PDA

View Full Version : crab music options in rallisport

Rochey69r
05-09-2002, 02:51 AM
in my opinion rallisport could have been a great game.
it has the best visuals i have seen in a car game.
great damage and handling of cars.

things that let it down:

29 cars. this is just weak. if you want a game that beats GT3 then you need at least 60 REAL cars.

poor music options. you can choose what songs you want in the main menu. but while in a race when you really wanna listen to say metallica - master of puppets you cant just go to music options and change it! you have no choice of what song is playing! :mad:

dissapearing act - when you go of track your car is reset magically on the middle again. you can only go off a certain distance b4 you are reset on the track. im sure most people wana have it so they know if they take a corner to hard and go off track they will pay for it! not just get reset back in the middle of the track!

there just had to get that off my chest!

make 60 cars. all customizable.

make the simple feature of being able to choose what music is playing.

and dont make the cars magically reset so kwikly!! or at least make an option! :mad:

Nerrad529
05-09-2002, 03:02 AM
I play rallisport challenge on my demo disc. That game don't impress me that much. It is fun though, if I was gonna get a racing game. I would wait until something better comes out. Late

TheGeezer
05-09-2002, 03:21 AM
I think they should also put more of a heart into it... i.e improve the reward for winning etc... not just have a cup rotating for example, basically put a bit more soul into it.

I do like this game loads though.

To do with the resetting of the car if you crash point:- when playing on normal skill level you still lose enough time to make winning that stage difficult so you are still penalised for crashing....+ you lose points for the car damage caused.

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r

things that let it down:

29 cars. this is just weak. if you want a game that beats GT3 then you need at least 60 REAL cars.

poor music options. you can choose what songs you want in the main menu. but while in a race when you really wanna listen to say metallica - master of puppets you cant just go to music options and change it! you have no choice of what song is playing! :mad:

dissapearing act - when you go of track your car is reset magically on the middle again. you can only go off a certain distance b4 you are reset on the track. im sure most people wana have it so they know if they take a corner to hard and go off track they will pay for it! not just get reset back in the middle of the track!

and dont make the cars magically reset so kwikly!! or at least make an option! :mad:

Agreed!

Fixxer
05-09-2002, 03:29 AM
I love the physics in Rallisport Challenge... Its really easy to get a good powerslide around a tight corner. I rented it and played it on easy and ended up beating the game before all the races were done. Those last hill climbs are killer. I wish I could try it on normal now.

TheGeezer
05-09-2002, 06:11 AM
yeah a flew through it on easy but normal is allot more challenging

Rochey69r
05-09-2002, 06:20 AM
i have been waiting to recieve it for about 2 weeks now.

i have 3 packadges waiting to arrive for me! lol

1. xbox loyalty pack (rallisport, halo (which i am selling as i already have it) and a controller

2. Halo Prima guide. glady given by the kind folks at XBA and Prima. i chose halo as i thought y get something else when i can be a master at the greatest game of all time. with a lil help from the guide of course.

3. PGR and ADVANCED AV PACK because my HIGH DEF pack dosnt work.

im pretty lucky eh?

so you recon i should do it on normal?? (rallisport that is) :p

TheGeezer
05-09-2002, 06:26 AM
I would go through some of it on easy to get used to it and then start going through it on normal. it is quite a jump between the levels. Some of normal is bloody frustrating at times.

Rochey69r
05-12-2002, 03:37 AM
cool man,

thanx for da advice!!

any1 got ralllisport?? like it??
tell all!

Rancey
05-12-2002, 06:50 AM
i have been waiting to recieve it for about 2 weeks now.

i have 3 packadges waiting to arrive for me! lol

1. xbox loyalty pack (rallisport, halo (which i am selling as i already have it) and a controller

2. Halo Prima guide. glady given by the kind folks at XBA and Prima. i chose halo as i thought y get something else when i can be a master at the greatest game of all time. with a lil help from the guide of course.

3. PGR and ADVANCED AV PACK because my HIGH DEF pack dosnt work.

im pretty lucky eh?

so you recon i should do it on normal?? (rallisport that is) :p

I see you took my advice on picking up a HDTV Pack :)

Rochey69r
05-12-2002, 10:50 PM
yeah i did the dodgy on microsoft. lol

i sent both cables you get with the high def pack is that ok??

i didnt send the box or instructions or receipt where i bought it

is that ok? what did you send :cool:

Kortiz
05-13-2002, 01:32 AM
dont be so greedy. the music ability by itself is good enough. and if you dont like the music you got on there get rid of it and fill it full of one song.......or just restart and hope for the best.

being reset on the track......ok for one thing this game isnt like GT3.....no where near it. when you race in a sport like this you arnt supposed to cut the corners....of course roaming around would be cool sometimes. i also think there was a little hold back becuase it may have been too hard to make the game roam free and such.

i do, however, agree that there should have been more cars available to play. 30 is a good amount though.

the key factor is are you having fun? that is what makes it a bad game or not.

you can also email the developers and pitch ur problems to them....im sure there will be another RSC on the way next year.

*waits for Maximus to jump in*

Rochey69r
05-13-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
dont be so greedy. the music ability by itself is good enough. and if you dont like the music you got on there get rid of it and fill it full of one song.......or just restart and hope for the best.

being reset on the track......ok for one thing this game isnt like GT3.....no where near it. when you race in a sport like this you arnt supposed to cut the corners....of course roaming around would be cool sometimes. i also think there was a little hold back becuase it may have been too hard to make the game roam free and such.

i do, however, agree that there should have been more cars available to play. 30 is a good amount though.

the key factor is are you having fun? that is what makes it a bad game or not.

you can also email the developers and pitch ur problems to them....im sure there will be another RSC on the way next year.

*waits for Maximus to jump in*

thats the thing they could have fixed the music option easily!
same with the reset feature just have it so you can choose between reset feature on or off.
30 cars is weak no one can give a good point for that.
you cant upgrade them. that sucks.
im still waiting for it to come in the mail.

p.s Holdens rule fords suck!

JJaX
05-13-2002, 10:27 AM
I just play 4-player multiplayer. And i think the game is a blast.

I do agree it sucks that you reset to easily if you go of course. But thats nit picking a great game..

Unreal
05-13-2002, 10:38 AM

things that let it down:

<b>Yes 29 cars is not alot but the game is not competing with GT3. It is a Rally game. Besides how many of the cars would you actually use anyway. I use the Skyline GTR about 90% of the time.</b>

<b>I will give you that. But if you want to just listen to Metallica, then just select it in the options before playing.</b>

<b>The developers wanted the game to play fast and to be fun. They want you to spend as much time on the track then off of it.</b>

<b>The reason why the cars are not cutomizable at least in RS 1, is that they wanted to stay away from that aspect of the game to make it more of a pick up and play type of game. I like arcade racers and I believe they set out and accomplished what they wanted to.</b>

<b>I can go for that. Like the way Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding allows you to with a push of a button</b>

<b>I agree and disagree with that. If you are making an arcade racer, reset. If you are making a simulation, do no reset</b>

JJaX
05-13-2002, 10:43 AM
hehehe i race the nissan Skyline 100% of the time. Thats my baby!

Unreal
05-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
hehehe i race the nissan Skyline 100% of the time. Thats my baby!
You the man ;) :D

Rochey69r
05-14-2002, 02:26 AM
Yes 29 cars is not alot but the game is not competing with GT3. It is a Rally game. Besides how many of the cars would you actually use anyway. I use the Skyline GTR about 90% of the time.

well i dont like many of the cars in rallisport. a lot are from the 80's! i want more choice!! i want more choice ******!

poor music options. you can choose what songs you want in the main menu. but while in a race when you really wanna listen to say metallica - master of puppets you cant just go to music options and change it! you have no choice of what song is playing!
I will give you that. But if you want to just listen to Metallica, then just select it in the options before playing.

well what if im listening to Metallica and Millencolin and Greenday and The Offspring and a whole lot of others. my point is it could have easily been fixed!!

The developers wanted the game to play fast and to be fun. They want you to spend as much time on the track then off of it.

it happens to kwikly! and when my friends and i wanna head on smash over a jump its hard because you cant go off track!!

The reason why the cars are not cutomizable at least in RS 1, is that they wanted to stay away from that aspect of the game to make it more of a pick up and play type of game. I like arcade racers and I believe they set out and accomplished what they wanted to.

I can go for that. Like the way Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding allows you to with a push of a button

AGREED!!

and dont make the cars magically reset so kwikly!! or at least make an option!
I agree and disagree with that. If you are making an arcade racer, reset. If you are making a simulation, do no reset

how about an option of reset or no reset?

Kortiz
05-14-2002, 02:46 PM
i keel you if ya say another thing about fords......ok i wont....but ****** man dont talk SHIAT! MUTHA TRUCKA

and what the flip is a holden?

Rochey69r
05-15-2002, 12:34 AM
don't worry you americans wouldnt understand.

its an Aussie thing!

HOLDENS RULE! :cool: