damn games with a slight graphic increase and a few new colors of bowser.

Nintendo will be history if they cant get enough guts to take a risk on a new concept, cause its obvious to alot of people these old classics have been milked for all their worth.

thunderkiss2k1
05-09-2002, 06:23 PM

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Super Halo
4. Super Halo Brothers
6. Halokart
7. Halo Golf
8. Halo Tennis
9. Super Halo World
10. Paper Halo

I'm kinda looking forward to Halo Golf. Imagine using warthogs as golf carts! lol :D

Kamshaft
05-09-2002, 06:36 PM
This thread is cool.

Aspecially the Halo Golf! :cool:

I agree, I love my GBA and all, but the mario thing has been around since the acrade version of Mario Bros. I was 15 when I first played that! Dang that's like 16 years ago!

The Mario franchise has to go...I'm sure they can come up something else even better. I don't think they spend their time looking at the wall with new ideas that fail to penetrate their brains!

Halo 2, I like the sound of that! Bigger guns, bigger vehicles, bigger guns.

Did I mention that I wanted bigger guns?!?!

I think personally Microsoft has a few "Ace" cards up their sleeves, with a talked about a possible price cut, the online service, maybe a few killer games like Motocross Madness 3 maybe...who knows. Microsoft made some silly mistakes last year at E3, they won't make the same ones again. Trust me.

Xbox Owner
05-09-2002, 06:44 PM

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Super Halo
4. Super Halo Brothers
6. Halokart
7. Halo Golf
8. Halo Tennis
9. Super Halo World
10. Paper Halo

lmao....

plpkb
05-09-2002, 07:47 PM
When I was on the side lines deciding what Console to get I first thought of nintendo , because I was a Huge zelda Fan and imagined a better more fun oscarna of time , but when I saw the screens I was upset, Now I didn't want Devil May cry Graphics but I would of loved more Manga style than Warner Brothers Bugs bunny style, ... So I went to the next Game I thought was cool Metroid.........uh....well I think I just out grown nintendo , I'm 27 and I need more stimulation than the old tired Games I have been playing over a Decade ,
I feel the same way. I was going to get a cube just for zelda and the hopes of a more mature line up. Space world killed what hope I had. This 27 year old couldnt be happier with his xbox.

APEX
05-09-2002, 08:03 PM
LOL...that was pretty damn clever MAXIMUS........hehe

Ya I agree that Nintendo does a good amount of "milking"....no doubt about that.... I mean I'm truthfully getting pretty tired of seeing that goofy plumber and his damn mushroom fetishes -but- I still gotta disagree about Nintendo rehashing their games.

Most people that have played those games you listed agree that the gameplay -for the most part- has been a new experience regardless if they star the same characters . Think of how Super Mario Bros changed the way we look at 2d games...Now think back to when Mario 64(along w/ Tombraider) defined how we play 3rd person games. Zelda: OOT(another "milked" franchise) raised the quality bar extremely high when it was released and is now having a major influence on "next-gen games"(Peter Molyneux has sated many times that ZOOT is one of his largest inspirations for PROJECT EGO)

Trust me, I don't agree with "milking" a franchise(HaloKart would scare the hell outta me :eek: ) but I'm not going to disregard innovative gameplay when I see it........

The next time you see a game like PROJECT EGO.....

http://lionsource.com/projectego/pictures/screenshots/2001/16.jpg

.....think about what game(s) might have influenced it........:p

~nVidia~
05-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Nintendo will have a good E3 as I see it.

On the other hand, Xbox will have a great E3.

Here:

Metal Gear Solid: Substance
GTA3
Halo 2
Unreal Championship
Brute Force

Those are just SOME huge titles that will be at E3. Can't WAIT!!!

Xboxfan123
05-09-2002, 08:30 PM

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Super Halo
4. Super Halo Brothers
6. Halokart
7. Halo Golf
8. Halo Tennis
9. Super Halo World
10. Paper Halo

You said it Max. Does anyone else here notice that when we show the GC fanboys how stupid it is to keep (In your words Max) milking the same games over and over they stop posting in the thread?

To me games are like movies. Remember a movie like Jaws and how awesome it was? Remember Jaws 4 and wishing that the shark would just eat the whole cast, crew and director so there couldn't be a Jaws 5? Well video games are similar in that aspect. How many more Mario games must we endure. Enough of Zelda, Pikman, Pokeman, and Pacman already.

HaVoK
05-09-2002, 08:31 PM
I'm just going to say that XBOX is going to blow the compitition away!......that is all.......;)

APEX
05-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by HaVoK
I'm just going to say that XBOX is going to blow the compitition away!......that is all.......;)

I'm all for that.......

I hope my little Nintendo rant doesn't lead you guys to think I'm some Nintendo "fanboy". Trust me, if I was I would definitely not be here.

The XBOX is my console of choice this generation and I'm sure it's going to rock the casa at E3 but that doesn't mean that I'm not excited about the competition......

Anyways, to get back on topic-->My MOST anticipated game right now has to be PANZER DRAGOON ORTA. Sega showed me a little leg with those recent screens and I can't wait for her (The beautiful Orta) to take it ALL off at E3......:cool:

I'm interested to see what "rpg elements" are going to be incorperated in the gameplay. Will you be able to level up? Will the dragons morph as you progress? Will PDO be on rails or open ended? There are just soo many mysteries surrounding this game that's driving me nuts.....:confused:

Virtuoso
05-09-2002, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by APEX
[Trust me, I don't agree with "milking" a franchise(HaloKart would scare the hell outta me :eek: ) but I'm not going to disregard innovative gameplay when I see it........

:D :)

I own all the systems................good competition breeds nothing but better games. But XBOX will run away with it.

Look at it this way.............

Mario- VRS................ XBOX secret Platformer

Zelda-VRS................project EGO and KOTOR, and Morrowind for XBOX

Metroid-VRS.............. UC, Halo 2, Doom 3, Breed, Yager, XBOX

Star Fox-VRS............. Panzer Dragoon orta, Duality, Strident,

Cameo-VRS.............. Ninja Gaiden, knights of D on the BOX

Eternal Darkness-VRS........... Project Phoenix, Matrix, The Unseen, Ultimate Blade of Darkness,

Well you get the picture............Sure there are more for both consoles, but XBOX cannot be touched. I own all of the consoles, so whatever is best is best, fine with me, but realistically speaking at least for me...........XBOX will reign supreme. And I still will look at a few GC games for that extra fun now and then.

TheGeezer
05-10-2002, 03:25 AM
Id just like to say that after a shaky start in the UK, Xbox is defo starting to shine..... there is just a much more positive feedback/feeling from the media now. E3 will help support this.

Time for my shades as the future is indeed looking bright.

:cool:

Kraft
05-10-2002, 08:41 AM

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Super Halo
4. Super Halo Brothers
6. Halokart
7. Halo Golf
8. Halo Tennis
9. Super Halo World
10. Paper Halo

recycling posts, eh max? And you still forgot to include halo's evil twin, WALO! Walo land 1-4 are going to be great!

Rowdie
05-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Zelda: OOT(another "milked" franchise) raised the quality bar extremely high when it was released and is now having a major influence on "next-gen games"(Peter Molyneux has sated many times that ZOOT is one of his largest inspirations for PROJECT EGO)

Trust me, I don't agree with "milking" a franchise(HaloKart would scare the hell outta me :eek: ) but I'm not going to disregard innovative gameplay when I see it........

Populas, Power Monger, Dungeon Keeper, B&W, Dungeons and Dragons, AD&D, D&D II, what about it?

Rowdie
05-10-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

recycling posts, eh max? And you still forgot to include halo's evil twin, WALO! Walo land 1-4 are going to be great!

Here I though Halo's evil twin was Olah?

And don't forget Master Chief's bro, Boss Chief. He's the star of Boss' Haunted Castle!:cool:

darianX
05-10-2002, 03:17 PM

Zelda - another rehash...this game must have nipples because Nintendo milks the crap out of Zelda. Prepare for pampers this coming May 24 at E3

Oh my God!!! I spit freakin water all over my monitor reading this!!! I'm sueing Max if my monitor dies...ROFL

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by darianX

Oh my God!!! I spit freakin water all over my monitor reading this!!! I'm sueing Max if my monitor dies...ROFL

hehe...I better get my Lawyer! :D

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 03:28 PM
LOL...that was pretty damn clever MAXIMUS........hehe

Ya I agree that Nintendo does a good amount of "milking"....no doubt about that.... I mean I'm truthfully getting pretty tired of seeing that goofy plumber and his damn mushroom fetishes -but- I still gotta disagree about Nintendo rehashing their games.

Most people that have played those games you listed agree that the gameplay -for the most part- has been a new experience regardless if they star the same characters . Think of how Super Mario Bros changed the way we look at 2d games...Now think back to when Mario 64(along w/ Tombraider) defined how we play 3rd person games. Zelda: OOT(another "milked" franchise) raised the quality bar extremely high when it was released and is now having a major influence on "next-gen games"(Peter Molyneux has sated many times that ZOOT is one of his largest inspirations for PROJECT EGO)

Good post, Apex...and I don't disagree. Certainly Nintendo is one of the great pioneers for the gaming industry... and, when I meant "rehash", I simply meant that they overwork their characters too much and create games that are similar in a lot of respects. Yes, I realize that games have come from 2D to 3D and so on, but, you must admit, this new Zelda for the Gamecube really is sad. I mean, in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Link went from a young boy and was able to "transform" (for the lack of a better term at the moment) to a young man. However, in this new version for the GameCube, Link is practically found strapped into a Huggies diaper!

But, I guess the chronological issue isn't that big of a deal. I just wish Nintendo's product development team could atleast come up with something a little more clever than re-using the same chracters over and over and over and over again.

Also, KraftSLU: hehe...gotta love that Walo! :D

OppiumNitrates
05-10-2002, 03:46 PM
now im not taking nintendos side cauz they do milk the **** out of there good games but. . . . 10 yrs ago who wasnt playing Zelda mario and Metroid. . . they made some killer games too bad they could make multiple killer games all with new stories and characters. . . .

all im saying is . . . .i wouldnt have become the gamer i am today with out those titles from my past. . .i must have beaten the Legend of Zelda 100 times. . . . deffinatly one of the all time greatest games ever

Dude when does Super Halo Brothers come out? ? ? ? ?

LoL