PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about the Unseen?

Dar
05-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Does anyone have any information on this game? It's rumored to be making an appearance at E3 but nothing is confirmed. This looks like a cool and interesting title. Does anyone know what genre it is? Anything at all?:)

Virtuoso
05-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Yes I do................:)

It is said to be from very reliable sources a survival/horror 3rd person act/adv game. With "MORPHING" being a part of the game.

From working with Microsoft on another project as a hired gun I caught wind of a few things through the grapevine. This game has more resources behind it than any game I have ever heard of. From programmers to artists and designers. Microsoft is thinking of this game along with Brute Force, Knights of D, and a secret platformer ( Not yet announced) as one of there aces.............1st party mega hit in the making.

E3 will un-veil this beast, and I will be all over it ...........word is there will be a playable version and I'll get some extra juice on it as well when at E3. I get a little time behind the steel walls at E3 with it and will let you know here what I saw.........maybe a extra screen or two too.;) :)

Dukefan22
05-08-2002, 10:05 PM
heh, with Virtuoso around, you don't title threads "Does anyone know about...." You title them, "Hey, Virtuoso, come here and tell me about...." He knows things about pretty much any game out there, and I get more info from his posts then I do from some webistes

Virtuoso
05-08-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Dukefan22
heh, with Virtuoso around, you don't title threads "Does anyone know about...." You title them, "Hey, Virtuoso, come here and tell me about...." He knows things about pretty much any game out there, and I get more info from his posts then I do from some webistes

Good job Dukefan..........I'll send you a free copy of Morrowind in the mail.............;) :)

Master Gracey
05-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Virtuoso
It is said to be from very reliable sources a survival/horror 3rd person act/adv game. With "MORPHING" being a part of the game.

GRRR!!!! That's yet another one!

I was told (also from a rather reliable source, though your source sounds MUCH more reliable than mine) that this game was going to be an RPG. So it's just going to be a shooter? That totally sucks... even if it's revolutionary, it's still a shooter. I'm not a big fan of shooters (even Halo.)

And since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the official website of Unseen is http://www.moiraworld.com.

EDIT: the website seems to be down right now... either that, or it's been changed or is gone in anticipation E3. I don't know which, but I'll leave the link on this post in case it's up again soon. They were pulling a Blair Witch sort of thing and doing the website as if it were actually run by a person named Moira (the game's main character.) They never made reference to the fact that it was a videogame... except her interests section contained a whole bunch of videogame jargon. Of course, having a large E3 unveiling kinda blows their clever ruse.

Slacker
05-08-2002, 10:50 PM
It's also a Creepy Movie from the 70's , about a group of three young hot 70's chicks that are reporters for a L.A News channel they go to cover the celebrations at Solvang the Scandinavian Town in Southern California ,,,well of course the hotel messed up there reservations and have no more rooms, so they decide to go to the next town , and they find a hotel in a Small creepy town , well the hotel has ben converted into a Muesem ,

The Curator of the muesem is a Odd fellow somebody like you find in an H.P. lovecraft Novel, well he plays hardball with them and then "Lets" them stay at his house in the country , well the girls go and soon something keeps getting the girls from the vents , and of course two get killed and the the third is left , and she uncovers that the guy has Mated with his sister , and spawned a inbred retarted mutant , who likes pretty girls, its actually really cool , but you must like Horror films , along the line of texas chainsaw massacre..... ,,yeah Im a movie Geek , I love horror films ,

Virtuoso
05-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Actually while it's not a all out RPG.........we do get Morrowind, EGO, Kotor to name the big ones as of now to fill that genre real well. But this game is more of what the new trend of games seems to be heading towards.............a blur of mixing genres, no real fine lines.........it will have adventure to go with the battle and shooting, along with RPG elements sprinkled in. More rounded and open-ended type gaming ( Like Morrowind and EGO) and a cross of genres..............Look for it to be one speacial game, a true next gen game, I mean a ton of real talented people have worked on this game full time and some part time on speacial tasks. It's one majorly backed game with resources that are just out of this world backing it. ;) :)

Master Gracey............So don't fret, the game still will have RPG elements, and maybe more than we know at this point. But it will have some form of RPG to a point at least.:)

Dukefan22
05-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Virtuoso Good job Dukefan..........I'll send you a free copy of Morrowind in the mail.............;) :)

*runs out and checks his mailbox every day* I better get one!! If not, I still have my EBgames preorder to keep me company :D

Virtuoso
05-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Dukefan22

*runs out and checks his mailbox every day* I better get one!! If not, I still have my EBgames preorder to keep me company :D

Smart man, a man with a back up plan. How excited are you for Morrowind Duke................. I know you just got to be the biggest fan............. It's killing me waiting for the XBOX version.............:)

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 12:32 AM
What is CMR3 Virtuoso?

Dukefan22
05-09-2002, 01:37 AM
It's really getting off topic, but over at "THE OTHER FORUMS" ;) Someone posted a topic for me, which was telling about someone's experience in Morrowind, and how he found one thing was was really cool, and so he tried to replicate the whole thing, and couldn't, although he did everything exactly the same. It's things like that that excite me about a game. Forget things you can experience all the time, give me the chance things that will make me go, WOW... Plus I went to EB the other day just to look at the Morrowind PC box, so that should tell you how excited I am....

Virtuoso
05-09-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by DVDGNZ
What is CMR3 Virtuoso?

MMC3 is ..............Colin MaCrae racing 3........coming for the XBOX in September. So Rallisport just might have some company. :)

Dukefan................. Not too much longer of wait.....Your patience will be rewarded.........;) :) :D

DarthTyanus69
05-09-2002, 02:11 AM
This game sounds intrigueing. Thanks for the info Virtuoso.

DarthTyranus

Hugh_Jass
05-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

And since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the official website of Unseen is http://www.moiraworld.com.

EDIT: the website seems to be down right now... either that, or it's been changed or is gone in anticipation E3. I don't know which, but I'll leave the link on this post in case it's up again soon.

It's not entirely down. Go to the site and hit CTRL-A for a hidden message. :D

Hugh_Jass
05-09-2002, 12:33 PM
I poked around and found a valid page on that site:

http://www.moiraworld.com/me.htm

After you're in you can use the nav bar to find the rest of the pages. It's only the default page that has been replaced.

DZNUTZ
05-09-2002, 12:34 PM
virtuoso....what do u do for a living? are u in the gaming industry?

amyways...i must also give u kudos..u a great new edition to the xba army...and you make great threads and posts with great info.
keep it commming!!:)

Marc
05-09-2002, 01:01 PM
I haven't seen it...

Virtuoso
05-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
virtuoso....what do u do for a living? are u in the gaming industry?

amyways...i must also give u kudos..u a great new edition to the xba army...and you make great threads and posts with great info.
keep it commming!!:)

Thanks DZNUTZ.............. I am a freelance CG artist, I am working on my own Private CG project with my Brother who is a pretty big investor in the games industry and also a CG artist for many years in the industry. We do some Cg work as hired guns for projects that allow us to more or less at least use our full vision without compromising our talents, we just hate low poly work...............;)

I am glad to be here. But the big plus is that many great posters and knowledgable people came here with me from another Forum that will be far more valuable to this place. It's a good time to be a gamer with E3 right around the corner and all the great XBOX titles about to rear there beautiful heads.

See you around the Forums...........:)

Master Gracey
05-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
It's only the default page that has been replaced.

Good work on finding the site again! :)

Last night when I tried to go to it, it really was down... that black screen wasn't there. I just got the 404 Not Found error. I'm so glad to see that SOMETHING is there again!

Hugh_Jass
08-28-2002, 12:20 PM
This title sure is living up to its name. We haven't seen any updates for The Unseen since E3.