PDA

View Full Version : controller-s & Madcat controller

h2ok9gbh
05-09-2002, 05:10 AM
i'm a new member so don't get on me if yall have already discussed this to death.

I really like the new controller-s
I don't have small hands
I just like the playstation-like layout of the A,X,Y,B buttons.
They are in a more traditional diamond pattern instead of the slanted diamond of the original.
It's easier for me to hit them as I still have years of PS1 gaming burnt into my reflexes.
After buying an extra Microsoft controller on 11-15-01, I bought two MadKatz controllers as soon as they came out for the same reason. (I also bought them cause my friends were crying about the original controller, or should I say making excuses)
I think I like the position of the white & black buttons on the S also.
The only concern I have is that I have accidently hit the start button a couple of times on the S
I'm not diss'n the original controller. I still remember when I first bought a PS1 after years of playing Genesis. I didn't think I would ever get used to it. But I did.

DrUnKtAnK
05-09-2002, 09:18 AM
That was the only problem that I had when I first played my xbox, my brain was programmed to use PS controllers and it took me a few days to really get comfy...No way I am looking back now ;)

terrapin
05-09-2002, 10:20 AM
I recently got the S controller. I like it though it feels too small. guess I am use to the orginal controller. Though, I still have to use the orginal when I play Tony Hawk. The buttons are a too far from each other and I keep missing my grinds.

Rowdie
05-10-2002, 08:53 AM
I like the S. I have two gripes though. One it's a bit small. Two the diamond layout of the face buttons sucks just like it did way back in the snes days. Look if MS had the buttons of the S controler on the original that would be the best layout. None of the modern controlers have buttons that come close to the feel and layout of the six button genesis controlers, but most are workable. The tiny lil hard, overly domed buttons of the original controler are the worst. Man trying to play button intensive games on that thing becomes a problem for my soft lil thumb. I lost the snes callast ages ago.

Oh, I think I like the S better then the madkatz highend model. But they're pretty close. :cool: