PDA

View Full Version : What made you want XBox???

AlBoogy
10-02-2001, 08:16 PM
I started thinking the other day,,, i used to HATE microsoft! When they were talking about making xbox i said "yeah right, i just might help out bill gates". And i also used to think there was no way in hell it was going to suceed. I started to wonder what in the world made me change my mind? Im still not sure to this day. Although I have an idea. I think it was when i read about the possibilities of a hard drive and when i read how ps2 wasnt strong enough for oddworld. What made you guys like the xbox? I have to talk about something to get me through the next 44 days =)

cvking
10-02-2001, 08:21 PM
the reason why i want XBOX is becasue the RAW POWER!!!, and the sh.itload of games, internet, HD i mean WHO BETTER THAN XBOX?

Heyyoudvd
10-02-2001, 09:49 PM
What made me want XBox?

Nothing.

I don't want XBox.

You guys can keep your oversized, black briefcase that crashes more often than a female driver after 25 shots of Smirnoff.

addict733
10-02-2001, 09:54 PM
I had always been "intrested" in it. i would check out the xbox.com page every month. then one day i was looking at thps3 screenshots at acitivision.com. i reallized that my computer sucked to much to get it. since getting a new computer would be way to expensive i just decided to get xbox. since my bros friends have ps2 i like annoying them about the xboxs abilities.

Vipermmx
10-02-2001, 10:05 PM
Nothing.

I don't want XBox.

You guys can keep your oversized, black briefcase that crashes more often than a female driver after 25 shots of Smirnoff.

Anyone ever tell you your an idiot? lmao. Im a hardcore PC gamer at heart but comments like this make me sick. Did Bill jab you in the buttocks alittle to hard or something? How do you know it crashs smart one? you dont? Thought so. Take your over sized empty head and leave. HAHAH.

X-Box= Kickass Mature Games.

Gamecube= Pokamon and Piki!!!! Woohooo!!

Hmmm...... Think ill take the over sized black box thanks.

Heyyoudvd
10-02-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Vipermmx

Anyone ever tell you your an idiot? lmao. Im a hardcore PC gamer at heart but comments like this make me sick. Did Bill jab you in the buttocks alittle to hard or something? How do you know it crashs smart one? you dont? Thought so. Take your over sized empty head and leave. HAHAH.

X-Box= Kickass Mature Games.

Gamecube= Pokamon and Piki!!!! Woohooo!!

Hmmm...... Think ill take the over sized black box thanks.

How do I know XBox crashes? Don't you remember a while ago when it was being showed at some event (I can't remeber if it was E3 2000/2001 or some other event) and Bill gates was showing off the X-Box on an screen, when the infamous blue screen appeared. (it crashed).

AlBoogy
10-02-2001, 10:49 PM
Just ignore the silly fanboy and maybe he will go back to whatever forum he came from. He couldnt even give a LEGITIMATE reason for not wanting xbox.

Severe_Tire_Damage
10-02-2001, 10:54 PM
Mostly 'cause it was better then the other option....

dolphaholic
10-02-2001, 10:56 PM
I laughed when I heard billy ***tes making a system. But then, the specs appeared nice. But I would never buy a system cause of its raw power. That is a *** reason to do it.

Now Halo. That tight arse looking game caugt my attention. I really want to play that mofo. Its beautiful, sounds awesome, and is exclusive. That should be all i haveta say.

But, sadly I am not getting the xbox at launch. I am getting GC cause its cheaper and I like Nintendo systems. But I am definately gonna get an xbox soon. Prolly around the second generation games.

CyberBOMB
10-02-2001, 11:00 PM
Yeah dumb ass. If you dont know what youre talking about then just shut the hell up. If im not mistaken the infamous "Blue Screen of Death" appeared as Bill Gates was showcasing Windows 98. Let me make it 100000000% clear, the xbox is not using a Windows 2000 Operating system. The Windows 2000 OS is designed for computers, the Xbox uses the main core files of Win2k but thats it. Its true Os is based on the Win2k core files which are pretty **** stable. I dont know if you still believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy, but, contrary to what people tell you, the Xbox is a gaming console, nothing more.

AlBoogy
10-02-2001, 11:10 PM
I guess some people have to make **** up. Oh well. Do you think MS decision not to go online is because of viruses? Well to get back on topic, my interest grew more when i read about halo. I want halo bad.

XERO
10-02-2001, 11:52 PM
because:
i am a video game addict.
it has great potential.
i will have games not on other systems....
i refuse to buy a game system with a little handle on it....just like a school kids lunch box....

Aaron
10-02-2001, 11:55 PM
People like to latch on to any excuse to hate it. The blue screen never appeared. The xbox never crashed. A PC running xbox software crashed. But instead of researching youd rather senselessly bash and look stupid.

I chose xbox cause of raw power and the tech demos were sweet looking.

sinizuh
10-03-2001, 12:59 AM
i picked xbox because the rest of the consoles sucked.

and i wanted Halo so bad when it was for PC and now, that it moved to xbox, i'm glad i picked the right console.

Marc
10-03-2001, 01:09 AM
I picked the xbox because of the games. The raw power doesn't hurt, but I walked into EB and looked at all the games and thought, "I've GOT to play those." It's all about the games.

Heyyoudvd
10-03-2001, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
People like to latch on to any excuse to hate it. The blue screen never appeared. The xbox never crashed. A PC running xbox software crashed. But instead of researching youd rather senselessly bash and look stupid.

I chose xbox cause of raw power and the tech demos were sweet looking.

What are youy talking about? The X-Box DID crash when Bill Gates was showing it off one time. His excuse was that the 'hardware wasn't the final hardware that's going into the console'. It actually was running off of an XBox.

This happened the first time Microsoft displayed the X-Box. I don't remember what event it was, but it was the fiirst time that Bill Gates showed the public what the console actually looks like.

Aaron
10-03-2001, 03:16 AM
the xbox never crashed. read up boy. halo was running on a P3 400mhz comp with a TNT gfx card. The hardware wasnt even close to final yet.

And this is a xbox board, so if you dont like the biased people (gee what a crime) then leave. simple as that.

ThomasHun
10-03-2001, 09:15 AM
I wanted an xbox because I want to play great games without worrying about installing correctly and plus I loved the ps1 it had great games but the ps2 is just ****ing horrific. I dont see how anyone that bought one could be pleased and I say this with sincerety [sic].

Dan Livingston
10-03-2001, 05:45 PM
I read up about halo 9 months before launch, and I thought it was great. My intrests were renewed when I saw the Video on xbox.com. It looks so fast, and looks like it will feel good (blazing framerate)(that's also why i still like Goldeneye over Perfect Dark - Goldeneye was always beautifully fast with no slow down. It creates exitement, but when the framerate gets choppy (as in PD with 4 players and 8 simulants....it just sucks the fun out of it.)

I am also a huge racing fan. i have more racing games than any other types combined. Project gotham looks so sweet, because it encourages fun, cool-show-off-driving vs. try to take the perfect line. and GT3 claims to be sooo acurate, yet cars go 20-30 mph faster than they would in real life (a NSX going 170! hahahha)

Dr_J
10-03-2001, 07:23 PM
I want it because it's the best. I only buy the best. Why waste money on anything less?

Severe_Tire_Damage
10-03-2001, 07:35 PM
What if youre bill and youve got money to waste?

addict733
10-04-2001, 05:00 PM
if i was bill gates id start a broundband server for 19.95 a month. think of all the money he would make selling it that cheap. plus he has the start up capital. i would love to be bill.